Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

Only Time..

by favoritexloser 4 reviews

Ack!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-19 - Updated: 2007-04-19 - 1290 words

1Exciting
"Ciara..oh..Don't cry!" Stephanie said.
"How can I? Steph, I'm fucking heart broken..I never should have let him go..I'm so stupid!" I replied.
"But the question is, does Mikey love you ?" Stephanie asked. I paused. No, of course not. He's in love with another girl. I started crying harder, and accidentally hung up on Stephanie. Suddenly, the restroom door opened. It was Alicia.
"Hey, are you okay?" she asked.
"Yeah..I'm fine. M-my..um..my dog died." I lied.
"Oh. Okay. Sorry to hear that. Uhm..The guys outside are looking for you." she said.
"Sure, I'll just wipe my eyes." I went up to the restroom mirror. Luckily, they weren't so red and puffy.
"I didn't really catch your name." Alicia said.
"Oh, I'm Ciara." I answered.
"Cool. I'm Alicia." Of course, I already knew that. The two of us left the restroom together. She followed me with her hand on my back, like she just comforted me.
"Hey, what happened?" A friend of mine, who worked in the sound equipments, asked.
"My dog just died." I said. He gave me a puzzled look.
"Dude, he was not just a dog. He was part of my family for years.." I said.
"No way. Did Leonardo die?" Mikey suddenly appeared. I guess they were done with sound check, because his band was off the stage. And yes, Mikey knew a Leonardo. He was my dog since the seventh grade, but no, he didn't die.
"Uh..yeah.." I slowly answered.
"Damn..I loved that dog." Mikey said.
"You knew she had a dog?" Alicia asked.
"Um..yeah..we were classmates during junior high and high school." Mikey nervously answered Alicia's question. It shook me that Mikey did not want to reveal about our so-called 'little' flair in high school, but I didn't want to be mean and show off to Alicia that I was Mikey's 'first kiss'. Anyway, who cares? Certainly, I know Mikey doesn't.
"Really? You guys were classmates? Shit, that's so fucking cool!" Alicia exclaimed. Mikey and I didn't look at each other, we just kept our eyes on the floor.
"Hey, Cici, another band's going to show up in a couple of minutes for sound check..So get ready for that." The stage manager came up to me.
"I'm heading there, George." I replied. I left Alicia and Mikey. This was so far the worst day of my life.


-----------------------------------------------------------------


The sky was exceptionally gloomy and cold, as I was walking home from work that day. As the clouds started to shadow over me, I thought of the whole city of Trenton. Trenton was the first place I kissed a boy, and the first place my heart broke. I thought of the place Mikey and I kept our promise from 8 years ago. And I thought of the hotel we were in. I could have never forget the wonderful friends who brought both of us together. Without them, I would have never fell in love with Mikey, but at the same time, I would have never got my heart broken so tragically. As I reached the two story townhouse that both Stephanie's parents and my parents helped purchase, Stephanie quickly ran outside.
"Oh, God, Ciara. I am sooo sorry for hurting your feelings. I didn't know you were so hurt. You have every right to be mad at me for questioning if Mikey still loves you or not." Stephanie said.
"Stephanie, it's okay..I'm fine. I just feel a little hurt, but don't worry it isn't your fault." I assured her.
"But you know, Cici, that I'm always here." Stephanie replied.
"Yes, yes. Okay, I get the point. Now get inside. It's freezing and you're not wearing a coat. You'll get a cold." I said. We both entered our home, that we were lucky to have. Sometimes stepping in here just relieves me so much. Until, someone unusual comes along. And yes, someone knocked on our door, and it was Stephanie who answered it.
"Uhm..Oh my God.." she said, as she opened it.
"Steph..what's going.." I stopped in my words. Guess who it was? Mikey Way.
"What're you doing here?" Stephanie asked.
"Um..Could I talk to Ciara, for awhile?" Mikey asked.
"Sorry, but she's resting." Stephanie said, in a rather mean way.
"She's right there!" Mikey said, pointing at me.
"Don't you have a fiancee to go home to?" Stephanie questioned. I just watched them argue.
"Ciara, please? Give me like 5 minutes to talk to you." Mikey begged.
"Oh..okay.." I finally gave in. Mikey and I talked outside. As Stephanie was closing the door, she showed her tongue to him. Talking in freezing Trenton weather, we could both see our breath in the air when we spoke.
"Hey." He said.
"How'd you find where I live?" I asked. Mikey looked down.
"Oh..I see..you stalker.." I chuckled.
"Well..not exactly. I asked one of the guitar techs where you stay. Your place seems pretty. How much was it?" Mikey asked.
"Somewhere between $70,000 - $100,000..Wait a second..Don't change the subject.Why are you here?" I questioned.
"Just to see how you're doing..That's it..Anything wrong with that?" He simply answered.
"Yes. Don't you have a fiancee to go home to?" I repeated Stephanie's question.
"Come on, Ciara. I'm just here, talking to you. There's really nothing wrong. Alicia talks to so many guys, and so why can't I talk to you? Don't treat me like a criminal. I'm your friend, remember?"
"Nope. Not at all."
"Ciara, what did I do?"
"This'll sound really fucking stupid, but remember 8 years ago? Remember. 8 years ago. In this exact city. It was only 8 years ago. Don't you remember? If you remembered that I have a dog whose name is Leonardo, then I swear you'll remember what happened here." I was mad. I guess all the blood was rushing to my head. Mikey was quiet. Without warning, tears slowly trickled down my face.
"Mikey, you have to go." I uttered, trying to lock my tears.
"Ciara..I didn't know..." Mikey replied.
"Of course you didn't know! You practically forgot! How could you?! I never forgot about you! How could you?" I was already sobbing.
"Ciara.." Mikey tried to hug me.
"No! Get away! If you don't love me anymore, then might as well try my fucking hardest to forget you! You are such a.." I couldn't continue. My heart was racing faster.
"What if I told you that I still love you?" Mikey asked.
"It still wouldn't feel any different. Now I suggest you leave to your fiancee..You love her.." I was wiping my tears that were constantly falling down.
"That's not true! How would you know that I love her as much as I love you?!" Mikey exclaimed.
"If you loved me as much, you'd come looking for me.. instead of proposing to some girl backstage! That's how much you could have loved me. Now leave!!" I told him. I ran inside and slammed my front door.
"Ciara!" Stephanie came running to me and hugged me.
"Oh..Steph..This is awful.." I cried.
"Shh..It's okay..Shh..It'll be okay.." Stephanie tried to calm me down.
"No..It'll never be okay..I feel stupid..Why did I leave him?" I kept on crying.
"No..Honey, calm down. Don't worry. You'll show that Mikey that he's the stupid one in this situation..Don't worry." she assured. I kept on crying on her shoulder. I loved Stephanie. She was there, and she never even cared if you got your tears, or snot on her shirt. Now, that's what you call a bestfriend.
But if only I could turn back time..I would just for Mikey and I.
Sign up to rate and review this story