Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grab my hand and you wont be alone

Band disasters

by Crimsonsorrow 9 reviews

Natalie goesto her friend Myka's band practice and pisses the lead singer off

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 1219 words

1Exciting
A/N: I hope that you like the chatper. I'm going ot be having a contest for anyone who wantso t be in the story. I need girlfriends for Bob and Gerard. Tell me as much as you can about yourselves. Name, b-day, hair color, eye color, tattoo's, piercings, job, kids? Whatever you want put in it jsut tell me.

Chapter three


For the next three months Natalie started her whole life over, she got a job at a local music store called Drowning Records, the people who owned and ran it was a really cool rocker couple who were twenty-five the woman Kyra and twenty-eight the man Markus. She's made some friends, a few guys have been interested in her but so far she hasn't made it seem like she is interested in them like that.

Natalie and this girl that she works with Myka had become really close friends, it kind of reminded Natalie of her time with her two close friends Hope and Katie who she missed a lot more than she thought she would. Thankfully there's myspace and phones, so she talks to them or calls them everyday if she possibly can.

"Hey Natalie I was wondering if you wanted to go to band practice with me?" Myka asked her friend hopefully, she has yet to see Myka when she preforms and she'd like to know if they were any good from someone who wasn't family or in the band.

Natalie shrugged unsure, she would have to see if Donna wanted her home for anything. "I don't know I'd need to call Donna first and see if she doesn't mind or anything like that." she said to her friend.

"Sure you can even use my cell to call her if you want." Myka said to her smiling, she really wanted Natalie to come along and tell them what she thinks.

She laughed at Myka wanting her to so badly to go with her to her band practice, Natalie found it kind of amusing how many times she asks her if she would come along with her to meet everyone else. Around five Natalie and Myka's shift was finally over, as they were walking over to Myka's car Natalie was borrowing her cell phone to call Donna to ask if she wouldn't mind her hanging out with Myka for a bit.

"Hey Donna it's Natalie, I was wondering if you would mind me going and hanging out with my friend Myka and some of her friends?" she asked, jumping around on the heels of her feet impatiently.

Donna was more than happy to agree, she wanted Natalie to get out there and be social. Since she's been living with her she's noticed that Natalie isn't as social as she would like her to be. "Yeah sure, just call me if you aren't going to be home around nine or so, okay?" Donna asked her.

"Yeah no problem, I'll call you later Donna." Natalie told her.

"Alright Natalie, see you in a bit Love you sweetie."

"Love you too Donna." she said and hung up.

Myka looked at her and smiled widely, "Well come on we have to head over to Maverick's house where we have band practice." she said as the two got back into the car and headed to Myka's friend and band mates house.

Fifteen to twenty minutes later they were at the house, "Come on Natalie they'll love you." Myka said to her as she pulled Natalie out of the car, forcing her inside of the house where everyone else was waiting for Myka at.

They headed down to the basement were everyone else was at, there were three guys and one girl who was the image of a bottle blond. "Guys this is my friend Natalie I told you about, Nat this is the band I'm in, we don't ha ve a name as of yet though." Myka said to her shaking her head in dismay Since they don't have a band name. "That's Maverick, Dakota, Kota and Christine." she said introducing them.

Natalie smiled politely, "Nice to meet you all." she said.

Christine rolled her eyes, "Stay out of my way and I wont have to hate you." she said as she walked to the microphone.

Natalie looked at the others as if asking if she is always like that and they nodded, they started out the band practice. Natalie liked the lyric's and the beat and the guitars and everything and the back up vocals the only problem was the lead singer Christine. They all looked at Natalie once they played a few songs, wanting to know what she thought of them.

"So what do you think?" Dakota asked her curiously.

Natalie thought for a moment before answering, "Well the drums rocked, the guitars, bass and back up vocals all were awesome." she said to them and they were smirking at the complement. "One problem though, Christine you sound too pop princess like." she said to her. "If you want to make it you have to change how you sound." she said to her, not really caring if she hated her or whatever.

"What, my singing is very rockerish." Christine said with her nose stuck up in the air.

"Yeah and I'm the Queen of England, your as much rock as Britney Spears is." Natalie said to her shaking her head.

Christine looked at her heatedly, "Well what do you know about music." she said to her pissed off.

"More than you obviously, I bet your band mates would agree." Natalie told her smirking.

Christine turned to her band mates, "You don't believe her do you?" she asked them a bit furious with what Natalie said.

They didn't answer her, she nodded, "I see how it is, if that's what you think you can just find yourself a new lead singer." she said and grabbed her purse and walked out of there.

"I didn't mean for you guys to lose your lead singer or anything." Natalie said to them guiltily.

Maverick waved it off, "It's fine, we've been meaning to do that for a while now, just never really got around to it. Christine's my younger sister, she a big prep and refused to sing in a rock sort of way so she just did her normal pop princess thing." he explained with a sigh.

"What are you going to do about a lead singer?" she asked them curiously.

"Myka will be upgraded, she's a better lead singer anyways." Kota said nudging Myka in the side smiling widely.

They hung out for a while more, the band members other than Myka getting to know Natalie a little bit better. Around eight or so Myka took Natalie back home, both had other things that they need to do. When Natalie got inside of the house everything was turned off, shrugging she made her way into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge door. Natalie smiled when she read over it, Donna made her some fettuccine Alfredo for dinner and put it in the fridge so she could have it when she got home. Donna is one of the sweetest people she has ever known, her saving dinner for Natalie and leaving her a note so that she would know.
Sign up to rate and review this story