Categories > Games > Metal Gear Solid > Metal Gear Middle

A lunch in hell

by Warrior 0 reviews

Read title

Category: Metal Gear Solid - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 823 words

1Ambiance
Chapter 5:
Snake was pissed off. He was too busy looking at Eva that he didn't watch his own back. And not only that, but the look on Zero's face. He should have shot him when he was on the ground.
The rest of his squad was walking away from the range, defeated, and in pain. But even thogh they won, they were in the most pain. Snake was a madman!
Half of the enemy team had giant welts on their heads or backs becauase of him. Man, without Eva to distract him, they would have been pulverized. Neither team spoke, especially Snake or Eva. Zero was getting that "I won because I am better than everyone" look, but Snake gave him a "Shut the fuck up or I'll deck you in the face" look.

The Boss was congratulating all the combatants as they passed, but when she reached Snake she pulled him aside.

"Snake, I'm going to be frank with you"
"Frank Wilkinson?" said Snake, making a small author's joke that works better in movies.
"No. Snake, the entire battle was just a test. And you failed"
Snake was a little confused.

"Can you figure out what the test was?" The Boss askeed.
And then it dawned on him. "Eva." he said simply.

"That's right. A test of whether you would let your emotions take over. When you saw Eva, you instantly lowered your gun, when the right answer was to fire.
"But my gun was empty." Snake argued.
"But you didn't discover that until you were ambushed by Zero, who I told to pick Eva before you did"
Snake took all his anger and disapointment off himself and put it on The Boss.

"Why? Why me? Snake whined.

"Because, Snake. I was watching you the past couple of weeks, and was very impressed with your progress. And I've come to a conclusion. Despite your little mistake, I've decided to offer you a grade skip"
Snake instantly thought of his friends, and Eva especially.
"Hell no." was his responce. "Ok." The Boss said simply. "Now go to lunch, and don't be late.
Snake had totally forgotten about lunch and darted away, stopping to pick up his gun.

He caught up to Eva, who was waiting for him.

"Did she tell you?" she asked.
"Yes." Snake said flatly.

"What do you think?"

"Snake changed the subject, saying "Let's just go to lunch.

The cafeteria was always crouded, so Snake and his group always sat outside. Of course, they had to buy lunch inside, which was usually hectic, but today it was exceptional. Because of that kid...

Snake was buying lunch in the line, and he was lucky because today he gat a good spot. He was pretty happy with the way things were going, until some little punk in a red beret spoke up.

"So, your the Snake I've been hearing about," said the boy, accompanied by a long haired blonde boy. "I'm Ocelot."

Snake looked at him. He was a 6th grader, and he was a little shorter than Snake.
"And.." Snake said, tired of b.s. today.

"I heard you got an M14. You must think you're pretty cool."

"No, I-" Snake started, but was interrupted by the kid.
"Well I've got a revolver," he said twirling them in impossible throws and twists.
Snake tried to ignore him, but he kept rambling on about his gun and Snake's. Finally, Snake got fed up and said, "Look, kid, I'm trying to get lunch. Just shut up and leave me alone."

Ocelot was obviously offended by this comment and holstered his rifle, clenching his fists. Snake was giving the lunch lady the money, and Ocelot charged at him, but was stopped by a hand. Snake was doing the classic "hand on head" hold. The whole line was laughing, except for Snake who just slammed Ocelot's face to the ground. Then he just simply walked away.
He was halfway to the table when Ocelot's crony tripped him. He fell to the ground, spilling his food. Snake slowly stood up, and behind clenched teeth said, "That's it.

First he went to the kid who had tripped him, and punched him dead in the face. But then others in black masks and berets came and surrounded him.
One was dumb enough to come at him. Snake smashed him in the face with the butt of his rifle, and took on the others. He did the same flip he did to Zero, and a few more things he thought of on the spot.
Meanwhile, the crowd watching was cheering Snake, especially Sigint, who was getting an absolute kick out of this.

Snake had easily disposed of them, but was caught by The Boss, standing by Ocelot, who had obviously narced on him.
The Boss gave Snake a soul peircing stare that would have usually caused a normal student to look away, but Snake didn't.

"Detention."The Boss said.
Sign up to rate and review this story