Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

Round Something..

by favoritexloser 1 review

Second day of class challenge..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 987 words

0Unrated
It was rather obvious that Mikey and I got last place, thus we were awarded only two points for that first round(first place got 10 points). "It's okay. We still have more rounds to go. We could make it through." I assured Mikey.
"It's that 'more rounds to go' that scares me."he replied. I smiled. We just had a total of 10 rounds that day until the buses dropped us home(we missed the whole school day). And the total of our points so far? 25. We were the very last place. But the next day, we were ready to do better(or maybe I was ready to do better). Our class met at the park again, instead of heading to school. We had another challenge in the park. "Okay, my fellow youths," the mayor began,"Your first challenge for the day is that you will have 30 minutes to post these 'Keep Newark clean and green' flyers in every possible place to post it. Now, the rules of this challenge is that each team will be given 70 flyers, and they are color coded, which means that no team will have the same colored flyers as another team's, to prevent conufusion. You must post these flyers wherever, as long as it is not posted in the same place more than once, and another team's flyer is not already posted at that particular place. Stapling on trees is strongly prohibited, so if you must, use strong duct tape, which we will provide, along with staplers. If you break any of the rules, we will disqualify that flyer. And if you break any of the whole challenge's rules as I said yesterday, you will be disqualified." Mikey and I were handed some neon pink flyers, duct tape, and staplers. Mikey, looking at the flyers, said,"I feel really gay holding this."
"Okay, if you are so anti-gay, then hold these." I said trading the duct tape and staplers for the flyers.
"We better get going, Mark and Janet already have a run for every tree." Mikey said. Mark was our class' football star. Janet was our class' nerd(well she didn't look like one, she was just fucking smart).While the other teams were scrambling around, Mikey and I just walked past through them to the nearest tree or lamp post. "Don't you feel funny?" Mikey asked me as he was taping the flyer to a tree.
"No."I shook my head.
"Don't you feel that sudden awkwardness, that everybody is rushing around, while we're just here, actually seeing what's happening?"he asked.
"But nothing's happening."I replied.
"No, like, ever been to a really busy city before?" Mikey asked.
I thought of places I've been. New York City, of course, was a busy city."Yeah." I answered.
"Well, when you're walking in it's streets, let's say somewhere between 8-10 am. Everybody's rushing, right? And you're just walking.Don't you feel like you're the only person who's actually awake?"
"Oh, so, like, everyone's a robot, who's designed to wake up, work, eat, sleep, then do it all over again. Right?"
"Exactly." I thought of what he just said. What was Mikey aware of? So, that's what I asked him. "What are you aware of?"
"Someone." he replied, then posted another flyer. Someone? I looked around. Who was that someone who he was aware of. Then I looked at myself. Was there something on my shirt? My face?(Okay, I wasn't exactly looking at my face because there was no mirror, but you get the point)He must be aware of me. Or the judges. Withing 20 minutes of the challenge, Mikey and I posted about 2/3 of our flyers. We had ten minutes left, but being the same lazy butts that Mikey and I were, we only posted 4. "TIME'S UP!" the mayor shouted. Some of the other girls screamed their hearts out, as if they were getting raped or something. The judges counted the flyers. Once they got us altogether to tell us the points, I accidentally grabbed Mikey's hand(I wasn't aware of this until the other girls started giggling, again, but I kept holding on, for the sake that I was pretty nervous). We weren't first place, but we also weren't last. We were in the 10th place, but we were only awarded 5 points. The day went on and on. And suprisingly, I did actually have fun. I think it was because of Mikey. When we had a challenge to care for some people at the retirement home, I think I developed a crush on Mikey. But it was stupid to think that the girls were right, but I guess they were right. At the retirement home, were given the last 40 minutes of the day, to hang out with our designated grandpa/grandma. We got a retired barber who said he cut hair for some famous people that we don't even know. Mikey seemed to enjoy his stories, while I just stared at Mikey. When Mr.Prosek(that's our grandpa's name)caught me staring at Mikey, he said,"Now, my dear child, stop staring at your boyfriend.Listen to my story first, then I'll give you time to do whatever you want with him." Then he got closer and lowered his voice,"Maybe even start kissing in the bathroom." Mr.Prosek burst out laughing. I bet Mikey heard that, because he was blushing really deeply. "Um, Mr.Prosek, I enjoy your time, but Mikey isn't my boyfriend." I said. I felt stupid saying that. I might have hurt Mikey. "Oh, sorry, it just seems that you two are into each other. When you came to me, you were leaning on him, and I even caught you touch his lap. Looks like your into him. But if you two aren't then I understand. But if you ever do, tell me first." Mr.Prosek winked. I was into him. When could I tell Mikey?
Sign up to rate and review this story