Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Paper Heart

Chapter Five

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

elise is rescued

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-29 - Updated: 2007-04-29 - 703 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

Joel Greybell knew where angels were from, and knew how to become one. He had known this ever since his sister had passed away from leukimia. He was only five, and didn't understand. He remembered the very conversation he had with his mom:
"Mom, where did Lizzie go?" he asked. Mrs. Greybell sighed, then answered. "Lizzie went to live with God and the angels, honey." "Oh...but aren't you supposed to do that when you die?" Joel asked. "Yes, sweetie. But this time, angels came down and took Lizzie to live with them, so she could look over us." Mrs. Greybell assured.
Joel rode on his bike down the road, and saw an old red bike laying on it's side next to the memorial sign.
He pulled over and went over to the river. It was only three-fifteen, and in the middle of October, no one should be swimming.
Joel looked over the edge of the hill, and saw a shadow, floating in the water. Joel pulled off his shoes, shirt and jacket and jumped into the river. He swam out to the middle of the water where the shadow was.
Joel grabbed ahold of the body, and before looking to see who it was, he swam back with the body to the shore.
He lightly set the body on the shore, and got up out of the water.
Joel flipped the body over so he could face it. He remembered his C.P.R. classes that his school had tought him.
Joel placed both of his palms on the body's chest, pumped, then pinched it's nose, and blew into the mouth.
After a few tries, the body spit up some water and sat up, confused. Joel got a better look at it, as she sat up and saw who it was. It was his neighbor from the bus stop.
"Oh my God, are you okay?" Joel asked wiping Elise's hair out of her eyes. Elise looked up at him, then looked around her. "Is this heaven?" she asked suprised. "No, you're alive." Joel assured. Elise's face went blank, then began swearing under her breath. "What?" Joel asked confused. "You wanted to die?" Elise looked at him, "Yes!" she shouted, then stood up and ran to the edge of the hill, and screamed furiously. Joel sat there and watched her scream. He got up and walked over to her. When he placed his hand on her shoulder, she knelt down slowly, now sobbing.
"It's okay, but why did you want to die?" Joel asked confused.

"And, today at lunch, they wrote on the wall 'Elise Anderson burns in hell'. Elise explained. Joel nodded, then sighed.
"I'm so sorry," he said. "if it was up to me I'd kill'em."
"No, it's okay. I just wanted to die because, I didn't think this life was worth living anymore if I wouldn't see my Mom, hardly. And being called emo or possessed." Elise explained.
"Well, come on. Let's go, it's getting dark." Joel said taking Elise's hand and helping her get up.
They got on their bikes, and road away back to their neighborhood.

Joel and Elise rode home on their bikes; sopping wet.
"So, what do you like to do in your spare time?" Joel asked.
Elise thought for a moment, then looked up. "Well, I do like to draw and sometimes write songs." Elise answered.
"That's cool. I skateboard and I'm a huge Xbox junkie." Joel chuckeled. Elise giggled, and then smiled.
"Hey, this Friday night there's a dance at my school, would you like to go with me?" Joelasked shyly.
Elise stopped her bike on the side of the road, and stared at him. "Seriously?" she asked. "I mean, the last time I was asked out, he blew me off as a joke."
"No, I'm serious. I'd like to take you, and I'd like you to meet my friends." Joel assured. "But if you already have plans, it's okay." "No, I don't have plans. It's just.....wow." Elise said. "I just attempted to commit suicide and now you're asking me out?"
"Well yeah, but is that a crime?" Joel asked.
Elise shook her head, "No, I'd love to go with you."
Sign up to rate and review this story