Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Holiday Season... But Not Everyone's in the Holiday Spirit

Chapter 41

by Nic 2 reviews

Sophie meets Steve!... please read and review :-)

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-22 - Updated: 2007-04-22 - 1661 words

0Unrated
A week later I was sat in Benji's car outside Steve's house. We had arranged for me to go over to Steve's house, where my mom was now living, to have lunch with them. We also decided on lunch instead of dinner because it was a bit more casual than dinner. I decided to go on my own it was something I needed to do by my self. Benji had volunteered to drive me as if I'd have driven my self I'd have chickened out and not gone. The whole ride there I couldn't stop fidgeting because I was so nervous. We had been silent the whole journey there I could tell I was annoying Benji as he kept glancing over to me every so often but never said anything. We had been sat outside Steve's house for ten minutes in silence. I kept looking over to the house trying to get up the courage to go in. finally after ten minutes of sitting in silence and me fidgeting still Benji spoke up.

"Are you going to go in or just sit her fidgeting looking at the house?" He laughed.

"I can't Benji I'm scared." I said shaking slightly.

"You don't need to be scared, you'll be fine. Do you want me to come in with you?" he asked.

"No, I need to do this myself." I said but went back to fidgeting and looking at the house.

"Sophie stop that please you're driving me crazy." He laughed putting his hand over my hand to stop me shaking and fidgeting with them.

"Sorry I'm really nervous."

"I can tell. look Soph, you look gorgeous and you've got nothing to worry about if you don't like it and want to leave you can leave at anytime I'm going to be waiting right here for you when ever you want to go. Just go and get it over with, you'll regret it if you don't." he said. I nodded and took a deep breath hen unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door. "Are you going?" he asked not believing that I was going to go.

"Yeah but don't say that to me." I said shaking me head.

"Ok just go you can do it, I love you." he said knowing that would always get me.

"Love you too. Right I'm going I promise I'll try my best not to murder anyone." I said getting out of the car and finally making my way to the front door.

I knocked on the front door and my mom answered it.

"Sophie come in." she said civilly. This was the first time that we had spoken to each other since the day in the house when she was packing. Robin had spoke to her since and arranged all this. She said she was ok with me and that everything would be a clean slate but I wasn't to sure. I smiled and walked in.

"Steve's just finishing the sandwiches off, let's wait in the living room." she said then led me into the living room. We sat in silence for a minute. "So how are you?" she asked obviously making small talk.

"Alright." I said looking round the house. It was quite a nice house not too big but not too small and decorated nicely too.

"You and Benji still together?" she smiled.

"Yes." I said not rally knowing what else to say, this all seemed so awkward.

"You to where meant to be together." She smiled.

"Thank you, so how are you doing?" I said lost for anything else to say.

"Good me and Steve have been making plans for the wedding. We don't want anything big just a small reception type wedding." She said not that I was that interested. Before we could continue with our awkward small talk who I'm guessing was Steve walked in.

"Hi you must be Sophie it's so nice to finally meet you, I'm Steve your...erm, I'm Steve." He smiled. I could tell he was about to introduce him self ad 'Steve my father' but decide that was a touchy subject.

"Nice to meet you Steve." I smiled only going so far as a smile and a hand shake. What else did he expect? He was as good as a stranger to me I wasn't going to just throw my arms around him and start calling him dad.

"So how are you doing your mom's been telling me so much about you. You're a manager over in Miami in one of the fashion store right?" he asked. I nodded. "That must be really interesting. So do you live in Miami?"

"I was staying there with, who is now my ex-fiancé', before I left to come here for the holidays. I tend to travel around a lot and work in the different stores in the different sates where ever they need me. I've been in Miami for the past two years though; it's really nice I like it there."

"I've always wanted to travel but never really got that far." He said.

"She's dating Benji Madden now, you know Robin Madden's boy. He's in a famous band called Good Charlotte. They used to go to school together and was really close then they had a falling out and never talked for years and now they've been reunited, that's Sophie for you ever the drama queen." Mom said but not in a nasty way just a joking way. If you ask me this was all getting a little too nice and cheesy for my liking it was turning me sick.

"Not to be harsh or anything but can we cut the small talk and get down to why where really here." I sighed. They both seemed a little stunned at first but then seemed to agree.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Steve said.

"I don't know I was told that you wanted to meet me and well here I am." I pointed out.

"I know and can I just say how much it means to me that you did come but I think I have some explaining to do." He said looking down.

"If you wan to." I said not really bothered.

"I do I'm so sorry for the way I acted. I was just scared me and your mother weren't even supposed to be seeing each other when she told me that she was pregnant with my child I didn't know what to do. I wasn't ready for a child but then when we came up with the cover up, I just all seemed to fit in so well. Your mother's husband wanted a child but couldn't seem to have one and I didn't want one so it just seemed to be a good idea at the time. I know now it wasn't the best I idea in the world and I really am sorry about that I just hope you can understand and forgive us." he said.

"I'v got to admit it did hurt me when I found out I was a mess I didn't know what was going on but yes I can understand it from your point of view now. That doesn't mean that I agree with what you all did but I can forgive you."

"You don't know how much that means to us." mom piped up. "I know I've been a little out of order towards you lately and I'm sorry, I'm sorry for some of the things you've had top go trough over the years because of me too." mom said sincerely. I nodded.

"So where does this leave us all?" Steve said.

"I do accept your explanations, and that you two are now together. Mom you know I will be leaving here soon to go back to work and Steve you seem like a nice guy and I wish you and my mom all the best but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to think of you as my actual father I hope you can understand that." I said unsure of the reaction I may get.

"That's understandable and I guess I only have my self to thank for that. It's been really nice meeting you and your mother did a really good job raising you." he smiled.

"It's been nice meeting you too and I wish you both good luck for the wedding but I'm going to go now." I said.

"Thank you for coming it really does mean a lot to us." my mom said seriously. I nodded. "Erm we where going to ask you if you'd come to the wedding?" mom asked unsure.

"Let me know when it is and I'll let you know." I said which made them smile.


When I got back to the car not surprisingly Benji had fell asleep on me again. I got into the car slamming the door in order to hopefully wake him up. His eyes shot open and turned towards me.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I laughed.

"Hey watch it this is a delicate piece of machinery you have to be careful with her." he said patting his car.

"You need help." I laughed rolling my eyes.

"So how did it go?" he asked. As he pulled away and we started driving back home.

"Alright, it was just me and mom at first which was awkward she was being overly nice and making small talk, then Steve came in and he was being overly nice and making small talk to it was sickening but I played nice at first but then I got fed up and just said can we get to the pint. He explained from his point of view why he left which was basically that he was scared blah blah and we talked about shit for a bit then when I was leaving mom invited me to the wedding."

"What did you say?"

"I'd think about it." I shrugged my shoulders. He nodded.
Sign up to rate and review this story