Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 7

by Rybekka 2 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-29 - Updated: 2007-04-29 - 1946 words

0Unrated
Notes: THNKS FR TH CMMNTS =D u guys pwn

"George Ryan Ross, is that your name?"

I felt as my tiny body started to shake.

"Y-y-yes." I stuttered out.

"I'm sorry to tell you that your parents were in a serious car accident." The police officer said with no feeling at all. I stood there motionless trying to realize what this could possibly mean.

"They are both in a serious condition. I was sent here to bring you and your sister to the hospital." He said calmly. I slowly nodded my head in response.

_____________________________
I was standing in front of a glass window. The whiteness of this place was killing me. They couldn't even breath on their own. They were surrounded by doctors or nurses. Was there really any difference?

A drunk driver had hit my mom. The drunk driver being my father. How pathetic was that.

Claire was being interrogated. The police officer had already talked to me. Turns out that my mom threatened to leave my father and drove off. But my drunken dad chased her until he hit her, then another car came and the three cars collided leaving my parents nearer death than life. But the other driver ended up fine.

Lucky.

I wish I was. I kept thinking what would have happened if they had died. Or are going to die. What's going to happen to me and Claire. We have no one. Both grand parents dead and I haven't met any of my other relatives. I guess we would just end up in the system. Orphans.

The doctor approached me. "We are doing all we can to save you're parents. We're gonna take them into surgery later today, and hopefully everything goes fine but we can't tell at this time being. You should just sit back and relax, we'll have more news on your parents' condition soon."

How could I relax?

I sat down in a old hospital chair. Probably hundreds of people had sat there. Waiting. Or relaxing, as the doctor put it.

All these people in the hospital, running, waiting, crying, saving lives, walked before me. I wondered if any of them would notice me. When all of them were drowning in their own problems. People didn't care about others. All they did was care about themselves. Those doctors running around weren't worrying about their patients, they were worrying about getting their paycheck and how they couldn't lose their patients. They had a reputation to think about. Many deaths on a doctors record wasn't very assuring. The crying relatives, crying for their loved one, they were thinking about how their life would be without that person, how they would have to deal with it. How they would feel, how they were supposed to go on without them. The dying patients, well, all they hoped was not to die.

If the most important person in your life is yourself, then why is it worth living.

I'm not saying i'm not exactly like them. I'm just the same.

Suddenly Claire was standing in front of me. She was holding hands with the police officer. She didn't seem to like it. She let go of his hand as soon as she could reach me and jumped into my lap. Her hands were cold as ice. She clenced her arms around my neck and I felt tears slid down her cheeks.

"So, do you have any relatives I can take you too?" the police officer said.

"No."

"Is there nowhere you can go?" I really couldn't go to my so called friends. They hated me at the moment. Only one person got to mind after that.

"Well, there is one person we can probably go to, but can I call her?" I said still holding Claire tightly.

"Yeah sure. Do you have a phone?" I nodded. "Be quick" The police officer left to talk to the doctor and I picked up my phone and dialed the number.

"Hello," Sophia's mother said.

"Hi, This is Ryan Ross."

"Oh, Sophia's friend? I'll give her the phone, wait a sec" I waited as I heard her yell her daughters name. Few second's later Sophia's voice filled my ear.

"Hi Ryan" She said happily.

"Hi, I'm sorta in trouble."

"What?" All happiness disappeared from her voice.

"I'm at the hospital and Claire and I have nowhere to go, I was hoping we could maybe crash at your house tonight? I'll explain everything." I said nervously.

"What? You're at the hospital? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'll explain, but please could you ask your mom if we can stay at your house tonight, we have nowhere to go"

"Yeah Ryan, wait a moment" Few minutes of silence. I looked at my watch, it was eight o'clock already. I guess I had missed track of time long ago.

"Hey Ryan, you still there?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, my mom said you can come, you can stay in our guest bedroom." She said kindly and I wish I was there so I could give her hug. She had just saved our butts.

"Oh Thanks! I owe you one. We'll be there in half an hour."

"No problem. I hope everything is okay. I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

I closed my phone and Claire loosened her hold on my neck so she could face me.

"Who was that? Where are we going?" She said with swollen eyes and a puffy nose.

"To Sophia's, you haven't met her but I can assure you that she is awesome, you'll really like her." I said and smiled at my baby sister.

"Oh, okay." she said and lay her head on my shoulder. I stood up, still holding Claire and walked over to the police officer.

"Hey, I found us a place to stay." I said and nervously looked at the glass window. Nurses were prepping my parents for surgery. I quickly looked away, I couldn't take to see them like that.

