Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Chaos 101 Part III

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 2017 words

0Unrated
An hour later, the small group had approached a large canyon with a river down below. And sure enough, Cronus was on the other side, his giants standing alongside him and the Typhoeus hovering close above.

Fortunately the god had not seen the heroes yet, which they could use for their advantage.

"Listen," Jay whispered, "Cronus is saying something."

Cronus was looking up at the Typhoeus, an angry expression on his face.

"This was not to our agreement," he barked, "You're not supposed to have been seen yet! You were to find the seven, destroy them, and report back to me. You have done none of that yet, so I can not allow you permission to feed on other humans yet!"

The Typhoeus growled and sank to the ground.

Suddenly, the creature looked up and began to sniff the air.

"What is it now?" Cronus asked, annoyance ringing in his voice.

"Smell blood," the Typhoeus grunted, "Humans nearby."

"That's impossible," Cronus snapped, "There isn't another house for miles. Unless..."

He looked over to where Jay and the others were hidden in the trees.

"Check over there," he instructed the Typhoeus.

The monster, instead, blew a huge gust of fire, setting the trees aflame.

"Not what I had in mind, but that works as well," Cronus said.

Fortunately, the team was able to get out in time before they too were burned to ashes.

"Aaaaah, children, so nice to see you again!" Cronus said, cheerfully, "It's so depressing that I need to have my Typhoeus destroy you!"

"I'd like to see you try!" Atlanta shouted.

Cronus stared up at his monster.

"What are you waiting for?" Cronus yelled, "You're hungry, are you not? Eat them!"

The Typhoeus smiled, showing off it's pointed, yellow teeth and flew towards the team.

"I think NOW would be a good time to run!" Herry said.

The friends all ran off in different directions.

"Nature...powers...might...be...in...handy...now!" Archie puffed to Atlanta, who was running alongside him.

"I'll try," she told him, slowing down.

'Concentrate,' she thought, 'Harness your emotions.'

Nothing was happening.

"Man!" Atlanta shouted, kicking the ground. She didn't realize that the Typhoeus was heading right at her.

"ATLANTA! WATCH OUT!" Trent yelled, running over to his friend and getting her out of the way of the flying creature just in time. The two both rolled to the ground, their faces inches apart.

"Thanks," Atlanta breathed.

"No problem," Trent muttered, feeling very awkward.

The Typhoeus was now set on Archie and Herry, his arms close enough to reach out and grab them. Unfavorably, that's exactly what it did.

"NO!" Atlanta cried. The Typhoeus was now lowering her Archie into its mouth.

Atlanta could feel the same burst of sadness and fury coursing through her when she was fighting Helen. She closed her eyes and screamed.

And then, she was rising into the air, shots of green light swirling around her. Tall vines with thick thorns were now growing up from the dirt and encircling the Typhoeus, who yelped in pain and let go of Archie and Herry.

Atlanta fell back and clamped her hands over her hair

"Ooooooooh, my head!" she groaned. That attack had completely worn her out.

She lay onto the ground and closed her eyes....

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"What's wrong with Atlanta?" Archie asked Herry, climbing up after they had hit the ground.

"I don't know," Herry said. They both walked over to their unconscious friend.

"Atlanta?" Herry asked, shaking the small girl.

"Mmmmmmm?" Atlanta muttered, "I'm fine guys, don't worry about me!" She waved the boys away.

'What are we going to do with you, Lan?" Archie whispered, hoisting her up on his back. The purple-haired boy walked over beside a still in-tact tree and laid Atlanta under it.

"Look after her;" he instructed Herry, "I'm going to destroy this thing once and for all."

Herry nodded and watched Archie walk over to Jay and Trent.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"We need to fall back!" Jay yelled, as he swiped at the Typhoeus with his sword as it swooped just a few feet above their heads.

"Why?" Trent asked, "We can take it!"

"No, we can't," Jay told him, "Not by ourselves. We need the seven of us if we have any chance of defeating the Typhoeus at all!"

Archie and Trent hung their heads down, knowing fully well that Jay was right.

"But HOW are we going to get back?" questioned Archie, "Our only means of transportation is at least six miles away!"

"We'll think of something," Jay said, scratching his head.

Luckily, they didn't need to come up with a plan, Herry's truck rolled up a few seconds later.

"Good news!" Odie called as he rolled down the window, "We fixed it!"

"Awesome!" Jay said, as he, Archie, Trent, and Herry (who was carrying a still-knocked out Atlanta) clambered into the back of the car, "NOW DRIVE!"

Odie stepped on the gas and the truck sped off, the Typhoeus in hot pursuit.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Drive, Odie, drive!" Neil shouted as he saw the monster coming up behind them.

"I'll try to throw him off!" Odie yelled, turning off the road.

"Watch it!" Herry screamed, "Don't wreck my truck!"

"It's still after us!" Neil screeched.

"What are we doing?" Atlanta asked, sitting up from the back of the truck.

"Atlanta!" Trent exclaimed, "You're awake!"

"When was I not?" Atlanta said, puzzled.

"She doesn't remember," Archie murmured.

"That big unleash of her powers must have shortened her memory," Jay said.

"What are you talking about?" Odie asked, his eyes concentrated on the cliff they were driving right towards, "What big unleash of Atlanta's powers?"

"Oh man, we miss everything!" Neil whined.

Just as he said that, the Typhoeus whipped its large hand at the truck, almost toppling the car over.

