Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

So close..So close..!

by favoritexloser 2 reviews

Frank comes along..for a short while..And again, I am not proud of this chapter...it soo short and corny..i feel uninspired again..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2007-04-22 - Updated: 2007-04-23 - 1806 words

0Unrated
"Uhm, well, I just dropped by to see how Mikey's doing, especially since you've told me that he seems down in the dumps." I replied.
"Really? You came to check on him when everyone else is gone?" Alicia responded.
"No, I hadn't planned it that way. It was just like that, I found him alone." I said.
"Oh, so you mean when everyone is there, you'd stay away. But if he's alone, then you'd come on him?"
"Come on, Alicia. Don't start. Ciara just came here to see how I was. She was just trying to be a good friend." Mikey stepped in.
"Okay, so I guess I'll go now.." I said, stepping away. Once I reached the elevator, I could hear that Mikey and Alicia were starting an argument. I could only get a little bit of what the were fighting about. Alicia said,"Fuck, Mikey. What the shit is going on between you two?" Then Mikey responded, "Nothing Ciara is just a friend..." then the elevator doors slid shut. I guess this was what I was trying to avoid, a feud with Alicia. She seems nice, I guess, so it's not really fair if I'd go and steal Mikey. The days following, I seemed to be more sullen than before. My crew thinks I'm just homesick, but I wasn't. I was lovesick. And I guess Mikey and I stopped talking to each other. We even stopped trying to get back, or Alicia will catch us. So it was official, there will never be a Mikey + Ciara, like before. I think the other reason was why I didn't care about Mikey anymore was that I got my mind on something else, or shall I say / someone/.
Something was going on in the mind of another guy who seems to be my secret admirer. His first gift was a single red rose and a sweet little note the read,
"Roses are red, violets are blue,
They say 'beautiful',
Then I think of you."
It was somewhat obvious that Mikey didn't write this, because I'd always tell his handwriting. The note was written in those teenage boy-ish manuscript that I admired most among all boys. And since I've seen all the handwritings of my crew members and Warped Tour workers, the admirer must've been a guy from a band. And thus, the investigation began. Two days after I received the rose, ( were now in Cincinatti, Ohio, our 3rd stop since Atlanta) I got 2 sunflowers, from the same boy with the teenage boy-ish manuscript. I found the sunflowers lying next to my backpack backstage. It came with another note that read,
"The sun won't shine as bright as you,
not even the star's twinkle will do."
I looked around if anyone was there, but no one, so I asked any witnesses if they saw anyone dropping off some flowers.
"Yeah, I think. All I remember was that a guy with tons of tattoes on his arms were holding those sunflowers." my assistant said.
"Do you know who he is? Or what he does?" I asked
"Uhm..I think he plays guitar for one of the bands.." she replied. I thought for awhile. There were tons of bands with tattooed guitarists.
"Can you be more specific?" I asked.
"Hmm..." my assistant was thinking. "Oh I remembered!" she exclaimed, "He's in that band that wears all those really awesome makeup!"
"My Chemical Romance." I said.
"Yeah! That one! Sometime before his sound check, he was holding those sunflowers. I overheard him and his bandmate talking, and asking him why he was holding sunflowers and he said it was for some girl." my assisant said.
I thought hard, Mikey is not a guitarist, and he doesn't have any tattooes, neither does his brother, Gerard(I found out that he's scared of needles, what a baby). Bob, is certainly not a guitarist, so that leaves the two, Ray Toro and Frank Iero. Ray seems clear out of tattooes, so it narrows down to one boy. Frank. I've never really had a real discussion with him before. Although, I did talk to him, but they were informative things like ,"Sound check starts in two minutes," or "If you need your microphone to be a little louder, just tell me," but that was it. He was also very quiet when I was around, so it was hard to tell what he felt about me. Boys these days. They're very counfusing.
"So, what are you going to do about it?" my assistant asked.
"I'm not really sure. I don't really know how to handle these types of situations." I replied.
"I could ask for you, if he really gave you those flowers." she suggested.
"No, no way. You'd intimidate him." I said.
"No, I'm just going to ask him questions like how does he feel about you..But in a disguised way, so that he doesn't know that you're asking."
"Hmm..As long as you don't blow it.." I started to say.
"Okay! So I'll ask him, and by the end of today, I'll guarantee an answer." my assistant cheerfully said, walking away. I don't know what the hell was I thinking of, just letting her ask him. But as she promised, that afternoon, she came running to me, quite excitedly.
