Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sing for Absolution

I Only Dream of You

by akissforjersey09 3 reviews

Dreams plague our young girl...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 2020 words

0Unrated
I had to leave...

I had to do something...

I couldn't stay in that room after what I had done. I wasn't supposed to touch her and I did a lot more than touch. I quickly walked to my room, her scent still lingering on my clothes and in my mind. I wished I hadn't even been given the task of bringing her here. I wished that it were a different person.

Once I closed the door, my back roughly hit against it and I slid to the floor. She reminded me a lot of a past that was long forgotten, a part of me that I believed to be dead. I really hadn't thought about that since it happened. Elijah told me that she was weak and that she didn't belong here, while my heart told me something completely different.

This girl's hair and eyes and scent reminded me of something so sweet and innocent that I was caught off guard at how much she reminded me. I couldn't understand why. Why now of all times did I have to be reminded of my lost past? Why this one human?

"Frank, Elijah wishes to see you," came a small call from the other side of the door.

It was the newest edition to the clan. Bob. He was a feeble young vampire, impulsive at times, but showed much potential.

I stood up and opened the door, walking swiftly past him and back down the main corridor to Elijah's room.


I sat up, confused and dazed. Did I do something?

I didn't wan to think about it, but it seemed like I was forced to do so anyways. I couldn't forget the images that played like a movie in my head. The girl confessing that she was through with something, the young boy that looked slightly like the guy I had just kissed, then she left him a rose, leaving him in pieces. There was something definitely weird going on, not to mention there seemed to be a pretty big flesh wound on my neck.

Two days passed and I still hadn't seen him, and no one had come through that door. I tried to escape through it twice yesterday, but found it to be locked. Three times a day a blond-haired guy would bring me food and then leave instantly after he saw that I wouldn't eat it. Something was going on here and I wanted to know.

As night pressed on, and the sun was completely set, it seemed like the hallways grew extremely busy, like nobody in this whole building had anything to do during the day. I sighed trying to think. Where was I? Why was I here?

Suddenly, grasping me from my thoughts, I heard the door open and the same guy from the times before wandered into the room. "I was told to come get you. You're dining in the main hall with the rest of us," the blond guy said. I slowly moved off the bed and followed him out of the room.

The whole hallway was like a stone fortress. It was cold and dimly lit with candles just like my room. Doors adorned the hallway on every side, all closed. We met a few people on the way, all of them looking at me curiously with their darkened eyes and their lips curved upward in unwelcoming smiles.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked as I began to feel a bit anxious as to where this guy was taking me.

"The dining hall," the blond repeated, indecisive.

I sighed as we continued walking until the dark hallway led us to a brightly lit and ordinate dining hall. It looked like something out of a vampire movie...like something out of the 17th century. The walls were painted in a crimson and gold, with beautiful golden designs complimenting the deep crimson. Just behind the table was a slightly larger than life fireplace, grandly framed and made with white marble. The floor was pure marble and glossier than I would have imagined since all I had seen was stone covered corridors. The candles brightly lit up the room, making it as if electric lights had been put in. The chandelier above shone over the long table, almost every seat taken except the one where I suppose I would be sitting. It was the closest to the head of the table, where a slightly thin man sat, with black hair, razor sharp cheekbones, pale skin, long and boney fingers, and full lips that covered his teeth. He seemed like something out of a book, or something that seemed to be unreal. I'd never seen a human being so...elegant in my life.

Actually...everybody at this table didn't seem to have an earthly beauty. Isn't it against probability that so many people would come out so elegant?

"Thank you Bob, you are dismissed," said the man waving his large, but boney hand, Bob immediately leaving my side.

I stood, watching every person at the table as their eyes began to set on me. Their eyes seemed to burn and scorch me. I had never felt so uncomfortable and self-conscious in my life. My breathing hitched when I noticed, across from the empty seat, there sat the man from two nights ago, the man that ignored me after what had taken place.

"You may sit Killian," the man at the end of the table said, waving his hand at the seat next to him.

I took a moment to assess the situation and I cautiously moved to the seat.

"No need to be afraid. We don't bite," he said, smirking, gaining a quiet laugh from the rest of the table.

"I have a few questions for you," he said, beginning to pour a red liquid into his cup.

"Not until mine are answered," I answered sharply, surprising not only him and the rest of the table, but also myself.

"Why am I inclined to answer your questions before I ask my own?"

"Because you've kept me in a room for the past two days against my own will, not telling me anything of why I am here."

