Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Golden Bands and Broken Hearts

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Wedding vows are finally exchanged.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 2038 words

0Unrated
The day had finally come, after almost six years together Patrick and I were finally tying the proverbial knot and becoming husband and wife. I sighed happily and looked at my reflection in the mirror.
I cocked my head at the girl looking back. For some reason I felt like it was me for a change. I smiled and did a little twirl before turning to look at both Sabrina's and Kaela's approval. Yes, after only a month of dating Pete had Kaela over to one of our movie nights. And as it turned out, me, Kaela and Sabrina had a lot in common.
They nodded and looked down at their own dresses; matching and perfect for a simple wedding of only a select few. A few band members and family friends.
I hadn't seen Patrick for almost a day and a half, as was the tradition. I bit my lip as I looked at that Christmas picture of us. Same people, same smiles, just younger; stupider; and completely naïve.
"Only one more hour." I smiled to myself as they quickly put a blanket over me as there was a knock at the door.
"Enter if you have business." Sabrina said holding up an umbrella in case it was Patrick; to which she would beat him out of the room.
I heard someone walk in and sigh; it was Pete. I could tell by the way he shuffled in kinda self consciously.
"Alex, take off the sheet." He sighed tiredly as I carefully pulled off the blanket and noticed that it messed up my already messy ponytail. "Nice going guys, it took me forever to get her hair right."
I rolled my eyes as he pushed me back into a chair and pulled out a salon style hairbrush. He gently pulled out the hair tie and started carefully brushing away the tangles.
"You know, this is kind of awkward having Pete Wentz brush my unruly hair."
"You're hair is not unruly, just stubborn." He laughed pulling my hair back into a ponytail and started curling the ends.
I smirked and let him finish curling the ends before pushing me away from the chair and looking at my bands. He tisked and pulled out a random straightened, quickly running it over my bands and making them do that weird flippy thing. I made a face at him and saw the other two giggle.
"Only you would stress about the bangs being crooked." I smiled as he stood back to look at his final project.
"Bangs are everything, baby." He smirked.
"Hey!" Kaela said a little dejectedly.
"Sorry, you're my only baby." He said planting a simple kiss on her cheek.
"That's better." She said with a smile gripping his hand.
"Is it better?" I asked getting up and walking over to the mirror.
"Picture perfect." He smirked turning and going to the door. "Oh and if someone knocks on the door just ask who it is."
"Sure thing." Sabrina saluted as the door shut behind him. "Oh my god I can't believe you're about to get married!"
"I know." I bit my lip nervously and looked at the reception gown; the burgundy knee-length tear cut dress. "I just can't believe I known them this long."
"Better believe it." Kaela nodded and jumped when a knocked sounded yet again at the door.
I got up and hid behind the mirror. Sabrina opened the door and sighed when Andy smiled at them.
"Girls, they want you out there." He looked past their forms to me peeking out from behind the mirror. "I need to give Alex her pep talk."
They nodded and grabbed their bouquets and left for the service. Once they left Andy waved me over and pulled me into a tight hug. I had a feeling he was crying because I could feel a wet tingling sensation on the side of my neck.
"I'm so proud of you." He whispered pulling back and looking deep into my eyes. "Some days I wish I had a girl as beautiful as you to love."
I gave him a smile and hugged him again. This time I knew he was crying, he sniffled and wiped his eyes once we broke from our second hug.
"Andy, there's a girl out there with your name all over her." I wiped away a missed tear by his neatly trimmed beard. "You just haven't found her yet."
He nodded and picked up my bouquet then started playing with the roses that stuck up slightly. Looking at him I felt the pain he was feeling watching a girl he loved and cared for get handed off for a wedding. Looking at him I realized I didn't have anyone to hand me off; my father had died when I was younger and I didn't have any male relatives that were special enough to hand me off.
"Andy?" I bit my lip and looked into his eyes when he looked up. "Do you want to hand me off?"
A shy smile plastered all over his face as he stuttered.
