Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Happy Cake Day

Chapter 5

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 5

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 346 words

0Unrated
Mikey was lying on his back, propped up on his elbows, and still wondering what had just happened. Then he remembered how close his brother had to be by now and hurriedly stood to shut the door, leaning back against it with a sigh. Why had they decided to put themselves through something like this?
"Hey, Mikey," said Gerard with a small smile. Mikey was a little afraid he would try to force his way into the bus this time, but instead his older brother sat on the ground next to where he stood. He let his right elbow rest atop his right knee while keeping his left leg flat on the ground, motioning for Mikey to sit by him. His younger brother was hesitant at first, but eventually complied. An awkward silence grew between them.
"You seem like you're feeling better," Mikey said finally, unable to meet his brother's eyes. Instead he stared up at the quickly darkening sky. All signs of the sun would be gone in only a few more minutes. Next to him, Gerard nodded.
"I thought of something." He began explaining everything, from how he felt like he was turning 50 instead of 30 to his thoughts about their next album and how epic it would have to be to top The Black Parade. He didn't even realize tears were running down his face until Mikey gave him a one-armed hug and told him to stop crying.
"You probably think I'm stupid," Gerard mumbled, sniffling sadly.
"Of course not, you idiot," Mikey said with a smirk. Even his older brother had to smile at that. "What you're saying makes sense. Right now, though, don't think about our next album, or anything like that. Today's your birthday, so start acting like it." Gerard smiled.
"I still don't want a cake." Mikey watched as stars began to appear above them.
"Sure, G, you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better." They sat there and stared up at the sky, completely oblivious to what was occurring inside the bus at that very moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story