"You make a good argument. So you want me to answer the question of why you of all people are here?"

I nodded as I felt myself calm immensely. Something was coming over me.

"You are here because there is a world beyond the human world; a world that most of your kind will never know and never see. There are forces that are planning the demise of our kind, and you are our only hope to keep a balance between us and them," the man said.

I was confused and he could tell.

"We are vampires, and even though we are the strongest group in numbers, we have a problem with certain groups trying to kill us off," said a man, not the man that had just spoke though.

I turned to see a man with black hair, and hazel eyes, his face slightly round, but defined.

Wait...vampires?

Ha! Likely story.

"Vampires? Yeah, vampires don't exist dude."

"They don't?" He sounded curious as to why I would say it. He didn't sound condescending, just a little interested.

"Yeah. I used to believe in them, but after some thought, nothing is beyond death and no one can beat it. Vampires are a perfect accordance of the theory that there is some way of cheating death, and there just isn't any way," I said.

"You're educated I assume," he said.

I nodded, not sure what he meant about that.

The next few events happened way too fast. One moment, I was sitting normally, staring at the black-haired guy and the next moment, I'm tipped over in my chair on the floor, looking into the face of an angry person with...what are those? Fangs?

Humans don't have fangs...they don't.

Right...?

Then it dawned on me as two others crowded around me laughing, their canines just as prominent and sharp as the one on me: These really did have to be vampires.

What was that red liquid the guy at the head of the table poured into his cup?

"Come on Shadows, there's no reason we can't show just a little more civility toward our guest. She deserves that much," said the man at the head of the table, a teasing tone ringing in his voice.

When I straightened back up and my chair was upright, I looked around the table and confirmed my worst nightmare: they really were all vampires.

My hand shot to my neck and I ran out of the room, their patronizing laughs following me, and a set of footsteps close behind.

"Killian," the man called out.

The man from two nights before.

I rolled my eyes and stopped, turning around.

"Listen, I'm sorry for them okay. They get really rowdy when they're around humans...this actually has never been done before," he said.

"And you...all that shit about wanting to help me! You didn't want to help me, you wanted to DRAIN ME!" I yelled in utter outrage.

I let him kiss me too...If I could, I'd get a refund...

"I didn't want to drain you. I only followed the orders that were given to me. My intent was not to hurt you. None of their intentions are to hurt you."

"Oh whatever! They want to use me so that they can save their 'kind'. Once I've served my purpose they'll drain me!"

I couldn't control my shaking, my cheeks were flushed and my eyes were a little watery. This was quite an argument.

My voice to shake as I continued.

"Why me? I'm the most uninteresting person you could've found! Why did you choose me? ANSWER ME!"

"I didn't choose you. None of them chose you, only fate."

"Bullshit, like you couldn't smell me a mile away. That's what you guys do right? You guys smell out your victims?"

"We do, but you're not one of them," he said. I could hear the aggravation in his voice, slowly building. But it didn't matter...I wanted him to get angry, that way he knew what it felt like.

"And how can you promise that they won't just get a little blood crazed and drain me?"

"No one would want your blood after you save our kind."

"Bullshit-"

"GO TO BED KILLIAN! If you're not going to believe us, there's no reason in explaining ANYTHING to you!"

"Believe what? That you're vampires? I believe that!"

"No, that we don't kill random people!" He began to back me into the wall, and his eyes blazed.

"We all have lived longer than any relative of yours could tell you. We've seen a lot more than anyone still living of your kind. You're kind are a dime a dozen and come with almost no price, so we don't owe you anything. When you feel like you're ready to understand us without referring to those stupid Hollywood, human-made movies, then I'll explain everything you want to know."

He stormed off in silence, leaving me there, breathless and upset.

I finally found my room and collapsed on the bed, going into a deep sleep and this signified the first night of many that I would dream of him.

"Killian, this isn't...we can't," he said, his voice steady, but his eyes longing.

"I-I don't understand."

"This isn't fair. We have to stop. If any of this gets out, there will be far worse things to worry about than being drained."

My eyes fell to the ground. "But this isn't fair. Why can't I be with you?"

"You're human. We as vampires have rules to follow and we already broke one by bringing you down here."

"What do I have to do to be with you? I'll become a vampire," I finalized.

Just as I said that last word, the door flew open and the one of them came in and dragged me away, the sorrow written all over his face. He lost someone for the second time.
Sign up to rate and review this story