Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sweet Escape.

So Long and Goodnight

by favoritexloser 4 reviews

This is not the last chapter..although the story is almost over..But I'm working on the end..hope you'll like this chapter..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-25 - Updated: 2007-04-25 - 1134 words

0Unrated
Today, my emotions seemed to run wild. I felt sad, yet happy at the same time. I was sad, because it was my last shift for the whole tour and I wouldn't be able to see Mikey, and happy because I would go home and not even worry about Mikey and Alicia together. I did somehow fail to find a guy that was right for me, and Frank wasn't really it. I thought it would work, but no. Yet, it would be good to date Mikey's bandmate, but I wasn't a second-grader, remember. So, I guess this was it. Mikey and I can never get together, and I can't do anything, especially since Alicia 'mentally attacked' me today. I was doing my job, minding my own business, then she came up to me.
"What the fuck are you doing with my Mikey?" she asked.
"What? He's just a really good friend.." I replied.
"Good friend ? Do you know what are on the back of the person's minds who says that? In perfect English, it means 'I'm fucking dating him!' Now that's fucked up!" she exclaimed.
"What the shit are you saying? When I mean 'good friends', I literally mean 'good friends'! Now it's fucking rude to mind this sort of business that doesn't seem to be minded on!"
"Mind this business?! Mikey is my fucking / fiancee /!! So I have every damn right in this world to mind his business!"
"His business. You can only mind his business. And since I'm involved, you can't mind my business."
"Involved?!? Oh, you little slut! I knew who were bad news once I first met you. You do nothing but cry over people's fiances. So suck it up. SUCK IT UP!"
"Why don't you? Why can't you suck it up? Mikey and I only talk to each other. It's not like we run around having sex!"
Alicia was enraged. She stormed out of the room, and I was relieved. I was scared that she might take a blow at me, or start grabbing my hair. I didn't want to start a cat fight. That would be stupid, especially if we were fighting over Mikey. I hate fighting over boys. It really was stupid, and how old were we? Old enough to take compromise. I mean, Mikey's just a guy, in a band. It's not like he's the President, or something. There are tons of Mikey's in the world, I just haven't looked around yet. And today was my last day, I didn't want anyone to ruin it. We were now in Oklahoma City, and tomorrow, I was going to take a plane ride back to Trenton. I was finally free.
That afternoon, 2 hours before the show, Gerard approached me. God, please don't tell me it's a representative from Team Alicia to kick my ass. I was sick of it, so I looked away.
"Hey, Ciara." He said.
"Uhm...Hey..." I slowly looked at him. He wasn't mad, he was smiling.
"Can I join you?" he asked.
"Uhm..sure..I guess." I said, scooting over(I was sitting on a couch) to give him space.
"So..I heard you're a Jersey girl. Where you from?" he asked.
"Newark, but I moved to Trenton."
"Newark? Whoa. Mikey and I lived in Newark."
"Lived ? Where are you living in now?"
"Uh..We both moved to New York. Queens, actually."
"Oh. That's nice."
"Uhm..So..I also heard you kinda dated Mikey during his senior year. It's a bummer I wasn't there, I really wanted to meet the first girl who'd actually make my brother kiss her. He's terrible ain't he?"
"Uh..I'm not sure. How would you know he's terrible?"
"Just a hunch. He's my brother, he's supposed to be terrible. But anyway, don't want to be a snooper, but what happened to you two? He was really in love with you. And I think he's really in love with you now."
"I don't really know what happened. He just stopped returning my calls, and that was it. Now I find him here. And I don't believe he's in love with me. He already has a fiancee."
"Haha, Ciara, you funny little girl," Gerard laughed hysterically, "How do you know? Have you ever seen him when Alicia's not around? Dude, he's a fucking cry baby. He even told me that he's fucking in love with you."
"I swear that's a lie. Gerard, I'm tired of jokes and games. I've grown out of it. So please stop."
"You think I'm joking around? Hello! I'm much older than you! I don't play around, at all!"
"Thanks for the tip, Gerard, but Mikey's engaged. There's nothing I can do." I walked away. I always walked away if I didn't want to hear more about Mikey. I'm tired of the name 'Mikey'. It's always in my head. It's really getting annoying. I swear. But luckily I was going back home. And back to my old self, the old Ciara who didn't care where Mikey was, or he is now. All I cared about was myself( and my bestfriend of course).
That night, after the show, I caught Mikey, alone, backstage. I wanted to say goodbye because I was leaving early in the morning, and the other guys were leaving for the next city, too, so I had no chance to talk to them, ever.
"Hey, Mikey, could I talk to you real quick, before your fiancee attacks me, again." I said, pulling him away, to a place no one could see us talk.
"Attack? Oh, don't tell me she hurt you..Are you okay?" he asked.
"Mikey, I'm fine, I just have to say goodbye."
"You're leaving?"
"Yeah, my shift's over. I'm going back to Trenton tomorrow morning. And I'm not sure if I'll ever see you again. Ever. So, this is my final goodbye."
"Aw..Ciara, don't say it that way. It seems like you're dying..Don't leave me.."
"Sorry, Mikey, but you broke my promise. So I guess I have the right to break yours.."
"No..Ciara..I'm really really sorry. Why don't you believe me?"
"I do..Sorta. Kinda. Maybe, but you know that I was kinda hurt when you broke it altogether, so..Goodbye, Mikey."
"Ciara.." Mikey hugged me, but he wasn't crying.
"No. Mikey, let go. I don't want to turn this little talk into a tear-jerker. I just came hear to tell you goodbye..and.." I took a deep breathe, " And..Good luck to you and Alicia. I wish all the best."
"Ciara...." Mikey took hold of my hand, but I let go, and turned away. That was it. Goodbye Mikey. What was that line in one of their songs? Oh yeah, 'So long and Goodnight.' That was it. So long and goodnight, Mikey Way, so long and goodnight.
Sign up to rate and review this story