Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Hate You, Gorgeous.

Chapter 18: The Mistakes

by Dancemandydance 1 review

Things happen...bad things.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-01 - Updated: 2007-04-01 - 1956 words

2Exciting
-Eden's POV-

So Pete just called - they have to stay for a couple more days. He says they were asked to do something for charity at the last minute, so I don't really mind. I'm just upset because I'm going to miss him like crazy. Thank God I have Gabe here with me to keep me sane.
"Wanna play?" he asks, sitting on the floor with a nintendo controller in his hand.
"What are you playing?"
"Old school stuff - Dr. Mario."
"Oh!" I squeal. "I rock at that game. You're going down, Cobra boy." He smiles at me as I sit down next to him Indian-style, our knees touching. "Ready?" He nods and hits play and we're off. I totally kick his ass and do a victory dance after his defeat.
"TASTE IT!" I yell.
"Ohhh, I'll taste it!" he giggles, chasing after me. I run around the kitchen and around the living room before he catches me and starts tickling me like mad. I squeal and cry in protest and he finally stops and just stares at me with lustful eyes. I stare back. Why am I staring back?! I bite my lip and then break away from his gaze, pushing him off me.
"Nope," I say softly.
"Nope what?" he asks, his face contorted like he's incredibly confused.
"Nope on you and me."
"What you and me?"
"I saw the way you looked at me, Gabe," I say softly, sitting up on the couch and fixing my hair.
"What way?"
"You know what way..." I reply.
"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry...I can't help it. I have a little crush on you. There, I admit it."
"Gabe, you can't like me. We're friends, room mates. I love Pete. You know that."
"I know," he shrugs. "You're just so perfect."
"Perfect?" I laugh. He has got to be joking.
"Yeah...you're beautiful, smart, funny, intelligent."
"Smart AND intelligent? WOW, Gabe! Thank you!" I laugh, trying to lighten the mood. "Thank you, though. Really. But you have to find someone else. I'm taken, forever, by Pete."
"Forever, huh?" he asks. I just nod.
"Yeah I think I'm even going to get a tattoo while he's away and surprise him. A symbol of 'forever', ya know?"
"Can I go with you? I want to get another one."
"Yeah, let's go." I take his hand and lead him outside.
"Now?"
"Yes!" We drive to the parlor and when we get there, the guy asks me what I want. I've decided I want to get a tattoo Pete already has - the 2*R tattoo - on my wrist. I go back to get it (they won't let Gabe go back with me) and it hurts like a mother, but it's a good kind of pain.
"Got it," I smile as I come out. Gabe had just stepped out from getting his tattoo and we both had white bandages around our wrists. We look like a couple of suicidal kids.
"What did you get?" he asks.
"You'll see when the bandage comes off" I wink. "You drive, my wrist hurts."
"So does mine!" he whines.
"I don't care. I'm the lady," I smile.

-Pete's POV-

I can't believe I have to go another couple of days without seeing my girl. Our record label is making us go to this charity dinner thingy in London. I don't want to go, but I guess its for a good cause so I suck it up.
The next couple of days go by quickly and pretty soon it's the day of the dinner and one day away from me flying home again. I get ready with Patrick and we head out. When we get there, the elite of young Hollywood dazzles on the red carpet. It makes me sick sometimes to think that I have to be a part of this. All of these girls, scantily-clad for a charity dinner? It just doesn't seem right. As I walk down the carpet, I see a girl staring at me. She looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. She must be a model or something.
Throughout the night she keeps glancing over at me, smiling and waving. I wave politely, but that's all. After I while I get sick of her eyes being constantly on me so I go outside for a breather.
"Hi Pete," I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around and see her - the girl who's been staring at me all night.
"Hi, do I know you?" I ask.
"You don't remember, do you?" she asks, pouting. I feel terrible, but I shake my head.
"About two years ago at a party, you and I..." she made a hand signal to convey her meaning.
"Oh, really? God, I'm sorry. I knew you looked familiar. How...how are you?" I stutter. I can't believe this. One night, ONE NIGHT I had a one-night stand. It was after a really hard break-up and I just needed to get my rocks off with a hot chick. Why did she have to be at this party? And why does she have to be here, with me on this dark balcony now?
"I'm good," she says, seductively walking towards me. "How about you, Pete?"
"Good. I have an amazing girlfriend and the band's doing great."
"Girlfriend, huh?" she says, taking my tie in her hand.
"Yup," I reply, backing up towards the railing. "Eden. She's amazing."
"You said that part already. Why isn't she here with you, if she's so amazing?" I can feel her breath on my skin. She keeps getting closer, and its making me incredibly uncomfortable.
"She has work back in L.A. that she can't miss. She's a big casting director and.." I push her away, but she just comes back, closer.
"I missed you Petey. You were such a good fuck," she says before pressing her lips to mine. I resist, pushing her away, but not before I hear the paparazzi's cameras go off. Holy shit...that did NOT just happen. I have to go. I push her and run inside.
"Patrick, I have to go."
"What? Why?"
"I have to go. Something happened."
"What? Is Eden okay? What's wrong?"
"Nothing, gotta go!" I say urgently, running out the door. I drive back to the hotel and get out my cell to call Eden. I look down and see the two dreaded words "no service." I bang on the stearing wheel and start to cry - she is going to kill me. I rush to the hotel and call her house as soon as I get into the room. All I get is her answering machine. Now she's going to see those pictures before I have a chance to explain myself. I'm a dead man.

