Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Hate You, Gorgeous.

Chapter 7: The talk

by Dancemandydance 3 reviews

Ryan tries to convince Pete to stop it with Eden.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-22 - 791 words

0Unrated
-Eden's POV-

I'm awoken by the pounding in my head. "Holy fuck," I whisper to myself. I sit up and realize its morning. Where the hell am I and how the hell did I get here? I don't remember anything about last night. I grab my head and walk out of the bunk slowly, the room spinning around me.
"Whoa, E, you okay?" asks Ryan, grabbing my arms and pulling me up. "You got really tanked last night."
"I guess I did. I don't remember what happened. Where you with me?"
"No, I'm pretty sure you with Gabe and Pete the whole night," he says, sitting me down on the couch.
"Ah," I say, looking down. Gabe and Pete? What did I do with Gabe and Pete? I have no idea. I almost don't want to know.
"Where's Bren?"
"He is up front playing Guitar Hero with Spencer. Do you want to talk...about something?"
"No, not really," I sigh. I can't talk to Ryan about Pete. I mean I trust Ryan, but Brendon's his best friend.
"Look. I know something is up with you and Pete. I don't know what it is, but its kind of getting to Brendon a little bit."
"It is?" I say, my eyes brightening up. "I mean...what? Nothing is going on between me and Pete."
"Yeah...okay. Well, I just want to let you know that I'll always be your friend. You've helped me through a lot of rough times in my life." He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in for a hug. "But you and Brendon have something special. You can't throw it away over lust." I lower my head and nod. Some part of me thinks that what I feel for Pete is just lust, but another part of me is sure I'm falling in love with him.
"Pete is such a jackass," I say under my breath. "He flirts with me constantly, trying to weaken me into falling for him. He's dead set on getting me." I don't know why I'm saying this...part of me must think it. I think I still have booze in my system. I start to doze in Ryan's arms.
"I'll talk to him," he whispers, patting my head. "Now why don't you go rest some more?" I nod and he helps me up and leads me to my bunk.

-Pete's POV-

We arrive at the venue around 1. I barely slept last night after the talk I had with Eden. I regret not taking her in my arms and kissing her and telling her how I really feel, but I am sure I would regret my decision no matter what it was. I sit on the bus for a while, alone, fiddling with my laptop.
"Knock, knock," a voice says from the door.
"Who is it?"
"Ryan. Can I talk to you?"
"Yeah sure." Ryan comes and sits next to me. "What's up?"
"You need to stop with the Eden thing. I just talked to her and she wants you to stop."
"What? I don't know what you're talking about," I say, putting my hands back to the keys.
"Stop typing. You know what I'm talking about Pete. You can't break her and Brendon up. He loves her. It would kill him to lose her. How would you feel if you had someone for two years and someone you already compete with in business starts competing with you in relationships? Brendon's your friend. You can't do this."
The words that come out of his mouth sting in my ears. Did she really say she wanted me to stop? Last night she was all over me - of course she was drunk, but still. Maybe she really only wants me to make Brendon jealous? Maybe this is just a game to her.
"She flirts with me, too, ya know?"
"Yeah, but I think she's just doing it to make Brendon jealous." Alright, I'm not the only one who thinks so. "Promise you'll just leave her alone? I mean, be nice, but stop trying to steal her away."
"You're probably right, Ryan. I'm being a stupid, pompous asshole. It's a competition. I don't even really feel for her." God, what a fucking lie. Why am I doing this? Why am I being noble? God, I hate that I've finally grown up.
"Good. Because I don't want there to be a rift in any friendships over a girl. It's ridiculous." I nod and he gets up to leave. "I'll see you at soundcheck."
"Yeah, see ya." So that's it. I'm just going to stop. Thank god there are only a couple more weeks on the tour.

_____________________________________________________________________

Yes. I know its short. More coming in a second.


Sign up to rate and review this story