"Great, I'll take you there in a moment."

____________________________


For the second time this week I was standing in front of the biggest house I've ever been in. To see the girl I only met a few days ago.

I slowly knocked on the door holding Claire's hand.

"What if she doesn't like me? What if she's mean to me?" She said worriedly.

"Nonsense, Sophia is so nice, she'll probably have dolls for you to play with. Of course she will like you!" I said and smiled at Claire who was biting her nails.

Unsuspectedly the door was open.

"Why, hello again Ryan. And who is that little lady?" Mrs. Carter said.

Claire nervously looked at the pavement and muttered "My name is Claire."

"Well, come on in Claire." She said and opened the door wider to let us in.

Right when I walked in I saw Sophia running down the stairs with a worried look on her face. "Ryan! Are you alright?" She said finally reaching me and hugged me. I took her in my arms and put my hands on her back. The feel of her body so close to mine made me tingle. I was suddenly aware of the stares of her mom and my little sister and quickly let her go.

"Eh, I'll explain everything later." I said and felt my cheeks starting to get red. She looked at me confused and backed away.

"Well, I've made the guest bedroom ready for you guys. Mom I'm gonna take the upstairs" Sophia said and looked at her mother for approval.

"Good, I'll make you guys something to eat. You must be starving." She said and smiled at us.

"Yeah, some food would be well appreciated." I said politely and followed Sophia upstairs. She took us in the opposite direction of her room and led us into a room with one big bed. It was probably a little bigger than my room.

"I hope its okay that there is only one bed,"

"Its fine. I just wanna say how thankful I am for you letting us stay here tonight." I said and sat down on bed.

"Its no problem at all." She smiled at me. She walked over to Claire who was standing in the middle of the room looking at her surroundings. "Hi Claire, I'm Sophia"

"Hi," she said shyly and bit her lip.

"So I was wondering if you would like to play with my old dolls?" Sophia said and smiled kindly at Claire.

Her eyes lit up and a smile appeared on her face.

"Do you have dolls?! I wanna play" she said smiling.

"Well come on then, I'll find them for you." Sophia said and took Claire's hand. "Ryan, come too" I lazily stood up and followed them into Sophia's room.

When we entered Sophia's room I saw a blond haired girl sitting on Sophia's bed. She looked up from a magazine she was reading and looked confused at Sophia.

"Oh yeah. Ryan, this is Sarah, Sarah this is Ryan and Claire." Sophia said.

"Oh Hi, I've heard so much about you" Sarah said and waved at us. I looked confused at Sophia. I couldn't say that I had heard much about her.

"Oh, me too. Nice to meet you" I said politely. She kept smiling at me. I couldn't take it and looked away. Sophia opened what appeared to be another room leading from her room but it was her closet. She disappeared for a second, then walked out with a box in her hands.

"Here Claire, Come, i'll take this into your room so you can play anytime. Ryan you just stay, I'll be right back." Sophia said and exited the room with Claire. Leaving me standing awkwardly on the middle of the floor.

"Come sit." Sarah said after a moment patting the bed beside her. I nervously approached her and sat down. "So I hear you play in a band" She said making small talk. I looked at her, she was smiling at me. You could say she was kinda cute.

"Yeah, I play the guitar" I said smiling back at her.

"Really? That's so cool. I've always wanted to be in a band. Like the singer or something." She said with stars in her eyes. I guess it really was her dream.

"Well, that's uh, great." I said, not really knowing what to say. She just kept smiling at me. Stop, stop, stop it. She had a pretty smile. No she didn't. Hey. Sophia liked some other boy, so Sarah can have a pretty smile and I shouldn't be guilty for thinking she had a pretty smile. Right?

"You have a pretty smile." WHAT did I just say. I guess I had been thinking about it bit to much.

"Oh, uh, thank you" She said shyly. But kept smiling. STOP IT, STOP IT. I was staring at her. I didn't notice it at first but then I saw an uncomfortable look appear on her face and I stopped looking into her eyes. I just started smiling to myself. I have no idea why but that girl just made me wanna smile.

"Yours is not that bad either," she said giggling. I looked up at her and met her smile AGAIN. Stop, stop, stop smiling!

"Sarah, don't you have to go home?"

I quickly turned around and met Sophia's gaze. She was staring not so nicely at Sarah.

"Oh, yeah I really need to get going. Nice meeting you Ryan." That smile again. She then walked out the door leaving me and Sophia alone in the room.

She sat on the bed beside me and her frown turned into a worried smile.

"So what happened?"
Sign up to rate and review this story