Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Disaster Strikes

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 2065 words

0Unrated
"Honey, Archie's here!" Atlanta's mother called up the stairs to her daughter.

"One second!" Atlanta yelled back. She was in the bathroom, applying gloss to her lips. She put the container down and looked at herself in the mirror.

She had on a frilly lavender camisole, and a pair of flared jeans that she had drawn on with gel pens during a very boring algebra class, but were still nice nonetheless.

Atlanta was wondering why she had dressed up so nice. It was just Archie, after all. The guy who had burping contests with Herry, the one who sang in an irritatingly high voice to Green Day. The one who waltzed around his house in Spongebob Squarepants boxers for Christ's sake! He was just a friend. Her best friend.

Or was he? Her mind wandered back to when Archie stood up for her with Helen. How her stomach tingled when she saw the intensity in his eyes. And then when she hugged him, it just felt right somehow.

"I don't like him," Atlanta said to herself.

"Don't like who?" Archie asked, standing in the doorway.

Atlanta let out a yelp and tripped on the toilet, falling into the bathtub.

"Are you okay?" Archie laughed, helping her up.

"Oh yeah," Atlanta told him, "I do that all the time."

Archie chuckled and looked her up and down.

"You look nice," he concluded.

"Thanks," she smiled, "You do too."

Archie was wearing a black muscle shirt, a pair of dark-wash jeans, and a light blue plaid shirt that he had left un-buttoned. He had combed his hair down, and he smelled suspiciously like Tag body spray.

"Let's go," Atlanta said, pulling him out of the bathroom.

When they walked down the stairs, Atlanta saw that her whole family was down there waiting for them.

"You both look so cute!" Atlanta's mother exclaimed, clasping her hands together, "David, take a picture!"

David was Atlanta's step-father. He had married her mother two years after Atlanta's father had died, which, in Atlanta's opinion, was too soon. They had birthed two children together, two year old Bailey and 9 month old Hayden.

"Wanna go too!" Bailey shrieked, running up to Archie.

"Maybe next time, okay kiddo?" he asked, ruffling her blonde curls.

"Kay," Bailey smiled, hugging Archie's legs.

Hayden crawled over to Atlanta and clutched her feet.

Atlanta chuckled and picked him up.

Hayden rested his head against Atlanta's chest and began drooling on her shirt.

"Eeeww, Hayden!" Atlanta groaned, placing the baby back on the ground.

Hayden smiled, showing off an almost-toothless smile, and laughed his little baby laugh.

"Come on you two," Atlanta's mom said, "Get together so we can take a picture!"

"Please, Mom, we're just going to a movie!" Atlanta exclaimed, "It's not even a real date!"

Upon hearing that, Archie's face fell.

"Alright," Atlanta's mom pouted, "Be back by twelve, okay sweetie?"

"Okay," Atlanta said, "C'mon, Arch."

Archie grinned at her and followed her out the door.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Archie walked Atlanta over to his motorcycle and tossed her a helmet, which she immediately slid over her head.

Archie then got on the bike and Atlanta slid on after him and placed her arms around his waist, careful not to bump her broken wrist.

Archie turned on the engine and the motorcycle zoomed down the street.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"How about that part where the monster ripped that guy's lung out and ate it?" Archie recalled.

"Ugh, don't remind me," Atlanta groaned.

The movie was over, and the two friends were sitting in McBurgerton's, slurping down chocolate milkshakes. They were silent for a minute, not being able to think of anything to say. Atlanta looked down at her cast, reading each of the notes her friends wrote on it.

Hey Atlanta, Hope your wrist gets

better so I can keep kicking your

ass arm wrestling!

Herry

Atlanta! Please stop hurting yourself!
I don't think your family can handle any

more medical bills! Remember when you

broke our leg falling out of the tree in third grade?

Odie

Remember, Lan. Scars won't look

pretty when you're trying to impress!

Neil

Nice job, Atlanta! Five broken limbs in the

past three years and counting!

Trent

Hope you get better soon!

(Jeez I am lame!)

Jay

Hey, thanks for saving my
butt today! It's awesome to know

someone as cool as you! Just remember

that I've got your back too, okay?

Arch

"So who were talking about in the bathroom?" Archie asked, snapping Atlanta from her thoughts.

"Beg pardon?" she questioned.

"At your house," Archie told her, "You said, and I quote, 'I don't like him.' End quote."

"Oh, it was...." Atlanta stammered, racking her brain for an excuse to tell Archie, "Peter from City Chicks. I hate his character, he's too stuck up. Doesn't belong with Caroline."

Archie raised his eyebrows at her. "Whatever," he chuckled.

Atlanta grinned and took a large swig of her milkshake.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"See you tomorrow," Archie called from his motorcycle.

Atlanta waved to him from her front porch, then she went inside the house and ran to her room. She immediately turned on her computer and logged onto her town's instant message website. Atlanta scrolled down her buddy list to check who was online.

Jalaxander204 (Jay)- Offline

Hydrasmasher (Herry)- Offline

Green-Goggles517 (Odie)- Offline

CommanderofSlander (Archie)- Offline

2Sexy4MyShirt (Neil)- Offline

High-off-life362 (Trent)- Online

Atlanta immediately clicked Trent's screen name when she saw he was online and sent him a message.

LannyF261: Hey!

High-off-life39: Hey, what's up?

LannyF261: Nothing. You?

High-off-life39: Homework.

LannyF261: On a Friday?

High-off-life39: We're juniors now, Lan. Portfolio year, remember?

LannyF261: Thanks for reminding me.

High-off-life39: Ha ha!

LannyF261: Ugh! You suck!

High-off-life39: Sorry.

LannyF261: LOL. Jking.

