Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Won't Hurt You II

Comic Surprise

by mcr_lover103 2 reviews

Roxanne goes to school and Gerard contemplates his actions **UPDATED AND CHANGED**

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 675 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5:

The next day, Tuesday, Roxanne trudged through the rain, wanting someone to talk to. She trotted up the stairs and looked for Lenore. Luckily, the hallways weren't too crowded, mostly because classes were starting soon. Roxanne soon spotted her at her locker, which was convieniently located next to Roxanne's. Lenore spotted Roxanne almost instantly and wasn't the least bit surprised by the depressed face Roxanne had. She hadn't seen her that sad in a long time. So when Roxanne made her way over to her, Lenore knew there had to be something wrong.

"What's up with you Roxanne?" Lenore asked.

"I got a copy of 'The Umbrella Academy' in the mail yesterday", Roxanne told her with an annoyed look as she deposited book into her locker and replaced them with the ones she would need.

"Who would do that?" Lenore asked, worried about her friend.

"I don't know! I didn't think anyone would be that mean to do something like that to me. It was a hard time for me and I don't want to be reminded of it"

"I'm so sorry Roxxi, we can talk about this later, but we have global in five minutes", Lenore said as she disappeared from view.

Roxanne got her books and trudged up to her global class. Her teacher wasn't that great so she knew she could stare off into peace without any disturbances. She sat in her cold seat at the back of the freezing room, staring out the window. The rain blew in from the windows, getting a few drops of water on her. Silently cursing the rain, she tried to calm and comfort herself. She didn't want to bother Lenore with her depressed nature again. Lenore was such a great friend, and she didn't deserve a friend like her.

When the class let out early, Lenore faithfully walked down the hall at Roxanne's side. The two both had Physical Education aka gym next period. When they reached the locker room, they began changing into their t-shirts and shorts. Lenore pulled on her shorts and sat down next Roxanne, who already was pulling on her sneakers.

"Hey Roxanne, do you want to talk?" Lenore asked quietly, slipping on her socks.

"Ummm, I don't know anymore. The truth is that I feel like I'm bothering you with my problems," Roxanne admitted, turning to face Lenore on the bench.

Lenore looked at her surprised "How could you think that? We're best friends, and we have to stick together through the bad and the good. Right now we're going through the bad"

"Thanks Lenore. You're the best!" Roxanne replied with a hug to her friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this time Gerard was hanging out with his fellow band members in a hotel room as usual. He only wondered if Roxanne had gotten what he had sent her. Gerard looked over at Mikey, who was reading the comic too. The other guys teased him about it, but they all wanted to read the comic.

"Hey Mikey, do you think...well do you think that she got it?" Gerard asked Mikey, who now looked up from the comic he was engrossed in.

"Probably, I mean New Jersey is pretty close to where she lives", Mikey stated to his brother.

"What do you think I should do?" Gerard now asked.

"Well, did you tell her you were in New York or anything like that?"

"Awww.... fuck! Of course not. Because that would be the SMART thing to do and I didn't think of that"

"Don't beat yourself up. Just call her then or something"

"I don't know", Gerard said hesitantly, "What if she is off living her life comfortably, with a boyfriend, having fun and stuff? I would just be messing her life up more. Maybe even the comic book was a bad idea..... "

He went off to his bedroom to figure this out. Had he just messed up Roxanne's life with a simple few words in a book? Could this ever work out? Or had this break up been for the best?
Sign up to rate and review this story