Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Holiday Season... But Not Everyone's in the Holiday Spirit

Chapter 29

by Nic 1 review

sorry i've not updated in a while, i was a little distracted but here it is and thanks for the reviews.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 1728 words

0Unrated
I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and the sunlight shining in from the window. I stretched and turned over to look at the clock on the bedside table. 12:30 in the afternoon, wow those sleeping pills really do knock you out I laughed to my self. Benji appeared in the doorway smiling.

"Something funny?" he asked looking amused at me.

"Just thinking how much them sleeping pills really do knock you out." I laughed shaking my head.

"I know you where out cold." He laughed. "Here I brought you some breakfast. He smiled handing me a tray with toast, cereal, orange juice and my tablet on.

"Thank you but seriously you don't have to do all this for me I can still do some stuff." I said taking the tray off him as he sat on the bed next to me.

"You going to kill me but I went shopping this morning too..." I was about to protest but he held his hand up to stop me. "... I already needed to go for our house so I thought I'd pick you up a few things while I was out." He said smiling at me.

"Fine I'll let you off." I sighed giving in to him.

"Me and Joel have got a meeting we have to go to today so I'm going to bring everything you'll need up here and your going to stay here in bed resting until I get beck. Sarah's agreed to come over later to make sure you ok until I get back." He said.

"I fucking hate this." I said jokingly making him laugh.

"You should be enjoying this loads of people would love to be you right now being looked after and ran round after."

"Bet they wouldn't enjoy the pain I'm in though." I said rolling my eyes then taking my tablets.

"Good point." He smiled switching the TV on handing me the remotes, my phone, magazines, sweets, chocolate, fruit, my tables and juice. "That should keep you going until Sarah get here." he smiled then kissed me. "I've got to go see you later and you be good stay here and relax." He warned me.

"I'll be good." I sighed rolling my eyes but smiling at him. He winked at me then left he room. I looked through the magazine for a while, when I'd got bored of the magazines I flipped through the TV channels finally deciding on some still teen romantic comedy movie.

I was half way through the movie when I heard someone opening the front door and then making there way upstairs. There was a knock on my bed room door then Sarah walked in.

"Hey how you feeling?" she smiled coming and sitting on the bed next to me.

"Bored out of my fucking skull." I said bluntly. Making her laugh.

"What you watching?" she asked turning her attention to the TV and helping herself to some of the snacks Benji had left me.

"Some shitty teen romantic comedy. So predictable, don't ask me why I'm still watching it." I laughed making her laugh too.

"So what you been up to today?" I asked her looking at her looking dressed up.

"Nothing just met up with an old friend from school." She said blushing slightly.

"Oh really just a friend? This wouldn't happen to be a guy would it?" I said smirking.

"Yeah but it's not what you think he's just a friend." He defended but was fooling anyone.

"Oh really just a 'friend' that's why your all dressed up, dressed to impress someone." I laughed.

"There's nothing going on." She said laughing her self.

"Oh but you'd like there to be?" I questioned determined to get something out of her what can I say I've been bored on my own all day I have to make some entertainment for myself.

"Well, I wouldn't say no. he's asked me to have dinner with him next week." She blushed again.

"Oh really first coffee then dinner I see where this is going." I laughed.

"When did Benji say he was getting back?" She said in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

"Later now stop trying to change the subject tell me what's going on?"

"Nothing we went to school together, got along really well but nothing really happened we where like the Benji and Sophie with out the arguments of our year people called us." she explained this comment making me laugh.
"I bumped into him at the party over new year..."

"Wait he was here at the new year party and you never introduced me to him?" I said.

"Yeah well you where busy with your own drama." Sarah brushed off. "Anyway we talked getting to know each other again, we swapped numbers. I thought nothing of it until a couple of days ago when he rang up and asked me out for coffee. I accepted and here we are." She explained.

"Get in there girl." I laughed.

