Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Twins

Good Times Never Last

by Always_A_Legend 8 reviews

What happens when Jay's long lost twin, Jayden, appears? What if Jayden is more qualified to be the team's leader? What if Jayden falls for Theresa? What will happen to the team and the prophecy? A...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-24 - Updated: 2007-03-24 - 1630 words

0Unrated
Whoa! Almost a month since I last updated. Ah and for those who are wondering, because of my last post saying I might quit, well good news people. I won't. I'll continue writing even if I won't get lots of review. Trying to improve my writing skills here. Anyways, school's been quite hectic so I might not post as frequently as I used to. Ok maybe I didn't post as frequently but not as much. Now I'll shut up and start typing now.
I do NOT own class of the titans. Too lazy to put in capitals, deal with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay sat on his bed, gazing for the millionth time that day at the crystalline sculpture his brother gave him for Christmas. No matter how long or how many times he stared at it, he would never get tired of looking at the shining treasure. He and his bro have been hanging around lately. They were practically seen together every single second of their life. At first, Theresa quite jealous because she wasn't able to spend time with Jay but after a while, she was fine when she realized how much this meant to the two brothers. They really wanted to make up for the times they couldn't and didn't spend together during their childhood. Days went by, and Cronus made no signs to disturb the peace and for once Jay wasn't so uptight and was able to relax a bit. Jayden had dragged him everywhere from the mall to the movies to restaurants to the park and to...well practically everywhere in the city. Jayden was also able to make Jay have fun in their walk outdoors, something that the others weren't able to do for a long time. Today was a special day, today was the two brothers 7 year anniversary since their parents death. Today was the day where everything would be perfect in the eyes of Jay Argos.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Come on, Jay! Don't be so uptight! The sales end today, we can go and check it out and come back. It won't be then end of the world just because you went out for just one afternoon,' said Theresa, pulling Jay by the arm. The others looked up with a bemused smiled on their face.

'Jay, why don't you go with your little girlfriend? If Cronus attack, we can handle it,' said Archie. Jay shot him a death glare but Archie just shrugged it off. Theresa put her oh-so famous puppy pout. Jay looked at her but quickly looked away.

'Come on, Jay. You can do it. Just don't look at her. Especially her eyes. Don't look, don't look.'

Too late. Jay looked. He looked at her quivering lips, her shining teary eyes, the twitching of her nose. Jay sighed and gave in.

'Alright, but only if we all go,' he said. He also mentally slapped himself. The others groaned.

'Jay, come on. Don't do this to me. It's bad enough to be bored out of mind here, but do you have to drag me along with your little field trip with Miss Drama Queen here?' asked Archie. Theresa gave him a punch in the arm. Archie flinched back.

'See??!!' he said to his leader, with an indulgent voice.

'That's too bad, Arch. If I suffer, you all suffer,' replied Jay with a smirk. Archie sulked all the way to the mall. Since it was lunch time, they first headed towards the food court with Herry on the lead.

'Ah, isn't that Jayden? What is he doing here? I thought he was with Hera,' said Odie. Jay frowned. They watched him enter a mysterious looking shop.

'That's odd,' murmured Odie.

'Of course it's odd Odie! I mean look at that shop! It's so ugly! The curtains color doesn't match with its surrounding colors, the decorations are out of place and not to mention they look like antique.' Neil drawled on and on but nobody was listening to him.

'What do you mean by odd, Odie?' asked Jay.

'Well first off, Neil is right. The shop's outlook makes it stands out among the rest of the stores in the malls. It's not everyday you find a store with a brownish door, purple curtains and weird superstitious object as decorations. But nevermind that, what I mean is how Jayden was acting before he entered the shop.'

'What do you mean?' asked Archie.

'He looked right and left before entering. And he only opened the door a tiny bit so he could slide in. it was almost as if he didn't want others to know he was going in. As if...'

'As if he was going to meet someone he isn't supposed to. Someone like Cronus,' finished Jay.

