Categories > Original > Romance > SeaMello

Insane Asylum

by sesshyfanchick 0 reviews

insane aslyum!!

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2007-03-29 - Updated: 2007-03-30 - 1644 words

0Unrated
"He's grown more sullen."

"He's detached, he won't even let the head doctor see him any more."

'These voices,' I thought to myself, my head swimming with tangled thoughts. I awoke with a start; tiny beads of sweat forming upon my brow. Water, I remembered water. I patted myself with my hands, searching for a spot of dampness. Nothing, I was totally dry.

How was that possible? I stared around, taking in my surroundings. Fear began to take hold of my mind when I realized that I was somewhere else now. Darkness surrounded me, encircling me as if I was a trapped mouse trying to fight a losing battle against an army of ferocious felines. I grimaced at the sterol smell of the place. It reminded me too much of a hospital, what with that rubber glove stench.

I whipped my head around when I heard the opening of a door. Someone had pushed open a door that I hadn't even known existed. Bright light spilled out from the doorway, the white glow engulfing my sitting body.

"Come on girl, we don't have all day," a woman's sharp voice resounded. I immediately stood up, afraid of the woman raising her voice again. I saw her motion an arm, gesturing for me to come towards her, which I obediently did. I followed her out the dark room, stepping out into a narrow white hallway filled with nothing but vibrant light. I could see the woman clearly now. She was dressed in a nurse's uniform, complete with hat, shoes, and a very skimpish skirt. She had a clipboard in her right hand and a white ball point pen in the other.

"Follow me girl, he doesn't like to wait," she said, her feet scuffling along the tiled floor. I followed in suit.

We passed numbered doorways, where windows showed me the sleeping forms of hospital patients lying soundlessly in their beds.

"Why am I in a hospital?" I asked the woman. The woman continued walking, as if she hadn't heard me.

"You're not in a hospital, you're in an insane asylum," she answered. My eyes widened and a little treble of fear began to coil within me. Were they going to lock me up in here? I wasn't insane! Yet maybe the current situation that I was in was enough to prove it.

The woman halted in front of a door, a door with no number. I stood behind her, trying to stare within the doors tiny window but it was too dark. Suddenly, the woman turned around and grabbed my arm. She pulled out a set of keys and thrust them within the doorknob, turning the key-slot to the right and opening the door. She tugged on my arm, sending me whirling into the darkness of the unknown room. I landed on the soft; paddy cushion of the floor as the door was shut closed. I began to panic, tears already starting to form within the depths of my eyes. I'll never be able to get out! I halted my fearful rant when I heard the soft breaths of someone inhale and exhale. I wasn't alone.

I stared about me, my eyes adjusting to the dim darkness.

"Who's there?" I called out, trying to make my voice sound as infallible as it could. When I didn't receive a response, I decided that it was no use to just sit there, oblivious to my surroundings. I placed the palms of my hands upon the soft cushions of the floor, crawling my way through the darkness in search of the mollified breathing. The noise grew louder and I already knew that I was getting closer.

Finally, my hand felt the fabricy feel of soft material and I ceased my search. I looked up and came face to face with dark, black eyes, eyes that you could lose yourself in for eternity. Looking at his hair, I gasped as I realized it was the same boy from the island! His golden colored hair was unruly, tangled in some spots with some pieces of long hair tussled about before his face. He looked wildly beautiful. His pale skin shone through the darkness, its white animosity blinding me temporarily.

I continued to stare within his eyes, noticing the faint rings of bags beginning to form underneath them. It looked as if he hadn't had a decent nights sleep for ages.

"Do you remember me?" I asked, throwing my wait upon the heels of my feet. His knees were brought up to his chin, his long arms curled into weak fists against them. He looked so detached, aloof, nothing like the boy I had met earlier back at the island. I was amazed that he wasn't terrified, what with the impaling darkness threatening to drown him.

"Hey," I chided softly, trying not to startle him. Although, it looked as if nothing would be able to startle him. His eyes averted towards his hands, seemingly bored with my presence. I sat back, my teeth chewing at a peace of slippery flesh from within my mouth. What was I supposed to do now? First, I was cast upon an unknown island, barren from any sign of human life save for myself. Now, I wake up to find an entirely different setting. A cold, desolate insane asylum and a detached beauty that was mute beyond all reason. I sighed, clearly not liking the outcome of my odd situation. Could reality get any...weirder?

I woke from my musings when I felt the cold penetration of watchful eyes. I looked back up, meeting the gaunt gaze of the boy who had yet to speak. I shivered. He was so hauntingly beautiful; it was as if he were nothing but a fragile piece of white paper, sitting idly by in the darkness. His golden colored hair glowed with a vibrant enmity, as if the sun had lost its way during the moon's shift. I suddenly wanted to touch it, his hair I mean.

My hand outstretched, nearing towards the boys shoulder length hair. I just wanted to touch it, see if it was real or not. Nothing seemed real anymore, not even his skin. He was too pale.

I smiled when I felt the cold smoothness of his hair brush against my extended fingertips, yet...I quickly withdrew when he flinched. There was nothing to be afraid of, I knew that much, but I couldn't help but feel intimidated by his presence. Hell, he looked like a silent mass murderer with the way he was staring at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I didn't really care anymore whether he heard me or not. I pretty much figured it was going to be impossible to get through to him.

"It's so dark in here," I said more to myself than him. "Why aren't there any windows?" I crawled towards where he was sitting, sitting besides him and leaning my back against the cushiony wall. I glimpsed him over. He looked oddly...cute. His sitting position was indeed rather odd, what with his knees pulled all the way up to his chin, yet it gave him an air of vulnerability. Though I could already tell by his incommunicable nature that he was anything than vulnerable. Maybe a little bit indifferent, but nothing close to weakness.

Maybe he was just lonely. Here he was, sitting all alone by himself in the dark, nonetheless inside the confounds of an insane asylum. I was kind of getting that feeling of being miserable already.

"Hey, you're not alone," I thought aloud. "I have no idea how I got here or where I am for that matter, but there's no use in being all gloomy over it." I turned towards him, wondering if he had heard me or not. I quirked an eyebrow.

"And I certainly don't know how you got here so fast when the last time I saw you was back at the island," I added. He wasn't staring at me; instead his eyes were averted towards his hands again. His nonexistent attitude was really starting to annoy me.

Withholding all my wit, I crawled over towards him, leaning into his face. I just stared at him, stared and stared and stared. What would it be like to touch his hand? Would his flesh feel as cold as ice? My hand guided over towards his knee where his hand was resting. Then, I uncurled my fingers, wrapping them around the size of his hand. I gasped at the cold contact. He was really cold and I suddenly realized how much bigger his hand was against mine.

Then before I knew it, I was hurled towards the ground, a rush of icy coldness clamping around my neck. I opened my eyes hesitantly, afraid of what I might see. He was atop of me, his legs straddling my body, pinning me to the ground. His face was expressionless; his eyes even more desolate and lost than before. All I could do was gape at him. I marveled at the way that his cold, slender hands began to put pressure upon my neck, blocking my entrance for oxygen. I tried to cry out, tried to call for that woman to come back...but I couldn't speak. He was choking me damn it! And then, I began to feel dizzy. I soon became lightheaded; the images around me blending into each other like an abstract painting. I saw the dark ink again, swiveling its way towards me, ready to attack.

And then it did just that, wrapping itself around my body. Finally, I sunk into the ground, the feel of the boy's hands still lurching at my neck.

I decided that I'm gonna' make this into a story rather than a 2 chappy one-shot thingy. I'm kinda' liking how it turned out so far. Please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story