-Eden's POV-

Gabe, Brendon, and Travie took me out to dinner last night to get my mind off Pete. I came home and crashed immediately because I was so tired. When I wake up, I go straight online (like I usually do) to check my mail. My mailbox is flooded with e-mails, mostly junk, but one stands out. Its from my friend Chloe.

Hey E. I thought you should see this.

I open the e-mail and see it - a picture of Pete kissing a beautiful girl on a balcony, taken last night. I lose my breath and grab my chest from fear that my heart might be ripped out and stomped on. How could he do this to me? The caption reads "Looks like Pete Wentz has found a new London Lady Love. Sexy couple, eh?"
I don't know what to do. Should I cry? Should I scream? Should I call him? What? I take the first route, collapsing to the floor and crying my eyes out. Gabe must have heard me, because he runs in and picks me up.
"Eden. What happened?" he asks. All I can do is point to the screen and he sees it. "That bastard. I'll rip his balls off," he says angrily.
"How could he do this to me?" I stutter behind my tears.
"I don't know. Maybe you should call him?" Gabe says after a couple of minutes of rubbing my back.
"No. I can't. He'll just make excuses, but I know what I saw."
I spend the rest of the day in my bed, in the dark, not talking to anyone. My cell phone starts ringing off the hook, so I decide to turn it off. I don't care if Pete's sorry, he did what he did and there's no getting around it. He should just go fuck that stupid blonde bimbo.
That night I go downstairs, after a couple of hours of trying to cry myself to sleep with no success. Gabe's there, alone, watching TV.
"Hi, sweetie. Did you talk to him?"
"No. I don't want to. I want to get drunk, though," I say, reaching over to the liquor cabinet.
"I don't think that's such a good idea, E. You should talk to him. He's going crazy."
"Isn't he on a plane now? I can't talk to him. He should be going crazy, knowing what he did to me. I hope he dies."
"So you two are over?"
"Looks that way," I say before chugging at the Smirnoff.
"Whoa, tiger!" Gabe says, grabbing the bottle. "If you're going to get wasted, we're going to do it right." He takes some drinks and makes a couple of concoctions. We get completely hammered and the next thing I know we're sitting on the couch, me in his lap, talking like idiots.
"I heart you, Gabe," I giggle. "You make all the pain go away."
"That's what friends are for," he slurs. I stare at him for a second and then the alcohol takes over and my lips meet his. His lips taste sweet, but not nearly as sweet as Peter's. Fuck...fuck Pete. I'm kissing Gabe now, and it feels good.
"What was that?" he asks.
"I just wanted to do it," I smile. He smiles back and kisses me, placing his hand on the back of my head and pulling me deeper into the kiss.

-Pete's POV-

I walk up the steps to Eden's house. She hasn't talked to me all day. She won't return my calls. I'm worried sick. I know she won't answer the door if I bang on it, so I find the spare key and let myself in. I walk into the dark living room and see to figures...kissing. It's Eden and Gabe.
"What the fuck is going on in here?" I yell, turning on the light. Eden's shirt is nearly off and Gabe's is completely off and they were full-on making out. I can't believe this.
"Pete, what the fuck are you doing here?" she asks, pushing her top down and getting off of Gabe.
"I should ask you the same question."
"I live here, dumbass."
"NO. I mean what are you doing on top of him? You're my girlfriend." I can feel tears welling up in my eyes. My stomach is in knots, I feel like I'm about to vomit.
"I'm only doing what you did with that blonde bimbo last night. Have fun in London, did ya? Why didn't you just stay there with her."
"I can explain that. She was a..."
"NO," she screams, interrupting me. "I don't want to hear it." She storms upstairs and slams her bedroom door. I want to run after her, but I'm so full of anger that my feet won't move.
"Look, dude. I'm sorry. It just happened."
"Fuck you, Gabe," I say. My feet release from the ground and I storm out of the house.

Eden and I are done.
Sign up to rate and review this story