Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Fifteen.

by rainydaykid13 2 reviews

Maybe Hope getting her memory back isn't such a good thing, after all.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-23 - Updated: 2007-04-23 - 509 words

1Ambiance
Lyric picked Hope up and walked up the stairs, as her daughter's head rested lazily on her shoulder.

She set Hope gently down on the bed and covered her with the sheet and blanket.

The little girl looked up at her with wide eyes.

"Mommy?" she said tiredly,"I'm sad."

Lyric sat down on the bed next to her,"What's wrong?"

"It's been a whole month since the funeral," Hope sighed.

Lyric was shocked at what Hope had just said,"W-what funeral?" she was trying to keep her cool, but she was doing a horrible job of it.

"Um...the one right after Petey was in the accident. I dunno whose it was though."

Lyric recoiled, she didn't even know Hope knew about the accident,"It's OK, baby girl. You don't have to be sad about it," Lyric did her best to comfort the child, but she just didn't know exactly what to say.

She kissed Hope on the top of her head and walked out of the room, flicking off the light as she went.

She walked down the hall and into her bedroom, flopping over onto her bed and burying her face in her pillow. She still wasn't so sure of the life she was living right now.

---

Lyric awoke the next morning, sunlight streaming in through the open window. Her stomach grumbled.

Dragging her feet, she padded into the kitchen. She trudged over to the refrigerator and opened the door. After combing through the various take out boxes and assorted vegan food products, Lyric sighed and sat down at the table empty handed.

Moments later she was joined by Pete, Hope following close behind.

"It is SATURDAY!" she shrieked happily,"I don't have to go to school!"

Pete laughed and scooped the little girl up in his arms, tickling her stomach. She rested her head on his shoulder, looking his face over.

"Ooh, you have a boo-boo, Petey. Whatidja do?" she asked, gingerly touching the large cut, that though now it had nicely scabbed over, still adorned his cheek,"Didja do that in the accident?"

Pete stared at her for a moment before replying,"Yeah, I think I did."

"Does it hurt?" she asked, tracing it with her finger once again, as Lyric watched silently from her seat at the table.

"Sometimes, but not really."

"Oh..." Hope nodded.

"Petey, why'd you try to kill yourself?" she asked, genuine curiosity visible on her face.

Lyric could have sworn that she felt her jaw hit the floor, she was so surprised. Maybe Hope getting her memory back isn't such a good thing, after all.

Pete stared at her, mouth agape as well. He was at a loss for words,"Uh...Well...I...I just wasn't happy with where I was at in my life," he stuttered.

Hope nodded solemnly,"Are you happy now?"

Pete thought for a moment. He looked from Lyric back to Hope, realizing at that very moment that he had so much to live for, his band, his girlfriend, his friends,"Yeah. Yeah I am."
Sign up to rate and review this story