"Ahh! Ciara, it's so damn true! He has the hots for you!" she cried out eagerly.
"Goodness, lower down your volume, there are tons of people here that could hear you!" I replied, pulling her away.
"Sorry Ciara," she said, this time in a lowered voice, "It's just that he really really likes you, I swear. When I said your name, his eyes, like, lit up! But he didn't really admit that he gave those flowers, but I can tell that he did give those."
"Okay, um but something's been going through the back of my mind..How old is he?" I asked.
"Oh, he's only 25." she answered. I dropped my jaws.
"25 /? Dude, he's like, a year /younger ! I can't deal with that."
"He's only 25! So what if he's only a year younger? Many girls date guys that are like, seven years younger! This guy won't hurt."
"I don't know...I'm really not like any other girl who'd take risks.."
"Ciara, that's your problem. You never take risks. I just heard that you and Mikey were dating during your high school year, then now that he's engaged, he tried to get back with you, but you bailed out because you were afraid of his fiancee and what people would say. Who cares what people say? You were never born to please people."
"Where the hell did you hear that Mikey and I dated, and that he tried to get back with me?" I asked.
"Uhm..well..Mikey's closest friend told us."
"Told us ? Who's us?"
"The crew.." she nervously answered.
"Damn him.." I said.
"But that's not the real reason I'm here. I'm here because Frank is asking you out tonight." she suddenly blurted out.
"What?"
"Tonight. Frank wants to take you out tonight."
"Tonight? Quit playing around, I'm not in the mood."
"Hell, I'm not lying. Frank really did ask me to ask you if you wanted to go out with him."
"Well, honestly I wouldn't want to be caught dead with a guy who doesn't seem to ask a girl out himself. That's plain cowardness. I think it's stupid." I said, folding my arms.
"Uhm..That's why I came to ask you myself." Someone behind me was talking, and my assistant's face lit up, "Oooh..I have to go.." she said, smiling. I turned around, and it was Frank.
"Yeah, I thought it was stupid, too, so I planned to tell you before your friend told you, but I guess she caught you first." he explained.
"Um..Frank..tonight? Well, I seem kinda busy.." I started to say.
"Please?" he asked.
I sighed, "Oh, okay. Just for tonight. I guess I'll go with you." Frank smiled. Oh my God, I can't believe I just accepted his date request, and even though I'm not his type. I guess that's 5 more points to the great stupid things that Ciara Fuller has done. But who knows? This date might be really terrible, that Frank wouldn't enjoy my company, at all. I had hope.
I met Frank at the lobby of the hotel that we were both staying in that night.
"So, what's the plans for tonight?" I asked.
"Well, I was thinking that we might see a movie, then get something to eat." he answered.
"Okay, sounds simple, but I like it." I smiled. The whole walk to the movies was really nerve-wrecking, because I have never been on a date since Mikey and I stopped calling each other (that was like 7 years ago). And halfway there, Frank took hold of my hand. I think all the butterflies in my stomach were multiplying by the hundreds. I was going to burst. And during the whole movie, I wasn't paying attention at all. I kept my mind on what I was going to say, because he wasn't really my type, and how I was supposed to say it. Frank is a really cool guy, and I don't like breaking hearts (unlike Mikey, who I guess enjoys it). But towards the end of the night, I did another regrettable thing I ever did to a guy.
"Frank, I like you, but.." I began to say, but he caught me off.
"Ciara, if you're really not interested in me, you could've told me. I would understand. I'm used to the rejections. But all I really wanted was to go on this date with you. The first time I saw you, you took my breath away, and from then on, I knew that I was in love. But as I got to know more about you, I got a hint that I wasn't really the type of guy you'd be attracted to. So, I've been on this date with you, and I think you're an amazing girl, but I can't really demand the people you date..And I don't really expect anything back from you. I just wanted to go on this date, and I did. So, I guess that's it."
"Aww..Frank, thanks alot..But I'd really appreciate if we could still stay as friends..You didn't really expect anything but.." I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Frank was ruby red.
"Whoa. Thanks." he smiled.
"Haha..Let's get back. We've got alot of things going on tomorrow morning." I replied. I was relieved. Frank was now off my back, but I still was on the search for someone to replace Mikey, and Frank certainly was not the answer. I don't know, I think that I really was destined to be with Mikey. I don't know...
Sign up to rate and review this story