Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Kill All Your Friends

Teenagers brought 'em together

by natzlovesyou 3 reviews

gerard and alice seem to smooth things over

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 1138 words

0Unrated
Chapter 20
He glared at her. It was just goddamn perfect. Everywhere he went there she was. He was jumping up and down when he found out the festival had been cancelled due to the raining, that meaning he didn't have to see her again until touring time. But there she was, in the middle of the crown looking desperately around for a drink of some sort. She was accompanied by her band and some other girl. The show started and Gerard tried to push him away of his thoughts with not so much luck.
Her eyes bored into them from time to time and it killed him that he couldn't know what she was thinking. They mostly played old songs and just a couple of the new ones. He cracked a smile when he saw her dancing to the rhythm of his voice with her friend. She seemed to be having a good time, she didn't seem to mind that much that it was he who was singing for her. Shit. He wasn't singing / for her/, he was singing for the audience.
Yes, the audience.
Not that gorgeous girl, her straight black and red hair a bit wet from sweat, her clothes slightly sticking closer to her body from the moisture.
"This is one of our new songs, pretty emotional to slow down a bit..." The girls where using a small plastic bag of water, wetting her band mates to the bone. They were all giggling. As Gerard started singing 'Cancer' the lead singer of her band, B something, sat her on his shoulders and they walked nearer to the stage.
"Turn away...
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded call my Aunt Marie
"
She locked eyes with him as he sang passionately
"Help to gather all my things
And bury me in all my favourite colors,
My sisters and my brothers
Still
I will not kiss you
"
He stared deeply into her eyes and she smiled, remembering the morning's sequence of events
'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
Now turn away
'cause I'm awful just to see
'cause all my hairs abandoned all my body
Oh my agony...
"
She smiled in advance of the line that was coming. When she had heard that song for the first time her eyes had watered as he sang those sorrowful words. She was crying again.
"Know that I will never marry
Baby I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting off the days to go
It just ain't living and I just hope you know
That if you say goodbye today (goodbye today)
I'd ask you to be true (and I'd ask you to be true)
'cause the hardest part of this
Is leaving you
'cause the hardest part of this
Is leaving you...
"
He sighed and slipped the microphone onto its base. The crown cheered and she whipped the tears from her eyes. What's his name helped her down from his shoulders and hugged her. She smiled sweetly and kissed his cheek, giving him another hug and realising him to walk to where her friend was standing. The rest of the guys unplugged they're instruments and walked off stage. Gerard whipped his own tears rapidly before anyone ever noticed. She looked his way as he did so.
"That was...wow" Mikey said, elbowing his big brother.
"Yeah, man! I was just shocked at how you sang 'Cancer..." Ray agreed, patting his shoulder slightly.
"Even surprised me you had such an emotional side, "Frank commented, "Perhaps it has to do with certain someone"
Gerard glared at him and was about to start quarrelling when Frank waved at someone. Gerard turned his head immediately and caught Alice waving back. Frank had an idea and he jumped back into stage. The crowd applauded boisterously.
"How many of you guys like 'Last Word Uttered'?" Frank wanted to know. The crown yelled showing how they loved them. More than several kids where wearing LWU shirts. Alice raised her eyebrows at him.
"You see, I love them too. Specially the bass player, Alice. How about you jump on stage, Alice? I've always wanted to do this..." He grinned as the crowd gave Alive enough space to butt in. She was looking quite overwhelmed in the good sort of way as she expertly jumped on stage.
"What the hell, Frank?" She snapped in confusion.
"Do you know 'Teenagers'?" Frank asked, mic between them.
"Yeah..."
"LWU, do you know 'Teenagers'?" The rest of the guys didn't look to pleased and before Frank had even started asking they had taken refuge under the bar without anyone else notcing.
"Shit, they're not here...I swear to God"
Alice shifted her feet awkwardly.
"Well, then. GUYS GET YOUR ASSES HERE! WE'RE PLAYING 'TEENAGERS'!" The rest of the guys scrambled on stage once more and the crowd laughed in emotion. Gerard hesitated.
"Come Gerard, you and Alice will make a great couple" Frank said as Gerard stepped in the stage and handed him a second mic.
"They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies and the books to make a citizen out of you
"
Gerard sang, moving on the stage
"Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you son" Alice tagged along, pointing at Frank, "So they can watch all the things you do"
"Because the drugs never work-" Gerard continued and Alice cut him off looking at him apprehensively
"They're gonna give you a smirk"
So that's what we're playing, huh? Gerard thought to himself
"'Cause they've got methods of keeping you clean
They're gonna rip up your heads-
"
He sang, tousling his hair and locking his eyes with hers, walking towards her slowly.
"Your aspiration to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine
"
They sang the chorus together singing to each other in a quite physical way,
"They say all
Teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone-
"
Alice stopped and Gerard continued
" But not me"
"The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
" Gerard sung, lowering his eyes remembering all the names he had called /her/.
"Yer never gonna fit in much kid" They sang in unison towards the crowd, pointing at them.
"But if you're troubled and hurt" Alice said in a sorrowful tone.
"What you've got under your shirt" Gerard continued her urging her with his eyes to continue. She smiled as she realized what he meant,
"Will make them pay for the things that they did"
They continued the chorus in a much light mood, their voices making leaps and bounds and mashing perfectly. It was far from imperfect.
Sign up to rate and review this story