Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sing for Absolution

Tiptoe to Your Room/A Starlight in the Gloom

by akissforjersey09 1 review

Some unexpected visitors drop by that potentially endanger Killian's life...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 2338 words

0Unrated
I waited until the halls were silent, and I quietly opened my door, slipping through the little space and closing it quickly and quietly. I had been doing this every night since the night I first went to Frank's room. It was always difficult to judge what time I could leave because no matter how far they were, it didn't always mean they couldn't hear my movement; I was pracitcally the only person that made nosie when I walked or moved.

When I finally reached his room, I slowly opened the door and pushed it closed to see Frank lying on the bed. His perfection was hidden underneath the covers as he pretended to be asleep. "Is that a bad joke to make me feel inferior since you don't sleep?" I asked, my voice full of sarcasm.

"It might be, you never know," he said, pulling the covers a little underneath his chin and smirking.

Once I sat on the bed, he pulled me closer to him, his cold, blue lips crashing down on mine. I couldn't believe that this was something I'd done quite often this whole week. Was it possible this angel was meant for me? Was it possible that I was maybe destined to find him?

Just as things began to get heavier again, and the same movie from the first kiss my first night here began to play, a loud bang resounded through the empty corridor. I looked at Frank alarmed, my pulse beating faster in my ears and my hands shaking with every deep gasp I made. Frank didn't look at me, but curiously moved off of the bed and to the door.


This really wasn't happening right? Just beacuse there was a loud bang doesn't really mean that they're here right? I was praying more than hoping that I was just jumping to invalid and elusive conclusions.

I slowly and cautiously opened the door, my senses more alert than normal if I was in a room with Killian. I looked into the empty and now dark corridor, a shimmering light just ahead. "Shit," I muttered silently to myself. Only a moment later Killian was at my side, her eyes wandering to the shimmering light.

"What's that?" she asked, her voice kind of confused and her emotions trapped. She obviously didn't know how she should react.

"That's the last thing we need here," I said quickly.


I stared at Frank with confusion. What did he mean by that? The shimmering light seemed to get closer and closer to us and Frank finally grabbed my arm roughly, pulling me behind him.

"Frank...where are we going?" I asked, not bothering to hide the frantic state of my voice. I was totally confused with what was going on, and he wasn't answering any of my questions. I looked back to see the shimmering light bouncing toward us at a faster pace, as Frank quickened his steps, leading me through the similar corridors until we found a large wooden and iron clad door. There was a seal on it. It had what looked like a Raven swallowing a snake with the words 'Immortalis, fedelitas, Veneratio' written on a scroll just beneath the Raven's feet. Frank pulled me through the door and closed it behind us.

It was quiet for a moment, almost too quiet. The silence pressed against the door and almost made it feel like it was right up agains the door, and suddenly loud crashes and bangs surrounded the room and I dropped from Frank's grasp and onto the floor, sheilding my ears from the loud noise. I buried my face into the soft rug, not bothering to notice that it was old and smelled of mold. Frank moved closer and placed his arms around me, hovering over me. And just as soon as it started, it stopped and a bright light filled the room, and wind began to burst forth from the light.

I slowly stood up to see a decrepit, and decayed THING in front of me. It could've been a person, but it didn't look like it. I stared into a blank void that should've been eyes, and the supposed skin ashen grey and looking like a corpse that had rotted in its grave. The longer I looked at it, the more it felt like I was fading away, and almost like I hadn't been listening before now, Frank shouted at me.

"Killian, stop looking at it!" he shouted, grasping for my hand, but suddenly it was gone and a sharp cry sounded through the room. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't look away. Just as I felt the ground beneath me, the whole room faded to black and the light died away.

I finally awoke in a room with a great oak desk, nicely furnished and had the candles dimly burning in the backgorund. I quickly sat up, and stood on my feet, looking at Frank and Bob and then three vampires I remembered from the dinner. The one with dark black hair moved forward first. "You should sit back down," he said, pushing my shoulders down, ultimately making me sit once more.

I looked at him and then looked to Frank. "Frank...what was that?"

Frank looked away from me, while the vampire that was nearest me, smiled. "Close your eyes dear. You're tired and you need rest."

I unwillingly lied back and quickly was taken into a dream.


"What were you doing in the same room with her, let alone you're room?" Gerard asked, his voice gaining edge as he looked at me with furious eyes.

I never did answer. "You do know how much trouble we could've gotten in and how much we still can get in?" Ray asked, his voice diplomatic, calm, and measured. With time, his finesse grew.

"What are we going to tell her? We can't keep knocking her out like that. She needs to know. This invovles her just as much as it involves us," I said, looking up at the three elite vampires. Elijah still hadn't gotten back, so the worst of my actions still go unsolved.

"She will. She will know when Elijah feels it is necessary," Mikey said, looking at Killian.

"But she was attacked tonight! Is that not necessary to tell her the truth and the reason she was even brought into this world?" I asked outraged. I was done trying to make it seem like she was here for convenience, because she wasn't. She was here to benefit a prophecy that is almost unspoken of anymore. The prophecy was said to have died hundreds of years ago.

"Frank, I know your frustration, but Elijah's plan cannot be ruined," Ray finally said.

