Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

the last day.

by favoritexloser 2 reviews

last day...but the story doesnt end here...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 891 words

0Unrated
The third day of the class challenge, we all met up at the local library early in the morning. It wasn't even opened yet, but the mayor had the key, though. When we piled inside, he lined us up next to our partner(again, like the first day), then started speaking to us. "I am very proud of you guys. You have reached the final day of this challenge. But what has caught my attention is the amazing compliments by the senior citizens you guys have spent the time with yesterday." How could I forget that day? That was one of the most embarassing days of my life.
He continued, "Many grandparents said they would love to meet up with you once again. So that will be our challenge again. But for now, you're going to hang out with little preschoolers. Now, they're here for a school field trip. I expect you show them the proper behavior we should all act, because each team will have a pair of students, and read them stories of their choices. You will be assigned once they arrive, so for now, I guess can tell you what that party your teacher promised you." As the mayor was pulling out a piece of paper from his assistant's book bag, I whispered to Mikey,"Um, yesterday, when we were with Mr.Prosek, uh..well..you possibly didn't really took any of his jokes seriously, right?" He looked down, then at me, then nodded slowly, then looked down again. "Okay, look, Mikey, you're a really, really,really nice guy, okay? That's all I meant to say." I replied. Of course he wasn't just a nice guy, he was a great guy. The mayor started speaking again, "Now, I said before that the top two winners get a party, but this party is different. You will all be getting a party all the way in Trenton. There, you'll hang out with Trenton's high school students who have also participated in their own challenge.You will be picked up at your high school tomorrow afternoon, and you'll stay at the Sheraton hotel in Trenton. The party is on Thursday, then you'll leave Friday afternoon. I'll give more details when we reach Trenton tomorrow." Just then little kids appeared outside the library door, peaking inside.
"Aww..They're so cute." I heard myself say out loud. Mikey looked at me with his emotionless glance.
"Sorry, it's just that-" I started to say but Mikey interrupted, "It's okay."
Then the mayor opened its doors. Tons of kids rushed inside. Some of my classmates stepped a couple feet away, like a mad lion was amongst them. Mikey and I just stood in their midst. We were the only team just staying where we were when the mayor was talking to us. Since the kids were running around, some almost knocked me down, so I had to take hold of Mikey's arm. We both looked like frightened parents stepping inside their teenage daughter's room. Mikey suddenly put his hand on my hand that was taking hold of his arm. I could feel little bumps rising on my arms and around my neck. But I think Mikey didn't notice that we were holding onto each other. Suddenly, the preschooler's teacher blew her whistle, and she was just right next to us. I gripped Mikey's arm harder, because the whistle seemed to split my ears. Mikey also gripped my hand harder. Once the teacher stopped, she apologized to us then called her students together. The whole library was quiet again, and Mikey and I walked out of the little scene. What I noticed was that my classmates weren't quiet because of that stupid whistle. They were quiet because they were watching Mikey and I hold onto each other. "Geez..These people can't seem to mind their own business." I told Stephanie.
"Oh, Cici, don't you see? They were right! You guys do look good together!" she exclaimed. Then the mayor called us again to order so he can assign our preschoolers. He went through the list of teams and their preschoolers, and those who have theirs went on to the children's section of the library. Mikey and I were at the bottom of the list. We had two cute girls who were supposedly bestfriends.
"Hi, I'm Ciara, and this is my friend, Mikey. We're going to read to you today." I said, stooping to their level. They giggled a sweet, innocent giggle.
"What's so funny?" I smiled.
"It's just that, you look like you're married." one of them said.
"Do you love each other?" the other added. Mikey was blushing, again. I locked Mikey's arm in mine and said, "Yes. We are married. And for today, we you're parents. Now, let's head to the books, okay?" The girl who said we looked like a married couple had blonde pigtails and her name was Tiffany. Her friend who asked if we loved each other had smooth, dark hair, and her name was Marie. As we were walking to the books, Mikey whispered,"So, that was joke, right?" I shrugged, but didn't say anything.


to be continued...

um..sorry that this was short because I'm really really busy right now. I have to do a supid Powerpoint Presentation for my history class..there'll be a part 2 for this chapter..
Sign up to rate and review this story