Categories > Original > Horror > The Wolfman Of Conner's Glen

Chapter two

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The People of Conner's Glen are afraid to go outside at night. Thats when the wolfman comes out and people die.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 604 words

0Unrated
Quinn looked at Dr Matthes in shock, "there hasn't been a wolf sighted in Conner's Glen for a hundred years." He said as the doctor replaced the sheet over the corpse. Dr Matthes took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "I know that Quinn," he said as they walked back into the hallway. "But something with fangs tore into that woman, fangs like a wolf." He pulled out a baggie, "we found this in one of her wounds." Quinn looked inside the baggie, than looked at Dr Matthes. "What is this? He asked, Dr Matthes looked around,"It's a animal hair." He said in a low voice, "I'm going to have it analyzed to find out what kind of animal." He took the baggie back and walked Quinn outside where Mark was waiting. "Good luck Sheriff," the doctor said, "I have a feeling you're going to need it." Than he walked back inside.

Quinn and Mark walked through the woods, crunching over dead leaves. They came to the marked off crime scene and Quinn stepped over the barricades. He knelt beside the bloody leaves and waved the flies that had gathered away. "What are you looking for?" Mark asked as he came to stand beside Quinn. "I'm not sure," Quinn said, "but when I find it, I'll let you know." He walked away from the blood, toward the direction Mrs Feilding had run.Suddenly he stopped and gestured Mark over, "look at this," he said pointing at the ground. Mark squinted and said, "I don't see anything." Quinn leaned over and pointed to a indent in the ground, "thats a animal print," he leaned closer. "Dr Matthe was right," Quinn said, "thats a wolf print." He looked up at Mark, "I think we have ourselves a rogue wolf."

Quinn rushed into the courthouse where the Mayor's office was located.He practically ran up to the third floor and stopped in front of the Mayor's secretary's desk. "I have to see Mayor Jones," he said breathlessly. The secretary looked up and said in a cold tone,"I'm sorry do you have a appointment?" Quinn leaned over and said "look lady this is a matter of life and death, are you going to let me see him or not?" The secretary pressed her lips together and said,"I'm sorry but he's very busy today," than she stood up as if to guard the door.Quinn pushed passed her and stormed into the Mayor's office, causing him to look up in surprise. His secretary came in after Quinn and said "I'm very sorry sir, do you want me to call security?" The mayor shook his head, "it's OK Julia, Sheriff Long is a old friend." After Julia left, Mayor Jones looked at Quinn."What can I do for you Quinn, he asked. "Mayor we have a big problem," Quinn began, "I think we may have a rogue wolf out killing people." The mayor looked at him in disbelief, "Sheriff there are no wolves in this area." Quinn began to pace, "it doesn't matter Mayor," he said. "I looked at the tracks and thats what they were. Tracks from a wolf." The mayor frowned,"I see, but what do you want me to do about it?" Quinn leaned close to the mayor, "what you have to do is call a curfew. Make sure that people are in their houses at night." The mayor shook his head, "I can't do that, it'll cause a panic." Quinn slammed his hand down on the desk. "Damn it," he yelled,"two people are dead! Do you want to make it more?"
Sign up to rate and review this story