Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ::We Can Take It To The Highway::Mikey Way::

eighteen

by magstamonkii 1 review

........

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Erotica, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Parody, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [?] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-04-25 - Updated: 2007-04-25 - 1592 words

0Unrated
"Aww, look at them," I heard someone wisper. I opened my eyes a bit to see 'Anthrax' in my face. I rolled over gently, trying not to wake Mikey, and Saw Gerard and Lizzie.
"Morning to you too," I groaned, and wiped a strand of hair out of my face.
"What day is it?" I asked quietly, trying to focus on the clock on the table.
"Its the 28th, of Febuary if you forgot that too." Gerard said, warpping an arm around Lizzie.
"God, aren't you two tired of each other yet?" I asked.
"Hey, we got together what, two, three weeks tops after you two, shouldn't I be asking that?" Gerard grinned. I looked over at Mikeym who was slightly wheezing, but had his mouth hanging open and hair sticking up on one side and flat against the pillow.
"NO, I could wake up like this every day from now on," I said, and looked back at them. Well, where they used to be. I shrugged and turned to see that Mikey was awake with a grin on his face.
"Morning sexy," I smiled.
"Morning," he wispered, giving me a quick kiss on the lips.
"What should we do today? You get out of school for good in a month, and your perfectly legal for me to touch now that you're 18," I grinned, kissing him again.
"Well, I say we...stay like this all day," he grinned, and pulled me close. I rested my head on his chest, listening to him breathe.
"You have your inhaler close, right?" I asked, becuase his wheezing seemed worse than usual.
"Yes mother, its in the nightstand." he answered, and I gently slapped his arm.
"Ok, I'm getting up now, sorry hun," I said, and with that, rolled off the edge and walked downstairs to be greeted by the smell of something burning.
"Frankie, you trying to cook again?" I joked, but no one answered. I Ran to the kitchen , and saw a fire sprouted from the oven, and Gerard passed out on the floor. I ran upstairs, and pulled Mikey down.
"Cover your face, ok? Theres a lot of smoke," I told him, and he covered his face with the neck of his shirt. I went to Gerard again, and shook him. He groaned, and then I saw Mikey bend down and slap him.
"Fuck Mikey, what- shit get out Mikey, NOW!" he shouted, and Mikey turned to the door. Gerard and I grabbed anything wet or could retain water, and tried to put out whatever was in the oven. The fire subsided, but smoke was still coming out, and too quickly to be left over embers.
"Eve, go check on Mikey, I'll call down to the station, ok?" he said, and I went to find Mikey outside. He was sitting on the curb, taking deep breaths and releasing them slowly.
"You ok?" I asked, and he nodded, taking another deep breath.
"Yeah, just a lot of smoke in there," he got out, and coughed. I nodded, rubbing his back and feeling the wheezing worsen.
"Mikey, you need your inhaler, don't you?" I asked, and he nodded. I went inside, passing Gerard on the way out, and rumaged through the nightstand. Just when I grabbed the small plastic object, I heard something crack, and the floor dropped a foot. I gripped the stand, and then slowly made my way to the hallway. I cautiously went down the stairs, and saw that the wall behind the kitchen had burned away, and the flames were licking at the ceiling. I ran outside, and saw Mikey taking deeper, louder breaths and Gerard trying to keep his breathing steady. I handed him the inhaler, and he shook it, and went to take a hit. Nothing happened. Mikey shook the inhaler harder by his ear and coughed.
"Its out, it expired," he wheezed, and Gerard took it from him, only to shake it a couple more times than throw it across the street.
"Come on Mikey, we're going to the emergency room," he said, but I stopped him. "
Gerard, someone gonna need to be here, you know that," I added when he tried to shove that fact aside. He sighed, and tossed me the keys.
"Call me when you get better, ok?" he said to Mikey, and we took off.

