Categories > Movies > Sky High > I Am Not My Parents

Ch. 03: Obscure Heroes

by Creature_of_Night 0 reviews

Lillith goes to history class and meets Will and Warren.

Category: Sky High - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 985 words

0Unrated
The sucky part was that I got lost on my way to class so I got there after the bell and most of the seats had been taken.


"And who are you my dear?" The teacher, someone way too young to be using the words 'my' and 'dear' in the same breath.


"Lillith MacLeod. I was put in this class by my guidance counselor."


"Ah, yes, I see your name on the list. You can take a seat next to Mr. Peace right here."


I looked at where she pointed and saw a guy who looked vaguely familiar and really hot.


"OK." I said, shrugging my shoulders. I walked over and sat at the desk next to 'Mr.Peace', which was by the window. But guess where he was sitting? And remember our little chat about kids who got pegged as 'bad' and troublemakers.


"I'm Warren." He said, extending his hand when the teacher's attention had been directed elsewhere.


"Lillith." I said, shaking his hand.


"Lillith, Warren, is there anything you two would like to share with the class?"


Both Warren and I jumped.


"Uh, no, Miss Owens." Warren said.


"Good. Now, as I was saying, the first semester we will focus on doing heroes. The second semester we will be doing villains. Considering it is the first day of school and everything, we'll be starting off easy. Someone give me a hero."


I raised my hand.


"Yes, Lillith?"


"Tigris."


"Very good, very obscure, but very good."


"Who's Tigris?" Warren asks in an undertone to no one in particular.


"Hero who got killed in a freak accident, like, 10 years ago." I said.


"That is correct, though there are differing theories about the night Tigris died."


"Like?" This kid with brown hair asked.


"Well, Will, what Miss MacLeod said is one theory as to how he died. Another was that he was killed by a villain duo named BlackFire and Cloud Steel."


I snorted. On the night Tigris had died, my parents had been with me and we'd gone to McDonald's and then a movie. I remember that night because the next day they were arrested.


"Something wrong Miss MacLeod?"


"Nope, just got dust up my nose." I said.


"Alright. Can someone name another one?"


"His parents." Warren says, pointing to Will.


"Good. The Commander and Jetstream. Responsible for filling up approximately half the cells on New Alcatraz."


Including my parents and their friends. I thought.


And we spent the rest of class coming up with a list of heroes and we got homework. It was to write a short essay on what it meant to be a hero. I obviously wouldn't know.


Drawing was relatively easy as the teacher gave the class a free drawing period to draw whatever the hell we felt like.


After that was over I headed up to English. I took a seat near the back and was doodling in the margins of my notebook when Will walked in.


"Hey, you're the freshman in my history class right? It's Lillith isn't it?" He said as he sat down next to me.


"Yeah, that's me." I said.


"So, what was the snort about in history about? Because I know you didn't have dust up your nose."


"Let's just say, what Miss Owens thinks happened the night Tigris died, isn't what happened." I said.


"Hey, those are good doodles."


"Thanks." I said.


"Are you taking drawing?"


"Just had it last period."


"Listen, I can't draw to save my life and I have a drawing project I have to do for my social studies class, do you think you could help me out?" Will asks as everyone else starts to file in.


"Maybe. Let me see the assignment." Will pulled an already slightly crumpled piece of paper out of his backpack and handed it to me. OK, the assignment was to draw an event that had happened in recent history that involved a hero. Easy.


"I could draw this in one period. If we take notes, can I just copy yours later?" I asked as I got my drawing notebook out of my bag.


"Sure." Will says.


I started sketching the rough outline of the drawing and then made the lines darker once I had gotten everything right. What was I drawing you may ask? I was drawing the capture of my parents by the Commander and Jetstream. Of course I was drawing it the way my mind pictured it, but it was the only one I could think of.


"Nice." Will said when I handed him the picture as the bell rang. "Oh and here's the notes we took." He said, handing me his notebook.


"Thanks." I said, sticking the notebook into my bag.


"So, how are you getting home?" Will asked.


"Bus. I haven't made any friends who can fly and give me a ride yet."


"And what am I?" Will asks, pointing to himself and pretending to act offended.


"How big of a load can you carry? I mean, you are super strong, but even super strong people have limits." I said.


"Well, I'm bringing my girlfriend and her sister home, I can definitely bring you home too."


"Thanks Will." I said. And I meant it. I did not want to go on that bus any more than I had to.


We both walked out of the school and spotted a bunch of people at the bottom of the stairs, amongst them Warren, who was sitting cross-legged on the low wall trying to read a book.


"Hey Layla." Will says, kissing a pale redhead (who seemed to have a fetish for every shade of green they ever invented), on the lips. "Uh, Layla this is Lillith, Lillith this is my girlfriend Layla and her younger sister Micha."


"Hi, are you a freshman?" Layla asked.

And feel free to review and/or rate, and don't feel shy about reviewing if you do.
Sign up to rate and review this story