Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Holiday Season... But Not Everyone's in the Holiday Spirit

chapter 39

by Nic 4 reviews

thanks for the reviews keep them coming here's the next chapter. Will Sophie come back???

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1724 words

0Unrated
It was now just over a week since Sophie had left, she hadn't called and I had kept my promise that I wouldn't call her. Life had turned a little more back to normal we where all still worried and concerned about Sophie but we still had stuff we had to do. She was still on my mind constantly from the first thing I think of in a morning and the last thing I think of at night. It was so hard trying not to give in a call her. Lisa had been laying low since Sophie had left I think she had been staying at Steve's because there never seemed to be anyone home every time I seen the house.

It was a Sunday and mom and Sarah where cooking Sunday lunch, Josh was on the phone doing some business deal much to mom irritation, I was sat on the sofa flipping through the channels and Joel was sat across the room on his laptop. The door bell rang and like usual me, Joel, Josh and Sarah acted like we never even heard it.

"Benjamin go get that." mom called.

"Why me? Joel's not doing anything either!" I called back.

"I asked you to go get it now get up and get the door." She scolded. I sighed then got up and went to answer the door.


When I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes there stood Sophie, looking very rough and drained but still she was back. A grin spread across my face and I flung my arms around her puling her into a huge hug lifting her up and spinning her round.

"I missed you so much, how are you?" I mumbled into the side of her neck.

"Better." Was all she managed to get out. I pulled away slightly but still keeping her wrapped in my arms. Tears where falling down her face.

"I love you." I whispered looking into her eyes.

"I love you too." she smiled weakly and we kissed.

"Benjamin who's at the door lunch is nearly ready?" Mom called. I laced my fingers with her and walked her into the house. Every else had the same shocked ecstatic reaction that I had.

"Look who I found." I said smiling.

"Sophie darling how are you?" mom said running over pulling her into a hug.

"I've been better." She sighed a weak smile.

"Come on your just in time for Sunday lunch." Mom said motioning for us to go to the dinner table.

"Oh no I really..." Sophie started to protest.

"Don't be silly come on have lunch with us you look like you need some good food in you." mom smiled that motherly charm that she always has.


Sophie's POV

All through dinner I was quiet and avoided eye contact with everyone. I didn't want to talk abut all what had happened and thankfully I think they understood that. They all made polite small talk avoiding the subject of my mother and all what had happened. After lunch Robin and Sarah started to clear the table.

"Here let me help you." I said standing and starting to help clear the table.

"No its ok you don't have to." Robin smiled.

"I want to."

"You're a guest."

"I don't mind." I insisted.

"Benji take Sophie to the living room." Robin smiled.

"Come on Soph you heard her." he smiled getting up and getting hold of my hand. I sighed defeated and followed him into the living room. I think it was a plan for them
to get me and Benji alone to talk as none of then joined us. We sat on the sofa not really watching what ever was on TV.

"I went to talk to her you know." I said breaking the silence. He looked at me a little confused and shocked at first. "She wasn't home." I continued.

"I...I'm sure she just nipped out to the shop or something." He stuttered.

"I know she's not been there since I left Benji." I said seeing straight through him.

"You and I both know where she is." I said looking at him seriously. He just nodded I could tell he had so much he had to say but didn't know whether to say it or not or exactly how to say it.

"Benj we need to talk don't we." I said.

"N...not if you don't want to." he stuttered.

"Benji stop treading on egg shells, I don't mind talking about it now. That's why I've come back I've had my time to think and get my head around things." He nodded again. "Wanna go for a walk?" I suggested.

"Yeah come on." He said standing up calling to his mom to tell her where we where going.

We walked in silence for a while before we got to the park. There were only a few children playing on the climbing frame. We went and sat on the swings gently swing on them.

"Ok so now let's talk." I said taking a deep breath. "I'm guessing you heard what's going on?"

"Yeah your mom came over and told us after you left." He said.

"Well first off I'm sorry for just leaving like that you must have been really worried but I just had to get away and sort my head out, I was in such a mess. Anyway I've had a while to think about things and I'm fine now." I admitted.

"So what does that mean?" he asked still confused.

"To me I'll only ever have one real father and that's the one I've called dad all my life and the one I grieved when he died. This Steve guy couldn't give a shit about me before I was bored so why should I care about him now just because he's took a sudden new interest in my mother again. As for my so called mother you and I both know that she's never been the best mother in the worked to me but in the end she was my mother and I loved her for it. Now after learning what she told me last week and no doubt she was slagging me off to you after I left, was she not?" I asked knowing what the answer was going to be anyway.

"Yeah she did say one of two things." he admitted.

"Thought so. Anyway if she wants to run of with this Steve guy and do what I've so called always stopped her from doing then fine she can go but in no way am I going to play happy families with the two of them."

"You know my mom said your mom really wants you to meet him and he really wants to get to know you." he said.

"I don't care he should have thought about that before he abandoned my and my mother when he found out she was pregnant with me. My mom might be quick to forgive him but as you know I am nothing like my mother. He didn't want o be a part of my life then and I certainly don't want to be a part of his life now."

"Are you sure about this, I mean this is your real biological father do you really want to go the rest of your life not knowing who he is?" he said.

"Benji the only man I consider to be my father is the man I grew up with, the man who raised me. This Steve guy is nothing but a cheep fuck my mother had when she felt 'lonely'."

"Sophie you don't mean that just think about it some people go their whole life searching for the biological parents and never get to meet them, don't you want to at least meet him just the once. Aren't you at all curious?" he argued but not angrily just getting a point across.

"No, I don't want anything to do with him and come to think of it I don't want anything to do with my mother either."

"Now you really don't mean that." he said being brought up with big family views I knew this would be a weak spot for him. He just didn't understand the type of dysfunctional family I was raised in we don't share the same views.

"Yes Benji I do. How would you feel knowing that your whole life been one big lie that the man you thought was your father wasn't and your real father abandoned you when he found out he knocked up your mother when he was just a bit on the side and that your mother had lied and never even wanted you in the first place she just did it because she didn't want her husband to leave her as her bit on the side had already left her."

"I know it's a lot Soph but seriously...

"I am being serious Benj can you not understand that." I silently begged with him to be on my side in all this. He was the one person if any I needed to see things my way and be on my side in all of this.

"You know what it's your decision and I'll back you up a hundred percent what you do I just don't want to see you make the biggest mistake of your life. If your sure not meeting him not even just the once is what you want to do then I'm behind you." he said.

"Thanks Benji that means a lot to me, I love you." I smiled giving him a kiss.

"I know I love you too. I just want you to be happy." He smiled.

"I am happy I don't need them to make me happy." I said and he nodded.


We walked back to his house but as we got to our street I could tell my mom was home.

"Benji she's home, I need to go talk to her." I said suddenly.

"Are you ok do you want me to come with you?" he asked slightly worried.

"No I need to do this myself. Go back to your I'll come over later." I said. He gave me a quick kiss before walking back to his house and I made my way into my house to
Confront my mother.
Sign up to rate and review this story