Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Hate You, Gorgeous.

Chapter 19: Punching Walls Doesn't Help

by Dancemandydance 5 reviews

Eden and Pete's relationship is over...or is it?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-03 - Updated: 2007-04-04 - 1086 words

1Moving
-Eden's POV-

I lay on my bed, crying my eyes out. Why did I kiss Gabe? Why did Pete kiss that girl? We are a happy couple, him and I. We love each other. This isn't supposed to happen. Why isn't he coming up after me? I don't know what to do, so I just lay there and cry.
"E," I hear a voice say.
"Pete?"
"No, it's Gabe. Pete's gone," he says sweetly through the door. "Let me in, sweetie. We have to talk."
"I don't want to talk," I whimper.
"Look. I know you hate me right now. But"
"I don't hate you, Gabe. I could never hate you. Why would I hate you?"
"Because I ruined you and Pete."

Ruined!? What does he mean ruined? It was just a fight. Damn it, Pete. Why does he have to be so emotional about this stuff? Look who's talking. I walk up to the door and let Gabe in. He looks at me with so much hurt in his eyes that I can't help but hug him. I immediately break down and start sobbing on his shoulder.
"Its okay, Eden," he says softly, stroking my hair. "Everything will work out. You and Pete are made for each other. Everyone says that."
"You didn't ruin Pete and I. He ruined it. He's too God-damn emotional. Everything is either so high or so low for him. He drives me crazy."
"You don't mean that," he says, parting from me and looking into my eyes. "You love him. You have since you met him and you will until the day you die."
"Since when are you the romantic type?" I giggle, trying to lighten the mood.
"It might be the alcohol that's letting me loose, but I'm saying what's in my heart right now. I'm really sorry about the kiss."
"I kissed you, remember? I was jealous and upset and hurt and I just needed to feel something else. I needed to feel someone else."
"I understand. I've been that way before." He takes my hand and leads me over to the bed. "Look, E. This will blow over. Pete will cool down."
"We've had too many ups and downs in our short relationship. I just don't think I can live with him."
"You can. Honestly...can you honestly tell me you can live without him?" he says, taking my chin and directing my eyes towards his. I frown and shake my head.
"He's my oxygen," I whimper before bursting into tears again.
"We'll get him back for you, then," he smiles, putting his arm around me and holding me against his chest, rocking me back and forth.

-Pete's POV-

When I get to the bottom of the driveway of Gabe and Eden's, I stop and seriously think about going back. I have to go back. I love her. She's my oxygen. But I can't face her. I'm afraid of what I'll say and what I'll do. My emotions have completely taken control over me and it's not good.
It's late, so I can't call my therapists. Instead, I call Patrick. I've learned to talk to him about my problems and I've found that he's a really good listener.
"Hey Trick. Can I come over?" I ask after I hear him pick up the phone. "I need to talk to someone. Something bad happened. Eden and I are over. Okay, I'll be there in a few."
A few minutes later I walk up to Patrick's door. He's wearing shorts and a t-shirt, complete w/ a baseball hat.
"Dude. What the fuck happened? Didn't you explain to her what went down with you and that girl?" he asks as we walk into his kitchen.
"I tried. Where's Dani?"
"Sleeping. She's really tired from the flight."
"Ah yeah, me too."
"What do you mean you tried?"
"I went to her and Gabe's and when I walked in..." I can't finish that sentence. It hurt too much to say it out loud.
"What? What happened?" he asked urgently.
"I saw them. On the couch..."
"Oh my God. Are you serious? They were..."
"Not yet. But I'm sure they would have if I hadn't walked in." I put my head in my hands and start to whimper. Patrick just sits there, his jaw practically hitting the floor.
"Jesus Christ. I can't believe E would do that."
"She did. She looked like she was enjoying herself, too." The hurt in my voice turns to anger. "I can't believe the little bitch, honestly."
"Don't call her that. She's not a bitch. And technically, you did hurt her first."
"I didn't kiss that girl!" I yell, pounding my fist on the table. "She attacked me! She kissed me! I pushed her off immediately after! God fucking damn!"
"Whoa, calm down. Okay, you didn't kiss her. But she didn't know that. She still doesn't. You have to tell her."
"She should trust me. She knows how much I loved her."
"Loved? As in past tense?" he asks. I nod. "No, you still love her. That much love can't just disappear in a second, Pete."
"I'm just so fucking mad. And I'm really hurt, too. Gabe is one of my best friends. How could he do this to me?"
"Were they drunk?"
"I don't know. Eden doesn't drink anymore."
"Maybe she was drinking because she was hurt. Gabe loves to drink. I'm sure he made her some drinks and things just got out of control. You need to talk to her."
"Don't rationalize her actions down to her drinking. It's not the booze's fault. It's hers. And his," I say, getting up off my chair and walking around.
"Don't do anything stupid, Pete."
"Stupid? What would I do?"
"You're really out of control right now. You're hurt and you're angry and you're crying. You need to calm down. Eden loves you," Patrick says, getting up and walking over to me.
"Don't say her name. And don't say love." I choke back my tears and punch the wall - hard.
"Damn it, Pete. You're going to wake up Dani. Stop it!" he says, grabbing my hand. I break down and fall to the floor.
"I'm sorry," I cry.
"It's okay. You have to stay here tonight. I'm not letting you out of my sight because honestly, you're scaring the shit out of me right now." I just nod and rock back and forth against the fridge, holding my knees.

What the fuck am I going to do?

___________________________________________________________________

Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story