Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Holiday Season... But Not Everyone's in the Holiday Spirit

Chapter 36

by Nic 2 reviews

here's more, please review. (lots of drama coming up)

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 1621 words

0Unrated
Sophie's POV

I walked back over to my house where I seen a light on in the kitchen where my mom obviously was. I knew hearing her out was the best thing to do but it didn't mean that it was what I wanted. I took a deep breath before walking into the kitchen through the back door. My mom turned to me from her seat at the kitchen table. I could tell she'd been crying she was also smoking and had a glass of whisky in her hand, not a good sign. It had been years since I'd seen her like this and quite frankly hoped that I'd never have to see her like this again.

"Just so where clear I'm only here to hear what you have to say for you self because Robin persuaded me to not because I want to be." I said coldly then sitting down at the table opposite her.

"It means a lot to me that your hear you know that right?" she said through her tears.

"Jut get it over with tell me what it is this time? Do you need money again?" I sighed.

"No it's nothing like that. Honey I should have told you this along time ago and I feel so guilty for not coming clean about it back then. I know I've not been the best mother in the world and not always been there for you and supportive of you when you needed it and believe me when I say this but I have tried I really have."

"Maybe you just didn't try hard enough then." I said coldly.

"It's been hard for me to even look at you with out feeling guilty all your life so believe me when I say I tired because I've tried really hard over the years and it's not once got better."

"What are you talking about?" I said confused.

"Ok well for starters you probably guessed I don't have a job." She stared I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Your probably wondering where I've been when I've said I'm working."

"Is this going anywhere?" I sighed.

"Yes it is just give me a chance ok. Well all this time I've been going to see...your father." She finally said then looked at me for a reaction. One that she didn't get. I just sat there staring at her emotionlessly. 'How could she do this? How could she bring up my dead father in all of this?'

"Bullshit my dad died when I was nine." I blurted out.

"No, your biological father." She said quietly not daring to look me in the eye.

"W...what are you trying to say?" I said not knowing whether to be mad or upset, quite frankly I was a mixture of both.

"I'm saying the man you thought was your father, the man who died when you where
Nine wasn't your actual father." She said.

"B...but he...he...you and...he." I stuttered none of this was making any sense and why was she bringing it all up now.

"I guess I have a lot of explaining to do?" she said still not looking me in the eye.

"Yes I think you do have a hell of a lot of explaining to do." I said getting more and more angry and upset.

"Ok well I was married to the man you thought was your father..."

"The only father I've ever had." I said tearfully.
"The only father you've ever known." She corrected. "Anyway the man you thought was your father always wanted children, I myself wasn't that bothered about having kids."

"How could I guess?" I muttered. She paused for a second but then pretended she didn't hear me.

"Anyway we'd been trying for kids for a while and I'd never got pregnant. We'd been going through a rough patch in out marriage and this wasn't helping. One night when I was out with some girlfriends I bumped into an old flame from high school called Steve. We never broke up just lost contact when we left school and went to college. Anyway that night was the first time I'd seen him since we left school. He bought me a couple of drinks and we spent the night together..."

"Together? Together as in having sex?" I said the anger rising in my voice.

"Yes."

"I can't believe you I don't believe you cheated on my father!" I said.

"He wasn't your father!" she argued back.

"And how would you know?" I shot back.

"Because that night wasn't the last I saw of Steve."

"You mean you cheated on my father more than once!" I shouted getting even more angry standing up.

"Will you just hear me out ok!" she shouted back. Also standing up; she stared me out for a second then we both sat back down again.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Ok well as I told you me and the man you've thought to be your father was going through a bad patch in our marriage. We where barely talking all we ever did was argued. Don't get me wrong I always did and always will love him but..."

"But just not enough for you not to cheat on him." I said smartly.

"No it's not like that, I felt lonely and well Steve was just there. He was kind and understanding. We slept together for the three months up till I found out I was
Pregnant. with you."

"So what you're telling me is you don't know who's my father, he man I've always known to be my father or this Steve guy." I said angrily.

"No I know who your father is its Steve no doubt about it as me and who you thought was your father hadn't slept together in the four months before I found out I was pregnant."

"I don't get it?" I said now confused.

"Ok well the plan was for me to leave your 'father' for Steve but once Steve found out I was pregnant with you his child he left me and didn't want anything else to do with me. I didn't know what to do I was in such a mess. I confessed everything to your 'father' and yes he was angry and hurt beyond belief but we came to an agreement that he would take me back if I kept to child as mine and his."

"What?" I said not believing what she was telling me.

"It's true it's all true, he loved the idea of being a father more than he loved me. There was nothing he wouldn't do to become a father and as we had been trying for so long and him not getting me pregnant he saw this as more of a gift than a curse."

"So he was willing to lie to everyone, himself and me just because he wanted to be a dad." I said quietly all what she was saying just sinking in.

"Yes he made me stay with him and have you pretending that you we're ours and that we where just one big happy family." She said now crying.

"I don't believe this my whole life I've been lied to my whole life has just been one big lie and a cover up!" I said getting angry again.

"I'm sorry I really an I never meant any of this to hurt you." she said crying.

"Well maybe you should have thought of that before you when cheating on my father."

"He's not your father your real father lives twenty minutes away." she burst out.

"What! My real father lives in the same state and you never bothered to tell me."

"He didn't want anything to do with you or me once he found out I was having you but your 'father' did. What was I supposed to do?" She asked rhetorically.

"Um I don't know maybe tell me the truth!"

"I couldn't too much was on the line, you had a good life you where brought up well you never went with out."

"That's not the point. You lied to me, my own mother and father well he's not even my father lied to me all my life and now your telling me this. If everything's been so great for me up till now then why tell me all of this now!"

"Because I've been back in touch with Steve he got back in touch with me just before you came home for Christmas. Said that he was really sorry about what happened in the past and that he would like to make a real go of things. Get back together with me and finally meat his long lost daughter." She said.

"Your fucking mental don't tell me actually took him up on his offer."

"I have and we're engaged to get married. I love him and he loves me. He wants to meet you and hopefully become the father he ever was to you."

"You expect me to be happy about al of this he's not my father I only have one father and he's dead. That Steve didn't want me then and I sure as hell don't want or need him now."

"Come on we're getting married whether you like it or not and he will be your father and you will like it." She demanded.

"I'm not a child any more and you must be fucking nuts taking him back after he left you when he got you up the duff. You can't make me do anything. And believe me when I say I'm not going to met this guy and you can't make me." I said then stormed out of the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story