Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Show Me What You Got

Tell me a little about yourself....

by SongbirdFlyAway 5 reviews

a few weeks into the new job...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1141 words

1Exciting
I played with my fingers while I waited.
I must admit, I was pretty nervous for that bus to pull up. I wanted to prove myself and I was afraid that I already came off too strong, too much of a bitch. I wanted to do well, not just spite Pete. I loved my music and my clothing designs... and to work with them and make a living doing so is a blessing for me.

I sat on my porch, on top of my roller luggage and the bus rounded the corner. I looked at my watch 'Right on time.' I smiled and waved at the tinted windows of the bus, not even knowing if anyone was looking out or not.

Pete hopped out of the bus. "Hey lady... can I take your bags?" I smiled as he picked my bag up and carried it into the bus.

"Thanks Pete." I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Let's get this party started!"

"Hi guys!! Good to see you all again!" I waved and smiled at the guys sitting on the bus, none of them exactly jumping up at the opportunity to give me any kind of warm welcome. This was gonna be tough.

Andy stood up and walked over to me with open arms. "Hey Rachel! It's good to see you again too." Joe followed and gave me a hug and a smile.

Patrick, who was over in the corner fiddling on his MacBook, only looked up and curved his mouth into a short, slight smile before looking back down again.

Pete turned to me "We set you up in the bunk next to Patrick, right back there on the left. I'll set your bag under it, that's where we keep them."

I smiled at him "Thanks Pete." I took a seat at the table, across from where Patrick was sitting and next to Andy.

"So are you excited?" Andy nudged me and smiled.

I smiled and looked down at the table. "I dont know... I have a crazy mixture of excited and nervous going on in my head. I don't really know what to expect, and I have a lot of catching up to do on your songs and who's popular right now... I just need to catch up."

Patrick rolled his eyes, and even under his trucker hat I could tell.
I cocked my head and looked at him. "Excuse me. I'm sorry that I don't know anything about what's popular now a days, I've been busy lounging around on an exotic beach for the passed 5 years."

Patrick kept looking down at his computer. I continued. "Listen - I'm sorry if I outted your best friend and partner as a fraud, just know that I'm here to help and I'm here because I fucking love my music. So stop being so goddamn selfish because you and your buddy aren't the little team you used to be and maybe think about what I've been through."

Again, he didn't look up. Didn't even flinch. He just stared at his computer. After a few seconds he closed his laptop and left the table. Not saying one word.

I slumped back in the chair. "Ugh this is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I don't want you guys to think that I'm here to break up the band..."

"Nah don't worry about it.. no one thinks you're here to break up the band. Patrick is just more passionate about his music than anyone else I've ever met, so this has just been a huge shock for him and it's been a whirlwind of emotions. Once he realizes that nothing much has changed, he'll be alright."

I smiled at Andy and looked back down at my hands, hoping that what he said was true. It was definitely not my intention to barge in and break up the band. I decided right then and there I was gonna work with Pete, and Pete only. As far as the others are concerned, I might not even exist.


**********


After the first few weeks of the tour, I was finally getting the hang of things. I knew everyone associated in the pop punk/indie/mainstream music world and between Pete and I, we had almost another full line of clothing designed.

It was nice. Pete and I were getting along great and he started working on his own lyrics, which were surprisingly just as good as mine, he just needed me to help him along every so often.
I partied with Andy and Joe mostly... and by partyin' I mean standing at the back of the club making fun of drunk people together.
Patrick and I barely spoke. In fact, we never spoke. He rarely spoke to Pete either. He worked with him on some songs, but wasn't too excited to hear any of the new lyrics Pete would throw his way.

After the show, I went back to my bunk and layed there, not being able to sleep. I heard somebody up and about in the kitchen area so I figured I'd get up and get something to snack on as well. Hoping it would be Pete or Andy.

I walked up to fridge and got a glass of milk. I turned the corner to see who was sitting at the table, but I should of guessed by the glow of the laptop who it was.

"Oh hey Patrick... sorry, I uh couldn't sleep." I started to get nervous. I always get nervous when I see Patrick, mainly because I hate feeling like I need to impress people who don't necessarily like me."

He looked up. "Yeah - me neither."

I stood there awkwardly, not knowing whether I should take a seat or take my glass of milk and go back to my bunk.

Patrick looked up again and shut his laptop. He smiled and pushed a package of cookies in my direction "That milk looks pretty lonely."

I smiled at him. "So does that bench." I said as I took a seat on the lonely bench across from him and grabbed an oreo from the pack.

I nooded towards his laptop. "Working on anything new?"

He smiled and shook his head. "Nah, not really...just fooling around with some stuff for another band. What about you? Have you worked on anymore lyrics for the band?"

I looked at him, trying to tell if he was being rude or not.

"No - I don't write lyrics anymore. Pete has been though, and they're very good. You should take a look at them."

Patrick let out a little laugh and smiled. "Well, I don't think you should stop writing lyrics cause your's are obviously very good." I laughed and put my head down out of a short shot of shyness.

"So Patrick, tell me a little bit about yourself..."
Sign up to rate and review this story