Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

58. The Only Thing I Haven't Done Yet Is Die

by luckysgc921 12 reviews

in which Molly and Patrick chat. sort of.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-19 - 2214 words

5Original
"You've Got Mail!"
Patrick glanced curiously at his laptop still sitting where he had left it on his bed. Shrugging to himself he wandered over and opened his browser to see who was trying to get in touch with him.
"secrets kept alone? Who the hell is that?" The unfamiliar email address didn't contain a subject line and while he would normally delete it something was telling him to open the email and read it. "I swear if this has a virus I'm gonna be pissed at myself" Patrick mumbled as he clicked the email to open it. A few seconds later his jaw dropped as he realized exactly who this email was from.
"Molly..." He whispered as he began to re-read his ex's words on the screen.
From : Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent : Saturday, December 20th 2003 3:30 PM
To : thefamedrebel@hotmail.com

Patrick,
So I know it's been a while and all but how are you? I hope things with the band are going well. I've heard a bit of buzz on the scene and I'm quite impressed with it. You've really gained quite a following. Tons of little girls want to have your babies and everything.
How are the rest of the guys? Good I hope?
I just wanted to drop you a line and let everyone know I was doing ok. Rick and I are settlling in now that we've arrived---we had some car trouble so it took us longer to get here then we planned---and everything is going really really well. Really really well.
So don't worry about me.
This would be the best way to get in touch with me for a while as I need to save my money so I won't have a cell.
Ta,
Molly

PS- I want to hear all about your girlfriend!
Once he was finished reading the email Patrick sat back and just stared at the wall. "Girlfriend?"
-------------------------
From : Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent : Saturday, December 27th 2003 1:30 PM
To : thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject : ....?

Patrick,
Hey. So it's been a week and I haven't heard back from you. I double checked the email address and I know it's the right one...you haven't changed this thing since we were in highschool.
I emailed Elyse and she said you're home for a break from touring for the holidays. Sooo...you should have gotten this.
Please write back.

-Molly

PS- Say hi to your parents for me. Rick sends his greetings as well.
-----------------------------------------
From : Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent : Sunday, December 28th 2003 10:23 PM
To : secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject : RE: ....?

Molly,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've been, busy I guess is the best way to put it.
Why'd you leave like that? You should have gone home with Pete. And I swear if that asshole lays another hand on you I will kill him.

...who told you I have a girlfriend?

-Patrick
--------------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 28th 2003 11:54 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: ....?

Rick said you told him all about her. How gorgeous she was, etc, etc. Whatever, I really don't care if you're seeing someone. I love him Patrick. That's why I left. Wouldn't you do the same thing if you were with someone you really truly loved. I'd give up anything for him. Why would I go home to that stifling environment again?

-Molly
-----------------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 29th 2003 1:02 AM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: RE:....?

...are you still taking your medication?

-Patrick
---------------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 29th 2003 1:15 AM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: .....?

Screw you!
------------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 6th 2004 12:40 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: Hi?

I'm sorry? Please don't do this to me. I need someone to talk to. I miss my friend.
Rick really has changed since we got here. He's working steadily and he hasn't hit me once. I'm waiting tables at a club, its hard work but I'm making decent money. You'd be proud of me.
-MollyBelle
-------------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 9th 2004 12:06 AM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Hi?

Good to know I don't have to go to jail anytime soon. Although I still don't think he's any good for you. Where the hell is "here" anyway?
You miss your friend? Well, I miss my girlfriend. How about that?
And I was serious in that other email, have you stopped taking your medication? you know you can't do that.
No I'm not proud of you. I'm sorry but I'm not.
Come home.
-Pattycakes.
-------------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 9th 2004 4:50 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: I'm still alive...

Patrick,
hey, sorry. I got crazy busy with work and stuff. How's the band going? I haven't heard a lot of news lately. That makes me nervous for you guys.
And "here" is Los Angeles. No I'm not still taking my medication. Rick thinks it makes me loopy. I think he's right. I'm much more grounded when I'm not on it.
I tried emailing Pete but his email doesn't work anymore. What is the new one please?
Sorry this is so abrupt but I'm running out the door for a shift.
Love,
Molly
--------------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 9th 2007 5:10 PM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: I'm still alive...

Molly,
I see you chose to ignore my allusion to our relationship. Ok. I can take a hint. Funny how things reveres themselves though huh?
Los Angeles? The city of lost angels. Fucking appropriate if I ever heard.
Grounded withOUT your medication. Oh yea, he's a real winner. and I fucking hope he's reading this over your shoulder- (asshole)
Pete is on "computer strike" currently so he doesn't have a working email. Joe and I have a bet running as to how long it'll actually last. So far he's gone a week.
I'm actually impressed. I loose 100 bucks if he doesn't start using his computer tomorrow though.
The band is doing well, we've been playing dates here and there. We're starting to sketch out some stuff for a new album and the labels are talking about re-releasing Take This To Your Grave next year. I'm not sure why. I don't pretend to understand the business end of things. Just give me a guitar and the microphone and I'm good to go.
don't work yourself too hard babygirl.

