Categories > Original > Fantasy > Child of the Crossroads

Part 3

by MysteriesInTheAttic 0 reviews

Que the ominous music

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1148 words

0Unrated
Kyle and Jacob watched as Trish's car pulled out with Clara in the passenger's seat.
"She is a strange critter isn't she?" Kyle commented.
"You don't know the half of it. I told Drake at lunch that I couldn't read her thoughts and he suggested Chris do an aura reading..."
"That's not possible in the school, thanks to the purple energy." Kyle interrupted.
"Shh! I know that, but Drake insisted and I am glad he did." Jacob said remembering the look on Chris's face when he had looked at Clara's aura, "Because we found the source of that nasty clogging purple energy. Clara it would seem is anything but human."
"You're kidding? She can't create that much energy. It just isn't possible." Kyle reasoned.
"It's not only possible, it's the truth of the matter."
"The truth of what matter?" asked a deep melodic voice from behind them.
"Hello Blaine." Kyle said in a monotone not even bothering to look behind him.
Blaine Feldorian. Tall, dangerous, mysterious, and a pain in the ass. Blaine and his twin Derek were the unofficially official police of the supernaturals in the town and the surrounding states, probably the whole country. Feldorians kept everyone in line within their ranges and those ranges could be massive. Their power was never questioned, but do you want to question two very imposing vampires who were in the upwards of three millennia old. I don't think so! Jacob and Kyle were brash at times but no one was stupid enough to go up against one of the twins. Alone they could each probably take out the whole eastern sea board, together they were all but invincible.
"Kyle. Jacob." Blaine acknowledged in that eerie voice of his that was hypnotic to humans but a headache to a non-mortals, " I hear we have an interesting development. Drake says you, Jacob, have stumbled across our little purple power generator."
"So it would seem from what Chris told me and Drake at lunch." Jacob said trying to keep his excitement tamped down. He had possibly discovered the most important thing to happen the magical community in the last century. A creature capable of creating enough power that some spells, that used so much energy it would kill any ten warlocks that attempted them, could be completed many times over before she depleted her energy. The possibilities were limitless, and not to mention she probably had a plethora of untapped powers that were ripe for the picking.
"And it comes in a sexy, little body to boot!" Kyle joked, "The Gods are surely smiling on us today."
"Or laughing as they curse us." Blaine said cocking an eyebrow, "If this girl does have that much power she could be a very big problem. From what I gather, she has enough power to challenge Feldorian dominance and win. That is a kind of power that no one has ever seen, at least not in the last few thousand years."
"Wait you think she has that much power?" Jacob asked mouth agape at the sheer quantity of power Clara would have to possess to challenge even one Feldorian.
"What's this about power?" an nasal voice asked. It was Eric Hickton, an ever curious nerd that had an annoying belief in the supernatural and had almost caught them on more than one occasion.
"This wouldn't have anything to do with the werewolf sighting last week would it?" Eric asked pulling yet another random sighting from his mental encyclopedia. Seriously the guys mind was super organized and filled with fun facts like that; Jacob hated reading his mind it was like eating pasteboard.
"What werewolf sighting?" Blaine asked giving Eric a stare that clearly said "fuck off if you want to live".
"One near the Northgate cemetery Wednesday night last week." Eric stated matter-of-factly.
"No it wouldn't and it also wouldn't concern you. Now scram you twit before I decide o make mince meat out of you." Kyle snarled at the poor human.
Eric turned tail and ran, not walked or even jogged but full out sprinted away.
"Kyle why the hell did you do that it was unnecessary." Blaine admonished clearly peeved at the younger vampires hotheadedness.
"He is just some spindly, little geek that wouldn't even make a good snack." Kyle whined.
"Still, he deserves to be treated with some measure of respect. You will apologize to him!" Blaine commanded.
"Fine!" Kyle yelled before getting up to look for Eric.
After he was out of sight, Blaine turned towards Jacob and asked, "What are you thinking she is?"
"I have no idea, but it isn't human." Jacob answered biting his lip trying to think of something that could create that much energy at one time, "In all my studies, I have never read about anything like that. Nothing even comes close. She looks and acts human, I haven't ever seen anything about her that would make me suspect otherwise until today."
"Is it true?" a voice that was the duplicate of Blaine's asked from beside them.
"Yes Derek, it is." Blaine told his twin.
Derek was basically the polar opposite of his twin, save for his height, his voice, and his eyes. Where Blaine was dark and punky, Derek was humorous and a bit nerdy. Blaine had raven black hair while Derek had brown-blonde hair shot through with red highlights. The two made a strange and deadly pair.
"Clara Smithton. That's isn't one I saw coming." Derek said with a low whistle.
"None of us did. She has never showed any signs before." Blaine told his twin, because he knew Jacob was to nervous with both of them standing there. Together the Feldorian twins didn't even have to think to take out one little warlock. Jacob didn't want to speak out of turn and end up a scorch mark on the grass.
"What is she displaying now?" Derek asked Jacob.
"Um...she has a mind block I can't breach, she is immune to my Draw, and she is the source of all the purple energy that has been cloying up the school." Jacob said trying not to stutter.
"Seriously?" Derek questioned turning towards his twin.
Blaine nodded.
"I can't think of anything good she could be. I will have to do more research on this, I do have a feeling she is something that hasn't been seen in a very long time though. In the mean time, Blaine call a meeting I want to know what the others have to say about this." Derek instructed.
"I hope to the gods we can figure this out soon." Blaine responded.
"I doubt the gods will be able to help us if she is what I get the feeling she might be. Pray I am wrong." Derek informed his brother.
"Derek you are hardly ever wrong!" Jacob commented.
"Trust me you better hope I am this once."
Sign up to rate and review this story