Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sing for Absolution

Meetings are so Improper

by akissforjersey09 1 review

Our human meets a vampire...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 951 words

0Unrated
I sat in a dark corridor, waiting for him to finish with the other. The cold silence echoed off of the polished mahogany walls, and settled onto the cold stone floor. Did it usually take this long? I had never really had to stay this long, so I wouldn't have known if this was a regular time or not.

My heart sped up when I heard the door open and the girl who went in thirty minutes ago, emerged with a tear-stained face. I didn't know what had happened, but I could only hope that I didn't come out like that. I remained seated and waited until he called on me, praying that he'd forgotten everything about me and our meeting about my mid-term paper.

"Ms. Parker, you may come in now," came the strong, yet slightly feeble voice of my journalism professor.

I stood on shaky legs as I walked toward the office door, my heart pounding so loud that even I was confused by the sudden noise penetrating such a soft and delicate silence. I shook my head and he opened the door and I slid in, trying hard not to look at his dead face.

"Ms. Parker, you are an exceptional writer. Your work is amazing and shows great promise," he started, edging back around his desk and resumed sitting.

"Then why am I here?" I asked, my voice mirroring my tortured psyche, betraying my thoughts before him.

"I want you to consider writing for the newspaper; the college newspaper of course. You seem like you'd be fit to work on it," he said, smiling at the end.

I didn't think he smiled...I didn't think anybody at this university smiled.

"Wow...I don't think I can," I finalized, "I mean, I have work late at night so I can pay for my apartment rent, and I have to do community service hours through out the year. I'm not sure it'd be a wise choice for me to take this up."

He looked at me with penetrable eyes and then sat back in chair, looking resigned before pointing towards the door. "Think about it a little more and let me know what you feel," he said, before dismissing me.

Later on that night, I was at my job at the local night club called Pins and Needles. Yes, the name has offered much trouble in the past, but the club doesn't live up to the name...I promise you.

I sighed when yet the tenth drunk guy at the bar began to hit on me. That's usually when I stop serving them and ignore them.

"Come on, you give me a beer and I show you a good time," said one of the drunk patrons tonight.

"Your kind, but you're offer is shitty," I commented, still trying to keep a nice smile on my face.

Work was probably the shortest part of my night since I was late to that.

My shift finally ended and the club began to close. As I was locking up in the cold New Jersey air, I felt breath against the back of my neck and when I turned around, all I saw was the dark night and only one streetlight that was flickering, almost about to go out.

I shook my head and began my semi-long walk back home. I couldn't believe that the professor actually liked my writing! I had never really had someone like my work like that since my sophomore year.

As my feet padded along the concrete beneath, the silence returned sending more chills through me. I forgot about the darkened road I had to go through. Now more than ever, I really wished I had enough money to get a car or something. I continued on though, through the darkened street, trying hard not to listen to any sounds, moving as quickly as possible without running, I didn't have the right shoes on.

As I reached some lighter area, there was a figure, standing against the light post and he was looking directly at me. It seemed like his eyes were fixed on me. My eyes met his stare and I instantly went cold. I saw the fire in his eyes, blazing and making me drop to the ground. I wasn't exactly sure why, but all I could think about was just trying to stay where I was so he could help me.

"Is there something wrong?" the stranger asked as he walked closer to me, bending down to my level.

"No?" I asked more than said.

"Do you want me to help you?"

I didn't answer because just as I felt the wind whip my face, my eyes closed and I fell to the ground.


She was a lot prettier in person. Her eyes seemed to have a wondering curiosity as she looked at me. I couldn't believe I had to do this to her. But why am I so touchy feely about it now? I've killed humans for my appetite before and had no problem with them before, but now as I stand before this one human girl, I am finding this to be inhumane. Maybe my lack of appetite tonight is overshadowing my morals or something.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, walking just a bit closer to her, bending so I was eye level with her.

"No?"

Was that a question or a statement?

"Do you want me to help you?"

I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't be taking advantage of her weaknesses, but this I had to do. My orders were to bring this girl back alive to Elijah and I would not fail, even if this would be her last.
Sign up to rate and review this story