"Ok now what's the deal with you and Benj?" she said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said doing my best confused look.

"What's you twos sudden 'truce' all about?" she questioned.

"We called a truce that's it. We did used to be really close you know." I said. She still didn't look convinced.

"I don't know it's just too weird." She said looking confused.

"What's weird?" I laughed.

"Everything. You come back here and you're your normal disagreeing fighting selves then there was this weird atmosphere between you two when Liam was in hospital. When Liam got out of the hospital there was this whole new anger between the two of and then everything seemed to cool down over Christmas. Then there was new year you and Liam seemed really distant and you and Benji where actually getting along. Then the day after the party you announce that Liam's left the engagements over and you and Benji are at war more than ever. And now, now a few weeks later you're here and are like best friends. It just doesn't make sense." She said.

"What do you want me to say, where... complicated." I laughed.

"No that's not it there's something more, there's something your hiding he's my brother and you're my best friend I've known you both too long and know you both too well." She said.

"Sarah nothing's going on." I said failing to hide the smile on my face which she caught.

"Ok well try telling me that with a serious face." She smirked. It's no use she's was on to us. I took a deep breath looking her in the eye serious for a second, she was smirking at me and I burst out laughing.

"There is! There's something going on between you and Benj!" she squealed. "You have no idea how long everyone's wanted this for. Oh my god why didn't you tell any one? How longs it been going on for?" she rambled on.

"Sarah shhh." I said managing to finally stop her ramblings. "We've not told no one because you've all waned it for so long and have such high expectations for us that if it doesn't work out you'll all be pissed at us and we done want that. we wanted it to be just us two for a while so we can get our heads around it all and figure out if it's what we really wanted."

"Wow I can't believe this, how long?" she said in amazement.

"Since the night Jake attacked me." I said quietly. She looked at me confused. "After he attacked me I went to yours hoping to see Joel or Josh but no one else was in apart from Benji. He looked after me and helped me. I don't know what it was we just kind of got everything out I seen everything from his point of view and he seen everything from my point of view for once. We talked about everything and got everything cleared up. I guess once we got all our frustrations with each other out and let go of all the anger we seen in each other what you've all seen between us in so long."

"I'm so happy for you two. So everything's going ok so far, right?" she questioned worriedly.

"Yeah everything's going great but please Sarah you've got to keep this a secret and I mean it you can't tell anyone. Benji's not even told Joel yet that's how big this is." I said.

"He's not told Joel? Fucking hell and those two tell each other everything and I mean everything." She said.

"I know exactly."

"So how long do you think it'll be before you tell everyone?" she questioned.

"Not sure, until we're sure we know what we want. We'll know when the times right." I said and she nodded understandably. We heard the front door open announcing Benji's arrival.

"Ok well I hope everything goes ok for you both." She quietly then gave me a hug. "I'll see you soon ok and I promise..." she made a zip fastening action on her lips and then a lock and threw away and imaginary key. Making us laugh.

"See ya." I smiled. Benji walked in as she walked out they said a quick 'hi' and 'bye'

"She left quickly." Benji said sitting on the bed and giving me a kiss.

"Yeah she was just telling me about some guy she's met up with from school." I said.

"Oh really this wouldn't be a boyfriends type guy?" he smirked.

"She said just friends but you can tell their totally into each other." I informed.

"Oh really maybe I'll have to give him the older brother talk." He said trying to act big and hard. Making me laugh.

"Yeah right." I laughed sarcastically. "Maybe you should leave that to Josh."

"Josh? I'm the scary one remember!" he said acting offended.

"Yeah right sure." I joked.

"So how's your day been?" he asked.

"Fucking boring, until Sarah came that is and I made my entertainment in embarrassing her." I laughed.

"You're a bitch really aren't you." he laughed shaking his head.

"That's what you get for making me sit here doing fuck all all day." I said.

"Your are doing something... you're getting better." He smiled. I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Whatever."
Sign up to rate and review this story