"Shit!" Herry swore.

"Stop the car," Jay instructed.

"Are you freaking crazy?" Odie shouted.

"Maybe," Jay said, "But I've got a plan!"

"Whatever," Odie muttered, pressing the break.

Jay and the team piled out of the truck.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"That's a long way down," Trent whistled, looking down the side of the cliff.

"Archie hand me your whip," Jay told the purple-haired boy.

"Why?" Archie asked.

"Just do it!" Jay commanded.

Archie handed him his weapon and Jay immediately began to pull the rope part out of the handle.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Archie asked angrily, "You're going to break it!"

"Chill," Jay said, "Trent take the end of the rope and run as far as you can."

"Um, Jay," Atlanta said, "I hate to interrupt, but the Typhoeus is headed right towards us!"

"That's where you and Archie come in," Jay said, "Try to distract it until Trent has pulled the rope to the end!"

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Archie asked.

"Positive," Jay said, "Now get that thing away from here!"

"Nice knowing you, Arch," Atlanta said, starting to run.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Surprisingly, this isn't how I imagined spending my Saturday night!" Archie wheezed as he and Atlanta continued to draw the Typhoeus's attention from their friends.

"Get used to it," Atlanta told him.

Back near the cliff, Trent was almost to the end of Archie's whip's rope.

"Dang," he muttered, "How can so much rope be shoved into a small place?"

At long last, he reached the end, and stuck his thumb up to signal Jay that they were done.

"Archie! Atlanta!" Jay yelled, "Bring it over here now!"

"We're all gonna die," Archie muttered.

"Shut up and run!" Atlanta shouted, turning towards the cliff, Archie and the Typhoeus close behind.

"Herry, when I give the signal, hit the ground near the edge as hard as you can," Jay instructed his muscular friend.

"If you say so," Herry said, poising his fist above the dirt.

The Typhoeus was coming closer now.

Archie and Atlanta managed to jump over the whip, but the monster wasn't so lucky. One of its snakes got tangled up and it belted over the side of the cliff, hitting the bottom hard.

"NOW, HERRY!" Jay shouted.

Herry grunted and punched the earth, causing a landslide of rocks to go tumbling into the canyon and bury the Typhoeus.

"Is it... dead?" Neil asked.

They all peered over the edge. The only part of the Typhoeus visible beneath the rubble was its arm, which lay limp against the soil.

"I think I'm going to faint," Odie said, falling back onto the ground.

"We did it," Jay muttered, "We killed the Typhoeus."

All of a sudden, he heard several angry and frightened shouts coming from his teammates. Jay spun around to find each of Cronus's giants holding each one his friends around the waist tightly.

'Well done Jay," Cronus smiled, appearing out of nowhere, "But now since that the Typhoeus didn't destroy you and your friends, I guess I'll have to do the job myself."

He snapped his fingers, and each of the giants began squeezing the others tighter.

"Let them go, Cronus," Jay said, his eyes narrowed angrily.

"Um.... no," Cronus laughed. The giants were grasping his friends tighter; the teenagers' faces growing blue from the lack of air.

"LET THEM GO!" Jay shouted. The next thing he knew, orange flames began speeding around his body and he blacked out.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Jay sat up quickly. He lying in a large bed inside a room filled with various Greek statues and pottery. The one modern exception was a white iMac on a large mahogany table. His friends were all asleep on hard wooden chairs circled around the bed.

"Guys?" he whispered, "Guys? Wake up!"

Each of his teammates individually began to stir, and their eyes all popped open.

"He's awake!" Herry said happily.

"Where am I?" Jay asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Odie's room," Neil informed him, snapping open his mirror and patting down his messed-up hair.

"Welcome to the Underworld, buddy!" Odie exclaimed.

"Jay, you were awesome!" Atlanta said, running over to him and throwing her arms around his neck.

"I don't remember much..." Jay admitted.

"It was so awesome," Trent said, "You just got covered in fire all of a sudden, we thought Cronus had done it to you, but then you held out your hands and blasted the giants in the face! After that, Cronus and the giants just disappeared into some portal!"

"Fire powers," Archie commented, "Pretty cool!"

There was a knock on the door, and in walked Hera, Chiron, Persephone, and another person with purple skin and hair.

"Thank goodness you're all right!" Hera said to Jay.

"Nice job, Jay," Chiron said, "Very well done!"

"You defeated the Typhoeus," Persephone smiled, "We're so proud of you." She walked over to Odie and ruffled his hair, making the small boy turn bright red.

"It was all Jay," Atlanta told her, "We would all be dead if it wasn't for him!"

"No, it was all of us," Jay said.

"Wonderful," the purple man exclaimed in a high-pitched voice, making Jay snort back a laugh.

"Oh, how rude of me, Jay," Persephone apologized, "This is my husband, Hades."

Jay's eyes widened. This was Hades? The terrifying god of the Underworld?

'Guess you can't judge a book by its cover," Jay thought.

"If you're up for it, Jay, Hades has gracefully made pancakes," Hera told the tuckered-out boy.

"Huh? What time is it?" Jay asked.

"Eight AM," Trent told him, checking his watch, "You were out for awhile."

"C'mon," Atlanta exclaimed, pulling Jay out of the bed, "Hades makes the BEST pancakes!"

'I've got a feeling I'm going to like it here,' Jay thought, as the group walked out of Odie's bedroom and headed towards the kitchen.
Sign up to rate and review this story