High-off-life39: Okay, moving on...

LannyF261: Ha ha! So what are you doing besides homework?

High-off-life39: Zoning out to my iPod.

LannyF261: Listening to Jessica Simpson, are you?

High-off-life39: You're hilarious. Try The Strokes.

LannyF261: Nice.

High-off-life39: What's wrong with The Strokes?

LannyF261: Nothing...nothing!

All of a sudden, Atlanta started to feel really nauseous.

LannyF261: I g2g. Think I need to go to bed.

High-off-life39: K. C you tomorrow.

LannyF261: Bye

Atlanta signed off and got changed out of her clothes. Her stomach still felt sick, so she walked to the bathroom, only wearing her underwear, and got some Tums. After she chewed a couple of the colorful pills, she could feel her dinner rising up her throat. She ran over to the toilet and emptied the contents of her stomach.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Atlanta woke up the next morning, feeling that if she moved she would barf again. She looked over at her clock. 5:30 PM.

'Shit!' she thought, 'I slept all day!'

"MOM!" Atlanta called, "MOM! CAN YOU COME HERE?"

Atlanta's mother bolted up the stairs and into her daughter's room.

"You're finally awake!" she exclaimed, feeling her daughter's forehead, "Oh, honey! You're burning up!"

Atlanta nodded and pulled her blankets over her head.

"Oh, Trent called," her mother said, "He wanted to ask what time you were coming over, but I told him you were sick, and he should come over here instead."

Atlanta immediately threw the covers off her face.

"What?" she asked.

Her mother nodded. "David and I are taking your brother and sister to visit your grandmother for the night, so it won't be too noisy around here. Get some rest until then, okay dear?"

Her mother got up and left the room. Atlanta groaned and fell back onto her pillow. The sudden moment made her feel very sick, and she ran to the bathroom.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Atlanta? Atlanta?" a voice whispered in her ear.

"Huh?" Atlanta murmured, sitting up. Trent was sitting beside her bed.

"Oh, hey," she smiled.

"Hi," he smiled back, "It's really crappy that you're so sick. I brought over some movies; think you're up to watching them?"

"Cool," Atlanta smiled, "What movies did you bring?"

"Jeepers Creepers, Meet the Fockers, and Pirates of the Caribbean," Trent told her.

"So basically, all my favorites?" Atlanta asked.

"Basically," Trent laughed, "Come on, I'll help you downstairs."

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Trent leaded Atlanta into her family area. It was a large room with a red leather couch, loveseat, and two easy chairs. The big screen TV was pushed against one wall.

"What do you wanna watch first?" Trent asked, laying Atlanta down on the couch.

"Can we watch the scary one first?" she begged.

Trent swallowed down a gulp and nodded. He didn't like horror movies that much.

"Jeepers Creepers it is," he said, popping the movie into Atlanta's DVD player.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

About twenty-five minutes into the movie, Atlanta had fallen asleep, her head rested on Trent's lap. Trent, scared as he was, was still watching the movie, but when the bodies were discovered in the pit; Trent gasped and stood up, causing Atlanta to tumble off the couch.

"What's happening?" Atlanta asked, scratching her head, "Is the movie over?

"No," Trent said, "I just..."

"Freaked out?" Atlanta giggled, "We don't have to watch this movie you know, Trent. Pop in Meet the Fockers."

"Alright," Trent grinned, grateful he didn't have to watch the scary movie anymore.

"You feeling any better?" he asked Atlanta, who had settled herself on the couch again.

"Not really," she frowned.

"Well, I brought some things for you," Trent told her, disappearing into the kitchen. When he came back into the room, his arms were laden with various items, which he immediately dispensed onto the coffee table. Atlanta leaned over to see what was in the stash.

There was a box of Reese's Pieces, a can of chicken soup, a bottle of ginger ale, and an issue of Cosmo Girl!

"Everything you need when you're sick!" Trent commented.

Atlanta burst out in hysterical laughter.

'What?" Trent asked, a frown forming on his face.

"I can't believe you went to the drug store and bought Cosmo Girl!" Atlanta giggled, burying her face in her pillow.

"Shut up!" Trent laughed, sitting on the couch. Atlanta laid her head on his lap again.

"You make a good pillow," Atlanta yawned, closing her eyes. It wasn't long before she fell asleep again.

"Night, Lan," Trent whispered, feeling a bit tired himself.....

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Trent woke up what seemed like eons later, but his watch said it was only eleven. He and Atlanta had only fallen asleep for a couple of hours.

Speaking of Atlanta, where was she? Trent realized that he was staring up at the ceiling and looked down to where his friend was sleeping. His eyes widened at what he saw.

Atlanta had kicked off the blankets that had been wrapped around her body, and the only thing she had on was a strapless black bra and a pair of lacey blue underwear.

'Oh, God,' Trent thought, 'Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God. What am I going to do?"

His first idea was to put the blankets back on his friend, and pretended that this had never happened. But then Atlanta sat up in her sleep and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Oh shit," he thought, "Shit, shit, shit, shit, and shit!"

It got worse when Atlanta's eyes fluttered open.

"Huh?" she asked, looking up at Trent, "What am I doing?"

Atlanta then proceeded to look down at what she was wearing, or what she WASN'T wearing.

"What are you doing!" she shrieked, pulling the blankets up over her partially naked body. There were tears bubbling in her eyes.

"Atlanta, it's not what it looks like..." Trent began.

"Oh, I think it's exactly what it looks like!" Atlanta cried. Her tears were flowing freely now, "Get out of my house, Trent."

"Atlanta..." Trent began.

"Now!" Atlanta screamed, and then she got off the couch and ran up to her room, leaving Trent to wallow in his misery.
Sign up to rate and review this story