Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just know that I will remember you

chapter three

by MyChemPrincess77 0 reviews

this one is very long...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Other - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 1379 words

0Unrated
Do you remember that day when we met
you told me this gets harder.
Well it did, I'd been holding on forever.
Promise me that when I'm gone you'll kill my enemies



"Gerard, please tell me!"I pleaded.
"I told you I dont remember," He defended.
I sighed, defeated again, and stared quietly into the fire.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, and Gerard and I were sitting in the woods. He had been absent today again. I was trying to find out why. But he was being really stubborn about it, and it was starting to get me aggravated.

I had that weird feeling that I was being watched; I looked up and Gerard was staring at my eyes closely.
"Do you have green eyes or blue?" he asked.
He reminded me of what my dad asked me once when I was 12. We were sitting in the waiting room of the doctor¡¦s, and he was filling out forms. The place was incredibly busy that day, and also very quiet, with the exception of little kids talking time to time. But my sister, 16 at the time, she is now in college, and I were sitting there playing Diner Dash on you phones. We had our iPods on and everything, the little kids staring at us in envy. That's when my dad, who was also on his phone, turned to me and asked, "How old are you?" I just glared in return. My glares are scary, according to Sabrina. "Twelve." Acacia answered for me. Every parent in the room was looking at us in disgust. That's when I learned to get used to the dirty looks.
"There¡¦re green," I said firmly, trying to hold my anger back.
"Oh, Ok I was just wondering."

It was an awkward silence again; I thought it was the perfect opportunity to ask about the prom this time.
"So, I got my dress yesterday. Its black and red, so I was wondering what color tie you were going to wear," I wanted to see if he remembered my promise.
He stood up, clearly fed up with my constant talking. "I donn't know, you pick." He told me, barley clear enough to hear.
Mumbling he then said, "I have got to go somewhere now, I probably will stop by later," And walked off, leaving me alone.
I sat there for a couple more minutes, sitting still, staring at the leaves, taking in the colors of them, all of the millions of shades of green. After my neck got cramped, I took out my phone and IMed Mikey.


Entering Chat Room 5:09
Helena77: hey mikey. Do u no what is going on wit gerard
MikeyW: no, he has been out until late at night, though
Helena77: ?? What about school
MikeyW: He wont tell me. he just walks away all like, 'Im firkin fine!!' like, there is something going on with him
Helena77: well, ok thx
MikeyW: np
Helena77: so what are you going to wear for the formal?
MikeyW: oh i forgot about that. I will have Alicia pick out sumthin
Helena77: i just bought a dress
MikeyW: ok, cool. i got to get back to homework now, so bye
Helena77: bye


I sighed, closing my phone shut. Alicia is Mikey¡¦s girlfriend. She's on the cheerleading team like Sabrina, but she enjoys it. Mikey is always reading or doing homework, being shy even when they are playing music. Gerard's parents always wanted him to be like Mikey, but Gerard doesn't want to be like that. Shy and quiet are not his traits.
I poured water over the fire, each drop slowly killing the flame. Smoke started to rise, spreading out into the air. I started to walk away, twigs snapping under my shoes.

"Honestly, I don't know why they bother with all these commercials when all we want to see is the weather!" My dad complained.
"Just come and sit down, there will be time for weather later. It's all the same anyway," my mom convinced.
We were eating sitting around the dinning room, eating dinner. Well, my mom was anyway. My dad was standing up, watching all the commercials that he called "pointless" so many times. I took a sip of my Sprite; the only thing I would drink lately.
I was sitting with my knees hugged to my chest, holding my phone. I couldn't concentrate on eating; the thought of it made me sick. I was focusing on pressing random buttons, making my mom get tense.
"Both of you eat," she warned. My dad and I stayed still. She walked up, turned off the TV, and grabbed the phone out of my hand.
"Hey!!" we yelled in union.
Now mad, I shoved my plate away forcefully.
"Oh, your mad now because you can't live without your phone for five seconds?" my mom asked.
In response, I glared at her. If only she knew. Just wait until they find out about the bill for the dress.
I got the sick feeling just looking at the food in front of me. It was green bean casserole. Just the smell of it made me want to gag. I pushed it away, the trail of steam following it slowly curling in the air. I didn¡¦t realize I was pouting until my mom said, "You're going to pout now?"
Sick of her constantly annoying me, I stood up and stomped out. The stairs vibrated as I stomped, my arms folded in front of me.

My parents just sat there, clearly used to this. My sister used to stomp off during dinner usually every night, because she was sick of them trying convincing her she had an eating disorder. She didn¡¦t; I watched her eat cookie dough flavored PopTarts and Coca-Cola just about every day before she went to college. But my parents were never home to see it; they weren¡¦t ever home at all sometimes.
I slammed my door, as if it was a force blocking me and them. I walked over to my computer desk, grabbing my iPod nano. I put the earplugs in my ears, turning it up all the way, and set it on shuffle mode. I sat in my closet, the darkness swirling around me. I glanced at the dress, hanging right in my face. I shoved it away in disgust of the guilt, and lied down on the floor. It was only 7:30; too early to sleep yet. I pressed play, and I recognized the song immediately.
I think of running away,
Can¡¦t keep taking the blame.
I wanna run with you.
I don't care what we do,
Gotta get out of this place,
because it feels like yesterday.


It was Yesterday, by the band Gerard and Mikey are in. The sound of Gerard¡¦s voice, so soft and gentle, made me want to cry.
I remembered when he came up with it; it was a nice day in October last year. I visited his house, and like always, he was working in the basement. I went down the stairs, and there was paper everywhere.
¡§Whoa, what happened in here?¡¨ I had asked carefully making my way over to his desk.
¡§I am working on lyrics, since the guys ¡¥can¡¦t, because they are too busy¡¦,¡¨ he told me, sounding stressed. That¡¦s when I picked up a piece of paper off the floor and read what is said.

There we go.
Can't be wrong
because it feels like yesterday
I can't be wrong.
I'm re-living yesterday.


Holding the paper, I brought it back to him. ¡§This sounds pretty good,¡¨ I suggested. Gerard leaned over, peering at the scribbled lyrics. ¡§Eh,¡¨ he replied, taking it out of my hand but shoving it aside with no consideration.
Now sitting here on the floor of my closet, listening to what Gerard wrote made me proud, because in a way I helped to. His voice was so clear it was like he was speaking directly to me. A tear rolled down my face, my hair soaked it right up. I turned up the volume, blocking the sound of my parents arguing. I wished Gerard was with me right now, standing there like he was the whole time when we really thought he was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story