Categories > TV > Power Rangers > They Call Him Emperor

Stories

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

After the coup, it's story time, and Grumm explains how he came to be the head of S.P.D. Earth's daycare.

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror, Humor, Sci-fi - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 748 words

0Unrated
The world slowly began to return; he could detect light beyond his eyelids, and someone was speaking.

"So that's when I arrived at the enemy headquarters. I knew that the rebellion was depending on me. I knew what I had to do. So I kicked down the door and drew my sword. 'MIRLOC!' I cried. 'I've come for you!'"

A collection of tiny, high-pitched "oohs" answered him.

"He sent his minions at me; there were five of them. The first came flying at me, and he was easy to dispatch with a quick swing of my sword. The next two were more difficult, but after a few moments I managed to stab each one through the heart. After that the final two minions had lost their resolve, and so I let one of them get away with an arm intact. The other one fought to the death though, I had to behead him. Then it was Mirloc and me."

The children were chattering. Icthior opened his eyes. He was laid out on a couple mats, and the children were gathered on a rug across the room. Grumm sat in a rocking chair, a baby in each arm-one clad in green and the other in a yellow blanket. Icthior wondered where the other three went...

"'So you're the one they call Emperor Grumm,' he said, 'Leader of the Troobian rebellion. Pleased to make your acquaintance.' He snarled at me. I would later learn that the people on Earth here called him 'Hannibal,' and it was an apt nickname. But anyway, he put his hands on his chest. 'Welcome... to my NIGHTMARE!' He tore the two plates off his chest, revealing a world of mirrors."

Only the little pale boy, Sky, gasped at this.

"My head began to spin, but suddenly there was a flash and a crack. I found myself standing before Mirloc and a set of broken mirrors. A single bullet fell to the floor. I heard Broodwing-you know Broodwing, children, he is the one who untied Icthior-say, 'Mirloc, how do you look at yourself in the mirror each day?'"

Charlie and Cliff giggled.

"'Broodwing!' I exclaimed.

"'You take care of him,' Broodwing ordered. 'I'll rescue the hostages!' Then a mass of bats flew over us.'"

The kids gasped.

"Mirloc charged at me, drawing a sword, I met him blow for blow. It was a long battle, but then he let his guard down. I reached in and put my sword through his stomach. He cried out and stabbed me. We both fell. I was certain that it was the end... but then I heard footsteps. Two men ran in, one a human, a tall man with pale skin, wearing red. Another, a fish-like man wearing black. That's right. The human was your father, Sky, and the other fellow was your namesake, Icthior."

Icthior raised an eyebrow.

"I could tell you were awake by your breathing. Anyway, the human, Officer Tate, came to me and started to patch up the wound on my stomach. The fish-man, Icthior, went up to Mirloc and raised a morpher to him. He accused him of a long list of crimes, and then activated a button on the morpher... It judged Mirloc guilty and locked him away."

The children cheered.

"As Chris was fixing up my wounds, he said, 'Now that there's nothing to rebel against, you wouldn't happen to need a job, would you? We need a black ops guy something awful.' And that is how I ended up here."

"But Mr. Grumm, how did you end up working in the daycare?" Dru asked.

He laughed, a roaring laugh that startled one of the babies in his arms. "This is black ops, isn't it?" He chuckled. "No, on an emergency mission, a criminal by the name of General Benaag tore open my old battle wound. I was ordered by Dr. Felix not to resume my duties on the field... And Chris had been complaining about his difficulty in finding a safe place for Sky to stay, so I asked to start a daycare right here on base. It sure beats being a space pirate, or a rebel leader, or black ops."

"Weawy?"

"Are you kidding? I get to work with the most evil little monsters in the galaxy! Why, with your help, I might be able to take over the world!" He laughed evilly, and all the children joined in. Icthior could even swear that one of the babies was laughing too.
Sign up to rate and review this story