-Patrick
----------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25th 2004 10:07 PM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: ...this isn't funny where are you?

Molly,
Read the subject line.
That is all.
I'm worried. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and when you go and disappear like this I get concerned. I'm gonna be out of town for a few days...please please get in touch with me and at least put my mind at ease.

Love,
Patrick.
-------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24th 2004 5:00 AM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: ...this isn't funny where are you?

Patrick,
hey. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I was sick and I had to spend a few days in the hospital. And then my computer crashed.
Don't freak out. geez. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself.
--------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 11th 2004 9:50 AM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: yea, pot meet kettle.

So I didn't die. My computer did. You need to give me you're phone number. Do you have a phone number yet? We're gonna be in LA next week. I want to see you.
I need to see you.
I don't buy that you were in the hospital for being sick BTW.
I love you.
Call me.
-----------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 25th 2004 7:30 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: yea, pot meet kettle.

I guess I must have missed you. We took a road trip up to the Bay area for a few days. Oops. Yes, I have a cell phone. No you can't have the number.
you need to stop talking like that Patrick. Rick sees these.
I have to go.
-Molly
---------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26th 2004 10:30 AM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: why should I lie?

Seriously. WHY?
come home. you're family is here in Chicago. and I don't just mean your biological one.
I didn't think I'd pull this card Molly, but your Mom needs you.
Pete needs you too. I'm starting to get worried about him. I feel like I've lost both my best friends. And if Rick is so perfect the why the FUCK do I need to watch what I say.
i DO love you you dumb bitch.
-Me.
----------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 4th 2004 8:45 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: why should I lie?

Right, 'cause calling me a dumb bitch is going to conjure up fond memories of our past together?
My mother needs me like she needs another drink or pill. which in case you don't realize--is NO. Pete's fine. Don't worry about him. He loves his drama far more then he will admit. As long as someone is worried about him he won't do anything stupid. It's when you guys stop paying him any attention that I would grow concerned.
Rick isn't perfect. I never said that.
-Me2.
------------------------------------
From: Patrick Stump [thefamedrebel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27th 2004 6:16 AM
To: secretskeptalone@hotmail.com
Subject: Goodbye.

Molly,
I just pulled one of Pete's tricks. I stayed up all night and I just thought. And I came to the conclusion that I can't help you. I don't believe he isn't still hurting you. The fact that it takes you weeks at a time to reply clues me into that. You won't listen to me. Pete said you aren't listening to him either. And the honest to god truth is that I'm still in love with you.and at the same time I hate you more then I could possibly express in words right now.
I hate that you make me feel like this even from half a country away.
I hate that I go to bed thinking of you and wake up wondering if you are ok.
I hate that I can still smell your perfume in my room.
I hate that I can't listen to Kenny Chesney without thinking of you either.
I hate that my best friends are gone. Pete hasn't been the same since he came back from NY. I didn't see you, and he didn't describe it. But he's haunted.
Seeing you like that. and then loosing you. Having you ABANDON us killed something inside him. He thinks of you like a sister you know? He blames himself.
he blames me too.
You made me loose my best friend by making the way wrong decisions about this guy.
Fucking hell Molly. I don't even care if you're with ME...just don't be with him.
I don't want to get a phone call to go to your funeral.
I can't do this anymore. Get in touch with me when you come to your senses. and not a moment before that.
goodbye.
------------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14th 2004 4:57 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Goodbye.

Patrick,
This stopped being funny last month. I figured by now you'd have emailed me.
You don't know Rick. Don't judge him.
Sometimes I hate you too you know. I think I hated you when we were together. No one should be as perfect as you are. Be bad at something for once in your life!
Pete's a drama queen.
seriously, email me back. This isn't funny.
----------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18th 2004 5:21 AM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Goodbye.

Joke. is seriously over. asshole.
-M.
---------------------------
From: Molly O'Conell [secretskeptalone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25th 2004 6:20 PM
To: thefamedrebel@hotmail.com
Subject: Fine.

Fine. have it your way. Goodbye.

It's funny how "I'll love you forever" worked out huh?

-Molly
-----------------------------------
In the second week of September Patrick was sitting around his living room fiddling with his guitar when the doorbell rang. Two minutes later when it rang again he remembered he was the only one home.
"damnit." Patrick mumbled as he got up and yelled that he was coming. Reaching the front door he swung it open and with a confused tone he asked,
"Can I help you miss?" Standing in front of Patrick was a girl with long blonde hair, her back to him wearing scraggly clothing and looking like she needed to be force fed about six plates of pasta a day for the next month. As she turned around though Patrick's eyes widened.
"Hey.." the female replied looking at him with haunted, sunken eyes, "whatsup?"
"Molly?" Patrick asked in surprise.
"Yea...I'm home?"


--------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Title is from "Thriller" by Fall Out Boy.
But you guys should know that.

PS: the emails totally work. I am that lame.
PPS: Kyle. you best be writing some good stuff yo. (bet you didn't think I'd do it huh?)
Sign up to rate and review this story