Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

They can't save me now..

by favoritexloser 2 reviews

Fast forward!!! Fast forward to 8 years in the future.. Ciara drops out of college after only two years to become a sound operator for punk rock tours, including the warped tour..and as for Mikey.....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1253 words

0Unrated
Ciara now lives in Trenton, New Jersey, with her best friend, Stephanie, but works as a sound operator for that year's Warped Tour. Mikey's fucking famous.. Setting's in New Jersey..This is post-Black Parade, which means, Three Cheers is their current album that's out(in the story)..

"Ciara, we need microphones 1 and 2 running, the whole time." the stage manager informed.
"Sure, I'll get into that, George." I replied. It was only two days until the Warped Tour's show in New Jersey would start. I got this shift and the next 14 shifts in the other states. Performing as sound operator was fucking hard, but the joy of hanging out with various bands was amazing. Today, a band called My Chemical Romance was going to do sound check. Honestly, I've never heard of them, but as long as they make good enough music for this tour, they're worth meeting. As I was setting up the microphones, a guy with medium-length dark, black hair came up to me.
"Um, are you Ciara, the sound operator?" he asked.
"Yeah." I said, without looking up.
"Oh okay, well, they said that I should check up on you to see if you're ready for us to do sound check." He replied.
"Sure, are you guys ready?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I'll call my band." he said, running backstage to get his band. Within minutes, he came back with two guys holding guitars, and a dear friend of mine, Bob. Bob was a sound operator, until he decided to join a band, so I took his job. We're still really good friends, although, he never told me the band he joined.
"Ciara?" he asked.
"Bob! Holy cow! I missed you! So, this is the band you've joined?" I ran up to him to give him a hug.
"Yeah. My Chemical Romance. It's so great to see you again. Before, you were just one of the quiet stage crew, now, you're the boss!" He replied. I chuckled. He got behind the drums that were already set up, and I went to the lead singer. Going through a clipboard, I checked his name. /Gerard Way/. Then it hit me. I recognized that name. Especially his last name. /Way/. Of course, he was the brother of a former boyfriend of mine. How could I ever forget. So, here I was, after so many months of dating his younger brother, and never meeting him, at all, I saw him face-to-face.
"You guys ready?" I asked Gerard.
"Yeah...Um.." he started to look around, then he asked one of the guitarist, "Frank, where the fuck is Mikey?"
Frank, also looking around replied, "I think I saw him backstage with Alicia." I had to stop breathing. Mikey was in this band. After 7 years of never seeing each other(Mikey and I called each other during my first year in college, but then we suddenly lost connection), I was able to see him again.
"His little girlfriend always keeps him away." the other guitarist(who's name I found out later was Ray)said. My heart got heavier. /Girlfriend/?? Mikey Way has a girlfriend? I couldn't believe my ears. I wanted to go blind, before I see a girl around the arms of Mikey. I think I never let go of him, that's why I always rejected other guys' flirting. It's because I wanted to keep our promise we both made in Trenton 8 years ago. I was that obsessed. Of course, I never meant to leave him. But how could he? Just forget all the memories? I was his very first kiss, and the thought of Mikey's new girlfriend drowned me.
"Well, you guys better call him, we don't have all day." I impatiently spoke up. Frank put down his guitar and started running backstage calling for Mikey. I turned around before I saw a girl with Mikey. Nervously biting my nails, I waited for the two to come onstage.
"Okay, he's here." Frank finally said beneath his gasping breathe. I turned around so dramatically, (like those kinds you see on soap operas, where the daughter turns around to see her real father, or something like that) and saw Mikey. The only difference, was his hair. It was a little longer, with some bangs over his eyes and ears, and the color. If you looked at him beneath the sun, it shone a brownish-blonde color, but under a shade, it was dark brown. He still wore glasses, but, of course, he got new frames. He stopped on his tracks, once he saw me looking at him.
"C-Ciara?" he stuttered. I didn't know what to do or say. Could I smile at him? Was his 'girlfriend' watching? Certainly, I couldn't start a conversation, I already got mad at Gerard because Mikey was late. I walked on, without replying. It was like I was giving him the cold shoulder. I guess I was mad. I got excited to hear that he was near, but my happiness landed below ground zero once I heard 'girlfriend'. As I stood in the sides, I could hear Gerard arguing with his brother, "Fuck, Mikey. Ciara got mad at us earlier because of your idiocy. What the fuck were you doing?"
"He was in the parking lot with Alicia." Frank spoke up.
"We were just talking to some people we met outside." Mikey explained.
"Well, you're not here to chat with people." Gerard scold him. I smiled, it was like Gerard was his father. Within minutes, they started playing. I didn't recgonize the song, and didn't take the time to focus on it, because I was watching Mikey. He was good. I sighed. I left Mikey for stupid college that I won't even finish. I just needed to slap myself. If only I could turn back time.
"Wow, he's good. Ain't he?" a girl came up next to me and started talking.
"Who?" I asked.
"The bassist." she replied. Cautiously thinking of what to say to not make a fool of myself like, 'Yeah, he's super good. And cute,' and later hearing from the girl like, 'Oh, he's my boyfriend,' I simply said,"He's okay."
"Yeah, he's my fiancee." she said. I choked. It was what I expected, but worse. Isn't that nice? I get happy that I get to see him, then I hear he has a girlfriend, and later hear he's engaged ?? Oh heaven, help me.
"So, where's your ring?" I asked, calmly.
"Oh, we don't have one, yet." she replied. I took a look of this 'Alicia'. She had dark, straight hair, she pounds on ton of dark eye make-up, and she has a short body, but not so much. She looked like an outgoing goth girl, in my opinion.
"Where'd he propose?" I asked. I was so damn curious.
"Backstage, in one of their shows in New York." she answered. Okay, so I guess I was done asking questions. My heart can't break anymore.
"Will you excuse me?" My eyes were watery. I had to rush to the nearest restroom before she saw me cry. I wouldn't want her to get a hint that I'm jealous(I'm not. I'm just heart broken that Mikey forgot about me). Upon reaching the ladies' room, I pulled out my cellphone, and timidly dialed my bestfriend, Stephanie's number.I needed help.
"Hello?" she answered her phone.
"Steph, I've got really bad news."
"What?"
"Mikey, remember him? He's engaged."
"Oh, Jesus Christ. What did you just say?"
"Mikey. Engaged."
"Ciara..."
I then suddenly burst into tears.
Sign up to rate and review this story