Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Original Heroes

Mr. Brightside

by DJessie 0 reviews

THANK YOU GreenNoseRing for letting me put this up here. I just love this stor so much I HAD to put it up here!! Thanks again! Based on the original characters for COTT.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1935 words

0Unrated
"Stupid kid," Archie grumbled, "Who does he think he is? Does he think it's funny to embarrass people in front of their friends?"

"If he's so stupid, how come you're about to put his CD into your stereo?" Odie laughed.

It was after school, and Jay and Odie were over at Archie's house, watching him drown in self-misery.

"I wanted to check out what his stuff sounded like," Archie said, "You know, in case I have nothing better to do Saturday and happen to stop by this so-called party."

Odie and Jay looked at each other and laughed as a fast, hip-hop sounding music began to play.

"This is pretty cool," Jay said, standing up off Archie's desk.

"Yeah," Odie agreed, getting off the bed.

"It does have a nice beat to it," Archie admitted, starting to rock his body a little.

It wasn't long before all three boys were dancing. Then, as the chorus hit, a buzzing noise went through their heads, making them stop in their tracks, eyes widened.

"Boys!" Archie's aunt Debbie called up the stairs, "I'm leaving now! You'll need to watch Lizzie!"

Archie, Jay, and Odie didn't respond, they were still hypnotized by the music.

"Honestly," Debbie muttered as she climbed up the steps and into Archie's room, "You have the music up so loud that it's impossible for you to hear me!" She trotted over to the boom box and turning the volume down, snapping the guys out of their mesmerized state.

"Archie, can you please listen to me when I'm talking to you?" Debbie asked impatiently, tapping her foot and clutching her very pregnant stomach.

"What?" Archie asked. His head was pounding.

"I need you three to keep an eye on Lizzie," Debbie told them, "I need to go to my doctor's appointment."

"Okay," Archie said, sitting on his bed.

"Take care, alright?" Debbie said, walking towards the door.

"Alright," the three boys said together.

"Whoa, that was weird," Jay muttered.

"You're telling me," Odie said.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Okay, Atlanta, calm down," Atlanta told herself quietly as she shook her clammy hands, "You've been to guys' houses millions of times. Of course, they hadn't been DATES, but still..."

Her pep talk was interrupted when the entry of the house swung open, Phil standing in the doorframe.

"Hey," he smiled, seeming genuinely really happy to see her.

"Hey," Atlanta said back.

"Come in," he told her, "Can I take your coat?"

"Thanks," she said, stepping into the large log cabin that was Phil's home.

"My parent's are out," Phil told her, hanging her jacket up in a nearby closet, "Does that bother you at all?"

"No, it's fine," Atlanta said. He's so sweet.

Phil walked over to her and looked at her clothes, drinking in her appearance.

"I hope I didn't overdress," Atlanta said uncomfortably, pulling her ruffled yellow top down over her tight black jeans.

"You look very lovely," Phil told her.

Atlanta turned bright red. "Thank you."

"Come on," Phil said, "We're going to organize everything in the living room."

Atlanta followed him, her face still blushing from Phil's compliment.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Two hours later, Atlanta was sitting at a wooden desk while Phil experimented with his different records.

"I wrote this song after hearing all these news reports about how the rainforests are being destroyed," Phil said.

"It's really sad," Atlanta sighed, "But isn't it great to know there are hundreds of people out there who are trying to change things?"

Phil looked unconvinced, but nodded anyways. Atlanta walked up and touched his arm.

"It's really amazing," Phil told her, "I've never felt so inspired to create. Maybe you're my vision."

He touched her cheek. Atlanta felt her face tremble. Phil leaned down and grazed his lips with hers. He began to slide his hand up the back of Atlanta's shirt, and she wasn't stopping him. All she wanted to do was stare into Phil's eyes.

The plants and tress outside were growing furiously.....

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"Alright, she's leaving," Trent whispered to Neil from where they were hiding in the bushes.

"This is so wrong," Neil hissed, "If Atlanta catches us she'll..."

"She won't catch us," Trent muttered, "Besides, she's gone now."

"And enter contestant number two," Neil murmured.

Trent looked up and saw a girl with olive skin and long black hair that he recognized from school gliding up the steps to Phil's house.

"Come on. Neil," Trent muttered, "We have to check this out."

"Can't we just leave?" Neil whined, "I'm tired!"

"No!" Trent told him, picking the blonde up by the scruff of his neck.

"Fine," Neil squeaked, "Just let go of me!"

Trent dropped his friend and slowly crept up onto the porch of the house, Neil following close behind. They both looked into the window and saw Phil and the girl furiously making out on the couch.

"The guy is such an asshole!" Trent bellowed angrily, "How are we going to tell Atlanta? She's going to be miserable."

"Simple," a deep voice said, "You don't tell her!"

Both boys whirled around and saw Phil standing behind them.

"Stay away from Atlanta!" Trent commanded, "I swear I will hit you so hard you'll be three seconds away from death."

"Oh really," Phil smirked, "And who's gonna help you? Pretty boy over there?"

Trent looked over at Neil and saw that he was fixing his hair in his gold hand mirror.

