Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella > Long, Cold Winter

Part 2

by robinzan 1 review

Someone finds true love. WIP Romance/Comedy, No Warnings Needed....yet

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2005-10-24 - Updated: 2005-10-25 - 797 words

0Unrated
A/N: Italics are flashbacks/thinking about the past. I hope that makes it easier for everyone. This is just a filler, because I had writer's block for this part. Enjoy!!

****

I awoke, the next morning, to the tv turning on. I really have to remember to turn off that wake up alarm on that thing. I threw the blankets off of me, got up and stretched. That's when I felt the pain all over my body. I groaned. This is what I get for falling asleep on the couch.

I went to grab the cup off of the sidetable, when the pain shot through my back. Grabbing my back and the cup, I hobbled into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, which I could probably finish all by myself. God, I feel like an old man right now. I probably look it too.

I stretched out again before finally pouring myself a cup of nice hot coffee. Sitting down at the table, I glanced over the newspaper, before I realized that it was yesterday's paper. I rolled my eyes, tossed the paper on the table, finished my coffee and went upstairs. I figured a nice hot shower would soothe my aching bones.

It was about a half an hour before I finally started to wash myself. The spray just felt to damn good to move. All my aches and pains were going down the drain. I squirt some shampoo into my palm and wash my hair. Then I rinse and do the same maneuver with the conditioner. I finish washing the rest of my body, before turning off the water and stepping out, grabbing a towel off the hanger at the same time. I wrapped it around me and glanced into the mirror, before heading for my room. I dressed quickly, then went back to the bathroom and dried my hair.

The guys and I had an interview today and I wanted to look my best. Taking a quick last glance in the mirror, I went downstairs, grabbed my keys, got into my car and left. Yes, I was meeting my guys for an interview for Metal Edge. I know that most rock stars like to use limos and glamour it up. Me? I like to drive my Chevy. This way, I'm in control of the car. Well, unless Eric is driving, but that's a different story altogether.

I arrived where the interview was to take place. It actually looked like an indoor park to me, with trees and flowers growing on the inside of the building. There's a huge sun roof, that lets the sunlight in and actually makes the place feel warmer then it is. There was even soft music playing. I suddenly realized that this is going to annoy me big time.

"Hey guys!" I spotted them just around the corner.

"Tom! You made it!" Eric replied.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"Looks like a greenhouse to me," our guitarist, Jeff said.

"Where is this guy?" Fred, our drummer, asked impatiently.

I glance his way and chuckle. He was never one for having patience. "I'm sure he'll be here," I told him, before spotting Gerri Miller approaching us. "Make that her." I waved her over to where we were standing and gave her a hug.

"How long is this going to take?" Fred asked.

"Easy there buddy," I replied, laughing.

Fred just sighed. I glanced to Gerri, who was laughing. "Alright guys. Follow me."

-------------------

LATER THAT EVENING

I was standing outside the local pizza joint. I'm meeting my best friend and the guy that discovered Cinderella (that's our group), Jon Bon Jovi. It happened back in 1983.

We were performing at one of our local clubs, The Empire Rock Club. You know? Just having fun and trying to get noticed. Well, he was there, watching our performance. He came back into the dressing room, when we were done performing. Jon told us how much he really liked our show and that he could get us signed. I nodded to him, but I didn't really think it would happen. Boy, was I wrong.

A few days later, we were signing a contract for six months, just to see how we do. If the company liked us, we were basically in. They did. Now, we are permanently with Mercury Records. I'm actually proud. None of us ever thought we would get here, but here we are.


Looking up, I noticed Jon walking my way. "Hey!"

"Tommy!! Good to see you!" he said, giving me a hug. I hugged him back.

"You do realize that you are the only one who can call me that?" I asked him.

"I know," he replied, laughing.

I smacked him on the arm. "Let's go eat. I'm starving."
Sign up to rate and review this story