Categories > Original > Fantasy > Child of the Crossroads

Part 4

by MysteriesInTheAttic 0 reviews

Heaven and Hell be damned when these people come together

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1153 words

0Unrated
"Why are we here again?" James asked the group that was gathered in the twin's basement.
"We are here, dragon, because we have a potential problem." Kyle snarled.
"Kyle be nice to my brother or I will tear you apart." Diana, the younger dragon sibling, snapped back.
"All of you be quiet." Charlie said from the couch, where he sat flipping idly through an old issue of Time Magazine.
"Watch yourself cub." Kyle commanded the young werewolf.
"Bite me batty!" Charlie hissed back putting down his magazine.
"That can be arranged!" Kyle said moving towards Charlie.
"Now , now children no fighting." Shane said laughing as he threw a magical barrier between the two warring creatures.
"Werewolves and vampires are so testy!" Jacob said sipping a soda and leaning against one of the sky blue walls.
"Hey, I'm not that bad." Peter, another vampire, complained.
"True, very true." Jacob admitted.
"Where are Derek and Blaine?" Chris asked sounding annoyed with everyone gathered in the room.
"We are right here." Blaine said as they emerged from a side door that led to Derek's personal library.
"Thank god, now maybe they will shut up." Chris said in mock relief.
"What ever ghost boy!" Drake said looking up from his book for the first time since they had all arrived.
"Okay settle down you obnoxious brats." Derek yelled causing them all to grow quite.
"Now we are here because we have stumbled upon something very strange." Blaine explained to the group.
"All of you know about the violet energy that has been hanging around the school." Derek continued, there were mumbled yeses and yeas.
"Well, we have found the source." Blaine said picking up where his brother had left off.
There was suddenly an air of interest and excitement in the room.
"It comes in the most unlikely of places. A girl." Derek said to the creatures surrounding him.
"Who?" the brash Charlie asked.
"Clara Smithton." Jacob supplied.
"No way I know her. She isn't anything special." James said laughing like it was a joke.
"That's what I thought. Until I found out I couldn't read her mind." Jacob told the laughing dragon in human form. James suddenly stopped laughing.
"You're kidding." he said to Jacob before turning towards the twins, "He's kidding right?"
"I wish he were," Derek said solemnly.
"Well, what the hell is she?" Charlie demanded to know.
"Yeah, there isn't too much she could be if she produces like that!" Peter rationalized.
"That's the problem." Derek told them, "I can't find anything she could be. What ever she is, isn't well documented."
A murmur of wonder filled the room.
"Silence!" Blaine bellowed. The room fell so quite if a pin had dropped it would have sounded like a bomb had gone off.
"Derek and I have decided the best course of action is to go straight to the source to find out what she is. We intend to have the warlocks cast a Reversion on her to take her back to her truest form." Blaine said in an even voice.
"Are you insane?" Jacob yelled, "That spell is all but impossible!"
"Shush! We know but we will pool energy from all of the supernaturals here and we should have enough if we also use some of Clara's loose energy." Derek explained to the waiting group.
"And what if I don't want to give up my energy?" Diana demanded of the Feldorians.
"Yeah, Clara hasn't done anything. Why should we go stirring things up?" Charlie rationalized.
The room erupted in conversation as to what the group should actually do.
"SHUT UP!" Blaine yelled asserting his ability to quite the unruly gathering yet again.
"We will do this because Clara could potentially destroy all our lives. You will not argue on this, the decision has been made for you all." Derek stated coolly closing the matter.
"This is going to be very dangerous." Shane said from where he stood against the wall.
"Very, very dangerous. I have heard many accounts of warlocks dying in Reversion spells." Jacob informed the group, "You understand that even if we complete the spell there is no telling what will happen. It isn't an easy spell to control and might very well have no effect."
"And the results if it does work could be catastrophic for us. Clara could change immediately or soon after in such a rapid fashion we couldn't get to her." Shane continued Jacobs train of thought.
"She could also turn on us once she is changed, and if she is even barely as powerful as she appears to be she could raise some serious hell before we could even do anything." Jacob said with a grim look on his face.
"We are fully aware of the repercussions and possibilities of this action. Do you have a better option though?" Blaine asked the two warlocks.
"No, but..." Jacob began but Blaine cut him off with a hand motion.
"It is settled then. I know there are some preparations you two will need to make. You should begin tonight." Derek told them in his ever composed voice.
"Any suggestion on when we should do this?" Peter asked.
"This Friday." Chris said blandly.
"Why so soon?" James questioned.
"Because Clara is supposed to be staying at Trish's and her parents won't expect her home till late on Saturday at the earliest." the phantom boy intoned with an expression that clearly said he wished he was any where but where he was.
"How do you know this?" Kyle asked incredulously.
"Clara and Trish are in my third period and they talk rather loudly some days." Chris sniped peeved that he had been called out on his sources of knowledge.
"Okay then. Can you be ready by Friday?" Blaine asked the warlocks who had been quietly discussing their best plan of attack for a spell of this nature.
"Yeah if we can get you two to give us access to a Pooling Stone tonight and can get the energy we need." Jacob said with a distant look in his eye.
"Done." Derek said going back into his library only to return a moment later with a fair sized, highly polished, egg shaped amethyst in his hands. He silently handed the stone to Jacob.
"We will do the spell on Thursday night and have it ready to activate on Friday. When do you think the best time during the day will be?" Shane asked taking the stone and examining it.
"I think we will do it during third, because Chris is in that class with her to take care of her if she begins to change." Derek thought out loud.
"Fine but if she goes crazy on me it is your fault." Chris snapped.
"Okay enough bickering. We need to get this energy so we can do what we need to." Jacob said.
"Have at it boys." the Feldorians said in tandem.
Sign up to rate and review this story