"Kinda ruining the moment here, Neil!" Trent groaned.

"What?" Neil said, finally looking up from his reflection.

"Never mind," Trent said.

Phil laughed and made a loud howling noise up into the night.

"Dude," Neil said, "Stick to playing your little jingles! You have no singing talent whatsoever!"

But his words were cut short when large vines started to creep out from under the wooden planks and encircling around him and Trent.

"What the hell?" Trent asked, struggling to let loose. Neil was squealing loudly and Phil was laughing.

Trent tried to call for help but before he could, another vine encircled his mouth and he and Neil were hoisted up into darkness.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Archie walked down a flight of stairs in front of the school the next day feeling kinda worried. He hadn't heard from Trent and Neil since last night, which was weird. Archie was the person Neil always called when he wanted to complain about something or other, and this happened at least five times a day.

Zeus knows why that was, since Archie was the first one to tell Neil to shut up when he was being annoying.

Now that the two boys hadn't shown up for school, Archie was getting anxious.

"Archie!" a voice called behind him, it was Jay, running after him.

"Hi," Archie said as Jay finally caught up.

"Do you know where Trent and Neil are?" Jay asked, I haven't seen them all day."

"No, I haven't," Archie said.

"This is weird," Jay muttered, "Herry said that they told him last night that they went to ask Phil about their Spanish homework."

"What?" Archie asked, "Jay, Neil takes /French/. And Trent doesn't have Spanish until next semester."

"Then what were they doing at Phil's house?" Jay wondered.

"Does THAT answer your question?" Archie said angrily, pointed down the Academy's front lawn.

Phil and Atlanta were walking down the pathway, hand in hand.

"Phil!" Jay called, starting to walk up to the newly-formed couple.

"What are you /doing/?" Archie hissed, grabbing his friend's arm.

"Asking him if Trent and Neil were over there last night," Jay said.

"What's up, Jay?" Phil asked as he and Atlanta stepped up to the two boys.

"Herry told me that Trent and Neil were over at your house last night," Jay said.

"That's impossible," Atlanta said quickly, "I was over for five hours, and Neil and Trent were never there."

"Five hours?" Archie asked, his mouth hanging open slightly.

"Time flies when you're having fun," Phil smiled, wrapping his arms around Atlanta's tiny waist and leaning in to kiss her.

"Phil," Atlanta giggled, "Not in front of my friends, alright?"

"Come on, babe," Phil pleaded, "Just one? I'm not even going to see you until tomorrow."

"Okay," Atlanta gave in, "Just a little one."

Phil inclined into Atlanta's body, and turned the "little" kiss, into a PG-13 make-out fest.

"You are such a good kisser," Phil chuckled, caressing Atlanta's neck slightly.

The two split up and walked their separate ways down the street without Atlanta even waving goodbye to her friends.

"I'll kill him," Archie muttered.

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

"What the hell?" Odie mumbled as he looked at the screen. He was looking at the audio waves of Phil's CD on his computer.

"What is it, Odie?" Herry asked, coming into the room and carrying an enormous sandwich.

"Herry, I told you that you could come over and help me figure this CD. Not clean out my fridge," Odie sighed.

"My bad," Herry burped, "So what were you saying about the music?"

"Look at this," Odie said, pointing at the monitor, "The frequency picks up in the melody, causing the conscious part of the mind to fail and keep your body moving. The waves go higher in the chorus, making your body completely shut down, but staying upright."

"But why would Phil want a big group of teenagers acting like mindless zombies?" Herry asked through a mouthful of sandwich.

"I don't know," Odie admitted, "But we have to tell the others. Atlanta might be in trouble!"

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

Atlanta stood on the large stage, her arms crossed. Surprisingly, she thought that two hours before the party of the year she'd be busy taking a shower after her afternoon run, not helping her boyfriend set up his sound station. And he wasn't even helping!

She thought back to what Jay said that afternoon, about Neil and Trent being lost.

"Do you think they're okay?" Atlanta asked Phil.

"Who?" Phil asked, scratching a record softly and placing his headphones over his ears.

"Trent and Neil."

"Trent and Neil?" Phil though out loud, "Remind me, who are they again?"

"Excuse me?" Atlanta said angrily, "Who are they? They're two of my friends! Do you even listen to me when I tell you things?"

Phil couldn't here her. The music in his ear phones was pumping too loudly.

"Hey!" Atlanta shouted, walking up to where he stood, "I'm talking to you!"

She reached over and pulled the head phones off, making his hat tumble off. Atlanta gasped at what she saw next.

Phil had two small horns growing right below his hairline.

"Oh no, Atlanta," Phil smiled, "It seems you've discovered my little secret before I had the chance to tell you!"

He walked over to her and outstretched his arms.

"Stay away!" Atlanta gulped, raising her hands in a fighting motion.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, sweetheart," Phil chuckled.

And with one quick motion, he leaped over Atlanta, raised his arm, and smacked her as hard as he could across the head, knocking her unconscious.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

That's all GreenNoseRing has for now. I hope she updates soon. I'm dying to see what happens next!! Well, R&R!! Peace out.
Sign up to rate and review this story