Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

All school rules are in effect.

by favoritexloser 3 reviews

class challenge begins..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-05 - 1245 words

0Unrated
The day came when the class challenges would begin. Mr.Byden made us wear these awful looking white shirts that read: "I am a Community Helper!" Many of us whined and complained that the shirts were the worst thing ever. A girl in my class wailed,"But Mr.Byden! What if some other kids from other schools see us? I'll totally be humiliated!!"
"But why would any kid see you? They'd probably be in class." Mr.Byden reasoned out.
"Mr.Byden, we're living in the 20th century. Kids these days aren't always in school.They're probably out with their gangs getting high or something." my bestfriend, Stephanie said. Mr.Byden scratched his head. Then he said,"Okay,whatever. You have to wear those shirts or else. The mayor was the one who provided those.Let's show some decent respect and act like we love them, okay?"
"Bet he's just doing that for the elections next year." a boy who was sitting behind me said under his breath.I turned around. It was Mikey Way. Mikey was just looking on at Mr.Byden. I turned back at the front. "The bus is expected to arrive now, so I guess we should wait outside." Mr.Byden said, looking at his watch. "Buses? Where are we going?" I asked. "The community park. That's where we'll have the first challenge." Mr.Byden replied. We all piled out of the classroom to wait outside the school. None of us had the shirts on(we came to school wearing our own clothes, they gave us the shirts today). Mr.Byden was upset that we were not wearing them, and so he made us or else he'll give us the pink slip. I sighed as I put my on. I looked at Mikey. He had to remove his glasses before putting on his shirt. Mikey's a really quiet guy. But he seems to be very friendly. "Mmm...Now that certainly is some hot stuff." Stephanie said as we both looked at Mikey.
"Stephanie! That is really childish. Grow up." I replied.
"Sorry, it just looked like you're really interested. So, I thought maybe I could get you in the groove." she explained.
I looked at her,"Groove? Who says that? And, no, I'm not interested."
"Nevermind. But one day, Ciara, one day, Mikey Way will make you feel horny!!" she laughed.I punched her arm. "Ouch!" she squealed.
"Stephanie, I love you, but sometimes, it feels like I want to see you drown." I said. Then the bus arrived. Stephanie and I snagged a seat near the back, but not so far. Mikey, well, he took the empty seat behind us. Poor Mikey, he's always so quiet. What happened to his friends? Mr. Byden counted us before the bus driver closed the door and before he sat down. "26. Good, good. We're ready to live." he said as he finished counting. He sat down and the bus driver started driving. The community park was only 10 minutes from our high school. Once we arrived, we saw the mayor and his assistants waiting for us. Mr.Byden got out of the bus first, then we followed."Mr.Byden. It's a pleasure to see your senior class participating in this challenge." the mayor looked at us, "Where is your principal?" "Oh, she is quite busy today,she has many parents to meet, and lots of things to do. She may come tomorrow, depending on her schedule." Mr.Byden explained. "Oh,no it's okay. Because the people whom I am more excited to meet is the wonderful youths that have volunteered for this event." the mayor said, coming to us and shaking our hands."Volunteered?" I asked myself under my breath. Mikey smirked. "Mr.Byden lied to us.He made us do it." he said.Once the mayor finished shaking hands, his assistant gave him a clipboard, then he read from it. "My fellow youths of Newark, I welcome you to the First Annual Youth for the Community Challenge. In this event, you shall all be divided into teams of two, and will go through some different challenges which will help the community.Many of these challenges are quite youth-friendly, so you all have no worries of failing. But, if you fail, do not hesitate to try again in the next rounds. I will first deliver the rules of the game:
1.)This is a competitor-friendly game. No use of profane language or rude behavior against teams are allowed.
2.)No one is to leave the game boundaries without permission. If you do, you are disqualified.
3.)Cheating is equivalent to automatic disqualification. Cheating may vary between the choices of the judges.So be careful, our cheating list is very big.
4.)All your school rules are in effect. I find it unnecessary to repeat your school rules, as to that you are responsible of knowing them yourself.
5.)Last, but not least, have fun.

Okay, now I will call out your partners, then I will tell the prizes." The mayor was now switching clipboards.Stephanie grabbed my hand, and held it tightly."Please be Stephanie and Ciara.Please be Stephanie and Ciara.Please be Stephanie and Ciara."she prayed. "Now,these teams were randomly picked by our judges. We have no intentions to seperate you from your friends."the mayor began.Then he cleared his throat."Team 1:Hannah Thompson and Gina Nash.
Team 2:Lissa Kemp and Bobby Nottwald
Team 3:Kelly Anderson and George Harlow.."He continued on until,"Team 8: Stephanie March and Christopher Shade." Stephanie was very upset as she made her way to go line up with her partner,Christopher. Then, the mayor went on."Team 9: Ciara Fuller and Michael Way." My heart stopped beating. I couldn't move. I also heard some soft giggling from the girls who were talking about hooking Mikey and me together. I slowly went to line up with Mikey. He sighed. "Sorry, but am I problem?" I asked.
"No." he answered. The mayor wenton until he reached the last team. "Okay, now for the prizes!"the mayor then switched the clipboards again. "First place: A medal, Gift Certificates to Red Lobter for 5, Gift certificates worth $50 for AJ's CD Shop, a party for 50, and $50 in cash. Second place:Gift Certificates to Red Lobster for 2, Gift certificates worth $30 for AJ' CD Shop, a party for 20, and $30 dollars in cash. Third Place: Gift certificates worth $20 dollars for AJ's CD Shop and $20 dollars in cash." Finally, he was done and we met our first challenge. It was picking up trash. The goal was to see picked up the most trash in 30 minutes. "Hm..that seems enjoyable." Mikey commented. I laughed involuntarily at his comment. He smiled,"That wasn't supposed to be funny."
"Sorry, it's just that I laugh at things when I'm not supposed to."I said. We started to pick up trash. "This stinks." I said.
"That's obvious."Mikey replied.
We were very slow. Many other teams had their plastic bags halfway full, while we only had 1/3 of it "It's not that we're slow, it's just that Newark is a very trashy place." Mikey explained.
"Hm..so you mean, since we live in Newark, a very trashy place, we're trashy people?" I asked, smiling.
"Not you." Mikey said. I stopped what I doing. Did you not hear what Mikey just said? Holy cow. Hehe, I'm not trashy. "What about you?" I asked.
"Okay, maybe me." he smiled. There was something nice in the way he smiled at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story