"I- I'd love to." He smiled and checked his watch before looking up at me and giving me a serious face. "If he ever does anything to hurt you, I'm always here to wipe away the tears."
I pulled in a deep breath and nodded; fearing that he would do something to hurt me. We hugged one more time before we got the triple knock on the door, signaling it was time for us to get out there.
Stepping into the foyer of the church I saw Patrick's brother, Daniel's young daughter; who was our flower girl twirl around and laugh as her dress flared out. I smiled and bit my lip, glancing at Andy every once in a while for moral support.
Several other people glanced at me and smiled. I weakly nodded; feeling very lightheaded with the nervousness and the heat of the church. I fanned myself lightly as the last group of the wedding party entered the chapel. The wedding music stopped and the preacher glanced around to make sure.
"All rise for the bride to be." He said shakily gripping his Bible worn from use tight to his chest.
I swallowed hard as the music started back up and everyone in the chapel stood and turned to the doors. I glanced at Andy once before taking the first step into the oddly cool room. All of my aunts and uncles, cousins and friends on one side and all of Patrick's family members on the other side. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his mother and father looking at me approvingly. She smiled at me and nodded. My mom wiped away the tears in her eyes and smiled widely; her baby was finally getting married.
I swallowed more of the nerves and kept walking, I stared forward at Patrick. He looked nervous, but it was wiped away when he saw me. Even in his fedora and suit I could tell he felt out of his usually attire. I gripped my bouquet so tight I was sure I was going to snap the stems of the roses.
When we reached the end of the aisle, Andy who was securely holding my arm carefully led me up to the alter and nodded at Patrick.
"You may be seated." The old as dirt preacher said slowly opening his Bible and licking his fingertips to easily turn the pages. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to bind these two lovers together by holy matrimony, .if any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace..."
"Who gives this women in marriage to this man?"
"Her family and friends here today do." Andy stuttered nervously. I smiled and nodded a thank you at him.
Cliché as I sounds, it was true you got lost just looking in each other's eyes, cause that's exactly what happened. Patrick reached up and held my one free hand as the preacher spoke. He mouthed several 'I love you's, to which I could only blush and look down.
Then came the cliché highlighted part of the service; the 'I do's', 'I will's and all that fun stuff.
"Do you, Patrick, take Alex to be your wife - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"
"I will." Patrick nodded glancing at me lovingly.
"Do you, Alex, take Patrick to be your husband - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"
"I will." I said looking into his eyes and smiling.
Now came the rings.
"May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go - may they always return to one another. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May these rings on their fingers symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts."
I swallowed hard as Joe searched through his suit pockets, hands shaking. I bit my lip and watched for anyone to shake their heads impatiently. Finally he pulled out two gleaming gold bands and handed them to Patrick.
"Patrick, in placing this ring on Alex's finger, repeat after me: Alex, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."
"Alex, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed." He bit his lip as he slid on the ring; his hands clammy and warm.
I smiled and knew my part was coming up. Joe handed me Patrick's ring and smiled.
"Alex, in placing this ring on Patrick finger, repeat after me: Patrick, you are now consecrate to me as my husband from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."
I repeated it and pulled in a deep breath as I tried to slide the ring on his finger. Sadly my finger slipped and I watched in horror as the ring went flying across the room and into the lap of his mother. She gasped and looked down at the tiny ring sitting in her lap. I winced and watched as Joe dutifully stepped forward and took the ring from her hands shaking with embarrassment.
He handed it back to me and I sighed as the minister rolled his eyes disappointedly. But everything got back on track and we continued.
"You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other's best friend."
We both smiled at each other and he squeezed my fingers tightly.
"And so, by the power vested in me by the State of Pennsylvania and Almighty God, I now pronounce you man and wife - and may your days be good and long upon the earth."
We both smiled wider knowing what was coming next, it almost felt like everyone in the room was leaning forward to see the first lip lock we were going to have as a married couple. I licked my lip inconspicuously and looked at him happily.
"You may now kiss the bride."
Sign up to rate and review this story