Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

What Have You Done?

by Cerediwen 6 reviews

The first songfic I've done for this fic in a while. Hope you enjoy - and say goodbye to Mel

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-18 - Updated: 2007-03-18 - 895 words

1Ambiance
Silver and Cold

A/N: This is a bit of a different one and if I remember rightly I haven't done a songfic since the beginning. Well, it seemed fitting anyway and once again THANK YOU so much for the reviews and for the people taking time to read this fic. Be over in about five chapters I think but that may change...
Disclaimer: The songs by Within Temptation, brilliant band - go listen if you have time
Dedicated to: My wonderful friend Liss for introducing me to the track, and for being so happy and hyper all the time!!

Chapter 47
What Have You Done?

Would you mind if I hurt you
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
Than to harm the one I love


Swirling silver agony radiating from the pit of one soul's despair. The blade caught the light as it twisted into the pale flesh of his already scarred left shoulder. He let out a gasp of anguish as metal contacted with bone but the blade went no deeper. He knew she wouldn't hurt him severely yet and he hated her so badly for it. She smiled as she retracted the dagger from his shoulder, the blood dying her snow white skin blood red. She moved around so she sat infront of him, still chained to the bedpost but now sweat ran tracks down his face and his eyes were shut. She ran her hands over his chest, smearing blood across his scarred flesh as she smiled up at him.

I know I better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you now
I know I should stop believing
I know that there's no retreating
It's over now
What have you done?



He opened his eyes slowly, letting out a gasp of pain as she dug her nails into the soft skin around the wound she had just created. His hazel eyes were screaming at her to leave him to bleed to death - to let him forget it all but there was no way she would. He deserved every second of the pain he received her twisted mind told her but her heart didn't believe it. He tensed suspiciously as she with drew her hands but she didn't notice, seemingly lost in the battle between her heart and her mind.

I have been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away
Why? Why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us
Between me and you



Seconds later her eyes shot open and she looked at him, almost fearfully. "Help me..." She whimpered but to her surprise he shook his head "No." He whispered to her "Kill me."
She tensed as a silver tear rolled down her cheek "Then I'm gone." She murmured and looking up at her Gerard saw the spark of the girl he'd loved glow in her stormy eyes for one last time. Smiling sadly he leant forward and brushed her lips gently with his. "Goodbye Mel." He whispered to her as the spark disappeared and with one last pleading look Mel Walker was lost to a mad woman.

Would you mind if I killed you?
Would you mind if I tried to cause you have
Turned into my worst enemy?
You carry hate that I feel
It's over now
What have you done?



Silence descended as heavy as a ton of bricks upon the room as her eyes closed and she fell back against the carpet. Gerard just watched with baited breath as she didn't move, lying there with the knife still grasped in her left hand. It seemed to taunt him, tell him that if he reached out and took it he could slit her foul neck there and then. After all, the girl he'd loved was now well and truly gone - what was stopping him? He closed his hazel eyes and leant back against the bedpost, sending spirals of pain from his shoulder through to his mind. He could kill her and then it would be finished but what would he do then? He would die himself soon even if Melaina didn't kill him -slowly losing the will to live. And what about little Kaela then? She was still his daughter and she would die to if no one was there for her. He bit his lip so hard that blood began to pour, he couldn't kill her. But he couldn't give a good reason why.

I have been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away
Why? Why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us
Between me and you


Screams echoed from his chapped lips hours later, out through the palace and the silent city. Screams as her knife bit deep into his flesh, screams as yet more blood drained away and Kaela heard. She heard all of it as she stared into the depths of the last old chrysanthemum that sat on her window ledge, its petals already dying and falling to the wood below. She heard her mama torture her father and she knew there was nothing she could do but pray and wait it out. But it hurt...it always did.

I've been fool
Won't let it go
We will be free when it ends


We'll all be free when it ends.
Sign up to rate and review this story