:Mikeys POV:
I've never had an attack this bad, but I've never seen my kitchen on fire either. I tried to relax and take deep breaths, but it just wouldn't happen for me. Eve was pushing the speed limit as much as she could without getting a ticket, and we eventually made ti to the hospital.
"I fuckin hate going in there," I said, and she smiled a bit.
"You'll be in and out, you'll see," she said, taking my hand and walking through the doors. We checked in, and the attendant said we had probably a 20 minute wait. Eve sighed, and we sat down.
"Keep taking deep breaths, ok?" she said, and I nodded, sitting taller each time I inhaled. I looked down on the exhale, and saw her picking at a scab on her arm.
"You ok? What'd you do?" I asked, wheezing loudly. She jumped slightly, pulling down the three-quarter sleeve and smiling.
"Oh nothing, just a scab," she said, and I knew it was a lie. Why would she lie to me? I thought, and after that, the twenty minutes were lost in thought at why she couldn't trust me.
"Way, Michael?" the nurse asked, and I flinched.
"Mikey," I corrected, and went with her, Eve at my side. I sat on the table, and waited for the doctor to come in.
"What'd you do?"I asked again, and she sighed, and opened her mouth to answer.
"Hi, Im Doctor Romanski, you are Michael-"
"Mikey," I said, and Eve had slumped farther in the chair. The doctor looked over, and saw Eve.
"Oh, Mrs. Sardine, nice to see you again, I was just about to call you," he said, and she looked down at the ground.
"Hi Pete," she mummbled, and he focused on me again.
"So, Mikey, what's wrong?" he asked, and the flinched.
"Sorry, I know what's wrong, athsma. No worries, you'll be in and out, one moment." he said, and left the room.
"What was that about?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me now.
"He's just a cheery-"
"No, why was he going to call you?" I clarified, forcing her back on topic. But again, Pete burst into the room with a machine.
"Now, I need you to put this mask on, it's just a giant inhaler, ok?" he said, flicked the switch, and I felt the air start pumping into my lungs. He was right, I felt the tightening relax after a moment.
"Eve, may i speak to you outside?" Dr. Romanski said, and she nodded. They followed each other out the door, and I slipped off the bed.
"Your medication is being discontinued," he said, and she was quiet.
"Am I getting any substitutions?" she finally asked, and he sighed.
"I'm pushing for it, and I think they might let a case like you, but I don't want to give false hope," he said, and she sighed.
"So, back on the cemo?" she said, and it was his turn to sigh.
"Looks like it for now, but not for long. I think we really might get it all this time," he said, and I heard their footsteps coming back. I jumped on the bed, and took a deep inhale of the air coming through the mask.

:Normal POV:
"I'll check in later, ok?" Pete said, and we nodded. Second after he closed the door, Mikey sighed.
"What's up? Feeling better?" she asked, and I shook my head.
"Well, the asthma's going away. What do you have?" he asked, and I thought my heart stopped.
"I heard you, and meds and cemo. What type? and can I do anything?" he asked again. I looked at the ground.
"Breast, and theres just a small block left I'm getting removed next week and cemo just to be careful," I said, and he nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I figured it'd be over with soon anyways," I apologized.
"No need, its ok, seriously. I'm glad your getting better I guess, and that explains why you missed so much in 8th grade, huh?" he smiled. I nodded. He took another deep breath, and I could hear the wheezing go away.
"I'm gonna go call Gerard, ok?" I said, and he nodded.
"Love you, Eve," he said when I opened the door. I went back and kissed his cheek.
"Love you too, Wheezy," I smiled, and he rolled his eyes.

"Hello?"
"Hey Gerard," i said.
"Hey how's little Mikey doin?" he asked, and I could hear people in the background.
"Much better, almost over I think. Whats going on?" I asked, and he sighed.
"Well, the firefighters got her and foudn that the microwave clock has short circuted I guess, causing a small fire inside the walls and took out the kitchen and almost the second floor, but they cought it in time and everythings good I guess." he said.
"That sucks, where you gonna stay?" He paused, then answered.
"Ray's lettin me and Mikey camp out there." I nodded, and saw Mikey coming out.
"Well, I gotta go, the youngin was just released, we're coming to Ray's, ok?" We said our goodbyes and Mikey and I jumped into the car.
Sign up to rate and review this story