Finally I could feel Elijah was approaching the room, and just a moment later he was walking into the room, a stern look on his face. "Frank, come with me," he said.

I obeyed and followed him out of the room, his robes whipping wildly behind him as he walked at a fast pace to the drawing room.

"I believe I gave you specific orders to not have relations with that human girl Frank. After tonight, I'm not exactly sure what you want Frank. I'm not exactly sure if you want to be in this clan, or you want a death sentence. What you did tonight was completely wreckless and might I add, I had to make promises to ensure that no one comes after you in response to what you've done," Elijah said, his words rushed and angered, but still fluid and calm.

"I'm sorry Elijah. You know my sensitivity to blood...you know I suffer grately from her. I'm sorry," I said, my voice sounding small and quiet.

"You are absolved Frank. But please do heed this warning: I will not save you the next time it happens."

"Can I explain to Killian? She'll be asking questions once she's coherent," I said, trying to look away from him.

"I don't know if it is wise to tempt yourself by being around her, but if you feel it is necessary, I will not stop you," he said.

Elijah moved out of the room, leaving me there with only my thoughts.


I woke up in the same room, looking around and not finding Frank. I only saw the guy that sat at the head of the table when I attended dinner. He was staring at me and I was getting slightly uncomfortable, the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Frank is waiting for you in the drawing room," he said, his hand motioning towards the door.

I took that as my cue to leave and I rushed out of the room, literally feeling my way to the drawing room.

Frank sat there, quiet and still, looking around the walls. I stared at him for a moment, not sure if this was a bad time, but then remembered the guy said he was waiting for me. I moved into the room and only one step into the room and he was already looking back at me, no smile awaiting on his face, not trace of sarcasm or life. His face was dead and emotionless.

"Frank...tell me what happened to me. I demand to know what the hell that was!" I said firmly, trying to pretend like I had no emotions at all.

"You were just attacked by one of the few Untouchables that can co-exist in our world," Frank said, looking at me quickly before returning his gaze to a painting somewhere behind me.

"What?"

"An Untouchable is a restless spirit. They can neither pass nor regress. They're enemies of ours mainly because we are dead like them, but we aren't as decayed and ugly as they are. They have all the power of what your kind call the "supernatural world", even if they are the smallest group in every world they rule. They have the ability to suck the life from the living and therefore when they signed a pact, they were forced to stay out of the human world," Frank said.

"Wow...I'm not following."

"Back in the 1700s, the battles between vampires, the Untouchables and Vampire Hunters was becoming wreckless and harmful to everyone, even the innocent humans that had nothing to do with the quarrell. In our history we called it the Letum era. Letum in Latin means anihliation or ruin. Vampire Hunters were killing vampires off, while vampires were killing the Untouchabels off, while the Untouchables would sometimes pair up with Vampire Hunters to kill us. It was a rough time for all of us. Finally some of us were finsihed and wanted there to be a pact put in place to ensure that there were balances that needed to be kept to bring order and existance back to all of our kinds. So finally at the end of the 1800s, the Untouchables, Vampire Hunters, and us of course, worked together to make a pact called the Victus pact. Victus in Latin means manner of life, or nourishment. Are you still with me?" he asked.

I took a few moments before nodding, directing him to continue.

"The Untouchables stay away from our world as long as we stay out of the human world only to feed, and we must only feed on humans that are dying. Vampire Hunters were to stay away from our world unless a vampire has violated the pact. Vampires are to stay away from the Untouchables' world as long as they stay out of our world AND the human world. Also humans were not allowed in our world or the Untouchables' world, and there I have breached a pact...well all of us have."

"Why did you bring me here if it violated the pact?"

"There was a prophecy that one of the acients of our world had said that there would be a human that would be born. The human would hold a key that would start another time period of violence between our kind, Vampire Hunters and the Untouchables. On top of all of that, the ancient predicted that we'd prevail. The prophecy has already started to embody itself. Vampire Hunters are purposefully killing themselves, letting vampires bite them, all so that they can kill us from within. Elijah has been following his prophecy for centuries and it finally pointed to your family. We first were going to go for your mother, but when we heard she passed the key down to you when you left for college, my mission was then to get you. You're a bit more special than the other humans...you have a power unlike any other human." Frank said, his eyes now burning into me.

"If I'm so special, why did the Untouchable only see me as a regular human?" I asked.

"Because the Untouchables and Vampire Hunters don't see the prophecy as being real. It was predicted a long time ago, why would they want to believe it? They called it our propaganda."

My mind whirrled with all the thoughts, and I sighed deeply. Frank stood up quickly and I followed suit, my hands locking around him in a hug...I needed a hug right about now. But Frank wouldn't hug back. He became stiff and slightly pushed me away. When my confusion registered with him, he sighed, looking away. "I can't. It's against so many other rules to have relations with humans."

"But you didn't have a problem with it earlier!" I yelled, getting frustrated.

"Well you didn't get attacked by an Untouchable and I didn't kill one earlier did I?" he shouted back.

"What?"

"When you passed out I killed it. But because of what Elijah had to do to keep anyone from coming after me. It's better if we just ended it here."

And with that said, he quickly swept out of the room, leaving me there with the shards of my heart lying on the floor. Who knew this would begin to be the end?

Sign up to rate and review this story