Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just know that I will remember you

Chapter six

by MyChemPrincess77 0 reviews

sixth chapter!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way, Other - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 582 words

0Unrated
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Do we deserve to leave the earth?
We are...
So far from you



Walking around at night made me realize how pale I actually am. It's like the lights in buildings are just fake; disguising colors from their true shade. I had walked home in the light rain, only getting a few strands of hair wet and my shoes had a slight trace of mud on the bottom.

My fear returned when I walked up to my house. All the porch lights were on, and I could see my mom pacing around. I guessed my dad was sleeping; still safe without a thought of the world around him.
I skipped the steps on the porch, at an attempt to show up faster. I was too late; my mom already had the door open, standing in front of it with her arms folded. She looked mad.
I felt the tears bubble up inside me again. Just thinking about being yelled at made me sensitive. They were already falling down and soaking my face when I reached my mom. Her expression turned to worry.
"What happened?" she whispered quietly
"Gerard... he's missing..." I stammered.
My mom, being a therapist for teens, understood this position right away.
"Oh, honey, come here and sit down," she said, closing the door.
Inside seemed safe, like it had so many years ago. My sister and I used to play around when we were so young and innocent, not aware of how dangerous and daring the world and be. I looked around, seeing small candles that were placed on dishes to prevent house fires. They were the only thing that moved, the fire gently flicking, swaying side to side. It filled the house with a calming scent, the one that I missed so much.
She led me to the couch, and I plopped on it. It didn't even seem like rules existed anymore, because usually she would be mad at me for jumping on the couch. But this time she just held me close, as I spilled out everything. From him being absent a lot, the prom, how he is always on his phone, and his strange behavior. It was an hour of me speaking through my own tears, with my mom rubbing my back, trying to relax me.
"Mom I don't know what to do. Gerard has been gone for almost a day now and no one has seen him!"
She said in the most calming voice, "When the time comes, you will know what to do."
With her words ringing in my head, I fell asleep, feeling reassured for once.

I woke up with a throbbing headache, laying flat on the couch. I looked around, noticing it was strange how the room was bright and sunny. I looked at the clock on the VCR. 11:47.
"Holy Crap!" I yelled, jumping up. My head felt even dizzier, my eyes were heavy. I didn't want to go to school. I saw a note on the table that had my mom's scribbled cursive on it. It read:

Honey, you can stay home today, I think you need to rest.
Trust me, everything will turn out fine.
Love,
Mom.


I plopped down on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly Frank's words echoed in my head. "Are you going to see us play on Wednesday?"
I stood up, feeling confident. I started running up the stairs. "I know what I am going to do."
Sign up to rate and review this story