Categories > Original > Fantasy > Mind Era

Time

by Noizchild 0 reviews

4th track.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 679 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four: Time:

The spring day seemed grim. Clouds masked the pretty blue sky above. I stood in the Elementary playground of the campus. My eyes were brown watery ink. My head was floating badly in pain. I was sinking into deeper levels of coma-like trances.

I heard clocks ticking in my head this time. They were actually soft. But my head still ached. I shut my watery dazed eyes to get some relief. All black greeted me.

Then, the clocks went off violently in my head. I winced in pain as they rang. The ringing clocks grew louder and louder. Then, the sounds faded away gradually. My pain slowly lessened. At last, there was nothing. I was standing in a cold empty. I was in the eye of the storm. But, this was an illusion.

When I opened my misty eyes, I saw black and blue waves floating around me. I didn't even feel the ground anymore. I don't even think I was on Earth anymore. No. I don't believe I was on Earth. In fact, I didn't even know where I was. I seemed to be in some sort of parallel universe with no real concept of time what so ever.

Speaking of time, I heard a strong ticking in the distance. I slowly looked up and saw a grandfather clock standing before me. This was no ordinary clock. This was a skyscraper! I felt like an ant to this mechanic monster. It stood like a god to the heavens. All I could do was stand there and stare at the mechanical god in wonder.

Then the clock slowly sank down into the waves. My eyes followed its every move until the mechanical god was out of plain view. What was that thing?

Then, I felt a cold blast of wind hit my slender body like a slender body like a football kicked powerfully to my stomach. I held my blue kimono closer around me in vain. The cold got worse rapidly. I fought hard against the growing wind.

But then, the wind and cold just died at random. I looked around confused. The waves were parting to either side of me. The sun, (or rather what appeared to be the sun,) slowly rose in the distance. The gentle glow hit my small body playfully. I started to feel better again.

But when I looked out again, something disturbing caught my eye. It was a rip in bright backdrop. At first, I thought I was really out it! But when I looked closer, I realized it was an actual tear in the morning back curtain.

Suddenly, my ankles felt wet. I looked down nervously. A cold wet mist was lingering at my ankles. I wanted to scream but couldn't. My voice was gone again. All I could do was stare at the clinging mist at my small ankles. But strangely, my ankles were numb in seconds. I was worried they would fall right off. (Impossible, I know. But, anything could happen here...)

Then, I felt a something cold on my back. It felt like a voodoo spell was being put on me. I became stiff as a board. Such a force was so strong that I could barely breathe. I felt dizzy all over again. My body was like a puppet on invisible strings.

One of these "strings" jerked my head up violently. The tear in the backdrop had gotten bigger. I silently panicked as the tear grew bigger and bigger to the "ground." When the backdrop was torn into two, a violent gust of wind burst into the "world" and attacked everything in its path. I felt like frozen popsicle in the powerful wind. It was like being sucked into a hungry black hole. The worst part was I was still trapped. I still couldn't move. I began to see my fate right away. I was going to be crushed into small bloody pieces and blown away into oblivion.
But then when the backdrop was blown away, there was nothing. An icy black nothing.

Next Chapter
Sign up to rate and review this story