'Now, now Jay. Let's not jump to conclusion,' said Atlanta. But Jay didn't stay long enough to listen. He ran to the store and slid in. Theresa sighed.

'And I was foolish enough to think that we would be able to spend at least one afternoon Cronus-free. Come on guys, we have to follow him before he do something idiotic.' Theresa ran to the store, shortly followed by the rest of them. They look around to see if anyone was looking and entered the shop quietly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Good, good. You have served me well, Jayden. Soon I'll have those brats at the mercy of my feet!' cried Cronus. 'Now go, I still need more information. Meet me in the park at 7 tonight. I'll be waiting.' Then he disappeared in the darkness. Jayden turned and walk out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Could you at least tell us why are we doing this? I'm missing my evening run for this, you know,' complained Archie.

'Yes, yes, we know. Now could please do us all a favor and shut up?' hissed Atlanta. 'You want blow our cover?' At this, Archie immediately shuts up but he shot a death glare at Atlanta who shot him one back. And thus started the Death Glares War...

'Come on. What is taking them so long? It's already 5 past 7 and they're not here yet?' said Jay, completely oblivious to the scene that was happening behind him.

'Um...May I point out a little point here, Jay,' said Odie. 'This park is very big and we're not even into separate groups so being all cuddled together we only covers 1/25 of the whole park. So I think it might be wise if we all separate and cover more grounds.'

'Odie got a point here, Jay. While we're all hiding in this 1/25 spot, Cronus and Jayden might be somewhere else, already met up and talking about some world domination plan,' added Theresa. Jay grumbled.

'Alright then. I'll stay here, Theresa, you go east, Archie, you go west, Neil, check out the north side, Odie and Herry, the south side and Atlanta, run around the perimeter and keep a look out for any suspicious movement. If you all notice something weird, contact me at once. Is that understood?' commanded Jay. They all nodded their approval and headed towards their assigned positions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'So what news do you bring me, Jayden?'

'They are on the moves. I believe they are suspecting me already.'

'Oh? How's that?'

'I'm not sure if you have noticed it this afternoon, my lord, but they have followed me into the store.'

'What? How could you be so careless?'

'No worries, my lord. Because this was part of a plan I have thought of but haven't yet told you.'

'Tell me more about this plan of yours.'

'I purposely let them see me at the mall so they would grasp the point of coming here and find us. But since this was all planned, we have the bigger advantage. During my stay with them, I have learned many things about them and their habits. You could say, I know them and their every move. Knowing Jay, he'll be probably around here and looking for us. Since this park is quite a big one. He'll have to separate the members of the team so they could cover more grounds. I'm not sure where he'll position each of them but one thing is sure. He'll have Atlanta circle the perimeters and keep an eye for anything suspicious.'

'Good, good. You have done well. I'll have my mignons get those pests. You, go and lead Jay here. This is where he will fall along his friends. Yes, yes, I can sense it. Tonight, we will end this once and for all.'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Man what is taking them so long?' mumbled Jay. It's been almost an hour and no sign of Jayden. Nor have the others contacted him yet. 'Guess I'll have to call them.' He tried Odie's PMR but all he could get was static. It was the same for the others.

'I got a bad feeling about this.'

'And a bad feeling you will get!' cried a voice that was oh-so familiar.

'Jayden! What is the meaning of this! I thought you were on our side!'

'Exactly, my dear brother. WERE on your side. But not anymore, I shall show you my true strength I have gained during all my trainings, I will show you that I regain my position that you once took from me. I will be ruling over your life, I will show you what it is like to be hated from everyone. I will show you the power I have gained from the darkness of my heart, I will show you, I will show you!'

As Jayden spoke, he moved towards the meeting place. Jay chased after him.

'Good, he bit the bait,' thought Jayden.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, I'll leave it here. I still need to work on my project which is due on Tuesday and I sill have done half of it. So tat a!! please R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story