Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Saw It On Your Keyboard

Calm Before The Storm

by DeadOnArrival626 5 reviews

Dana's Dad speaks his mind.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 492 words

0Unrated
Author's Note :Sorry for lack of updates again. This one is short but necessary. Please read and review! Thanks!


I woke up to a knock on the door. It must have been my father. Alicia quickly ran to the door and I saw Anna run straight for my room. I was quite positive that she wanted nothing to do with this. As quickly as Alicia ran was as quickly as Pete stood up. I sat up straight and started tearing again. I knew the end was soon to come. Alicia braced herself and opened the door fast and ran out of the way as my Dad stormed into the room. He began yelling and walked briskly towards me but Pete stood in the way.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" My Dad yelled with his face as red as a lobster. All Pete did was offer him his hand with a big smile and said:
"Nice to meet you Mr. Donavin. It's been a pleasure dating your daughter. My name is Pete." I giggled.
"WHAT?!" My father screamed in question, "Pete you say? What is that supposed to mean?"
"That's my name sir. I was just wondering, why is it that Dana has to leave Chicago?" he asked in a clueless way.
"Because she's hanging out with people like you!" He exclaimed.
"People like me? How so?" I was trying so hard to contain my laughter. He was being so clueless.
"Well for one you have her lying to me and her mother!"
"I didn't tell her to lie. Maybe she was afraid that you would react like this if she had asked you in the first place." Pete said raising an eyebrow.
"But, well," You could tell that he was defeated in this category, "She shouldn't be dating a rock star. You are all on drugs and all you do is party!"
"Well, actually, I'm straight edge."
"Straight edge?" He questioned.
"Yes, it means I don't drink or do drugs. I may party once and a while but I'm more of a stay at home guy at heart." He stated factually. Again, my Dad was defeated.
"But look at all your tattoos and makeup." My Dad said pointing to his arms and eyeliner.
"It's just a form of self expression sir. No harm done." Pete said. And once again, my Dad was defeated. "Look sir, why don't I take you out to breakfast, on me, and we'll try to talk this out. What do you say?" Pete asked. I looked at my Dad with the saddest face that I could fathom to make.
"Okay, but no funny business." He said in agreement with a softer expression than when he first entered and Pete held the door open for him as they stepped outside. Pete gave me a wink as my Dad left and he disappeared down the corridor along with my Dad and I was left alone to await my fate.
Sign up to rate and review this story