Categories > Original > Horror > The Wolfman Of Conner's Glen

Chapter Three

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The People of Conner's Glen are afraid to go outside at night. Thats when the wolf man comes out and people die.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 765 words

0Unrated
Mayor Jones jumped out of his chair and said to Quinn, "you get out of here right now, or I'll call security on you." He leaned closer to Quinn, "don't make me put you on leave, Quinn because I will do it faster than you can spit. There is no wolf and I don't want to hear you spreading a panic." He opened the door and said pointedly, "good day Sheriff." Quinn stormed out of the court house and drove to his home. He ran inside yelling for his wife, "what in the world is wrong Quinn?" His wife asked as she came down the stair, "I just put the baby down, don't wake her up." Quinn grabbed his wife's shoulders, "listen to me carefully Lydia," he said as he held her to him. "I want you to take Hannah and Shaun to your mother's for a long visit." Lydia pushed away from Quinn and looked at him with concern,"whats wrong Quinn?" He began to pace the floor, "I believe that theres a rogue wolf out there doing those killings." He stopped and faced Lydia, "and I would feel a lot better if I knew you and the kids were out of harms way." Lydia paled and sat down on the bottom step,"Oh my God Quinn, this is dangerous." She jumped up and grabbed hold of Quinn's arm, "come with me please, let Mark handle this." She hugged him sobbing, if anything ever happened to you, I don't know what I would do." Quinn stroked Lydia's hair, "I have to stay here and take care of this." He said, "you know I do," Lydia looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Yes I know, she whispered,"but promise me you'll be very careful." Quinn hugged her again, "I promise I will be."

That night after he drove Lydia and the kids to the train station and saw them off, Quinn went back to the spot where the killing happened. He walked around the woods near the spot, than noticing the light was beginning to get dim he started back to his patrol car. He turned around when he thought heard a growl behind him, unclipping his flashlight from his belt and aiming it toward the woods. He peered around but didn't see anything, suddenly something burst out of the underbrush knocking Quinn over. He fought it, struggling for his gun. He could feel the hot breath of the creature in his face, as it tried to bite him in the throat. Quinn managed to get a hold of his gun and he shot the creature. Howling in pain, the creature ran away back into the woods. Quinn scrambled to his feet and ran to his patrol car. He flung open the door, and dove inside, shutting and locking the door. Quickly as he could he put the keys in the ignition, threw the car into drive, and tore down the road going at least 50 miles over the speed limit. He looked at himself in the rear view mirror, his blue eyes looked wide in terror. "What the fuck was that?" He thought to himself, whatever it was it was no rogue wolf, it was much bigger and meaner.

Quinn stopped in the parking lot of the police station, he jumped out of the car and ran inside. Maria the secretary lept up as he banged the door open. "What in the world is wrong sheriff?" She gasped, Quinn ignored her question and asked "where is Deputy Colsin?" Maria looked at him strangely, "he's at his desk of course," she said, "are you sure you're OK?" Quinn started over to where Mark was sitting without even answering her.

Mark looked up as Quinn approached his desk, than got to his feet, when he saw how pale Quinn was. "What happened?" Mark asked, as Quinn plopped down into a chair. "I went back to the site of the killing," Quinn began slowly, "I realized how late it was getting and started back to the car." He looked at Mark, "I was attacked Mark, by something a lot bigger and meaner than a wolf." Mark stared at him in amazement, "what was it?" Quinn shook his head, "I wish I knew, all I know is that it knocked me down like I weighed nothing and went for my throat. The only thing that managed to save me was that I was able to shoot it." Mark shook his head in disbelief, "what are we going to do?" Quinn sighed and said "I wish I knew."
Sign up to rate and review this story