Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everything happens for a reason

Substitutes suck

by MyChemPrincess77 3 reviews

hey today we had a sub and i came up with some ideas.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 1001 words

0Unrated
The next day was cloudy cold depressing weather. I threw my hood up as I ran from my dad's car and into the building, trying not to ruin the bottoms of my jeans.
I swung the door open, feeling instant heat rush to me. I sided off my hood and walked in the hall, with my shoes squeaking being the loudest thing in the hall. I bounced upstairs and threw my bag in my locker, quickly running into Language Arts. Omg im so late.
I breathed out in relief as I saw there was no teacher in the room. I quickly moved through all the boys who were throwing chalk and life savers across the room, getting to my seat. I put my stuff away and started playing with my earrings, making it look like I was sitting there innocent the entire time. Suddenly everyone rushed to their seat, and I kept my eyes on Gerard as he sat there in the back, pushing pieces of chalk back and forth with his pencil.
The worst substitute teacher ever walked in, looking around the room with her creepy ice colored eyes. Her name was Mrs.Lucus, and she was a scary 100 year old lady. She was very tall, pale skin with almost no hair, penciled eyebrows that went up so high, and you couldn't even tell if she was looking up or down. She didn't even wear a bra.
I shivered at the sight of her. Everyone always took substitutes as an excuse to do anything but work during class, and that is how I nearly got threatened by her last year. It went like this:

I was in sixth grade, and I had library right after math on Friday. I sat there in the back with Carissa, a girl who I knew a little bit from fifth grade. Anyways, on Friday, my teacher always gave out these stupid worksheets where you had to write out the multiplication tables 3 thru 12 four times each. Library was the class where you got to do homework, so I was sitting there doing that secretly while Mrs.Lucus was yelling at everyone to do a crossword puzzle. I hate crossword puzzles, so I decided to get that math homework done. I was whizzing by the five tables when the paper was rudely slipped from under my arm. I looked up to see Mrs.Lucus, standing there right behind me.
"Why are you doing this?" she asked with her horrible voice. I just stared at her, not wanting to talk.
"Im asking you a question! Why aren't you doing the crossword puzzle like I said?" she yelled. A few people snickered and I felt heat rush to my face.
"I--" I stammered before she folded her arms impatiently. I really wanted to start yelling and swearing, telling her that I didn't want to do a firkin gay crossword puzzle. Before I knew it she started asking me who my teacher was. Feeling scared that she would run off and report this to her, I wanted to lie. Say that I had my friend's teacher instead. I almost did, but the words of my actual teacher spilled out.
"Mrs.Goodwin," I spilled.
"Heh. Im going to have a talk with her, and tell her that you were doing your homework during class." She walked away. I felt like I had been threatened with my grade. I already had a 76 semi average.
I turned to Carissa, who was smiling in her bitchy way.
"Ooh, you better ask for that back before she really tells Mrs. Goodwin," she suggested laughing. I just looked down at my book, resisting to tell her to shut the f* up.


end flashback

I now sat there, waiting for the attendance paper to come around. I pretended to read a paper about Chlorophyll. Suddenly I heard whispering from Connor and Frank, then frank yelled out, "Chlorophyll? More like boaraphyll!"
The class, including me, burst out laughing. We were instantly calmed when she shushed us, and I continued reading. I hear a few giggles as the attendance sheet got passed around. I wonder what it is now, I thought, waiting for something funny. I looked up when the sheet landed on top of my book, and I instantly turned my attention to it, trying hard not to laugh.

Attendance sheet:

Elvis
Johnny Depp was here
Miranda go out with me!!
Hey, Mrs.Lucus can you spare me a bra?
:)
the gay parade was here
put the lime in the coconut
Marilynn Monroe
im with Stupid
Kelly Clarkson
guys stopp sniffing coke
This class sucks
Go F* urself Mrs.Lucus
Riana Foster is a bitch
latin sucks


I stopped scanning when I came to that one. I know Gerard wrote it; I was the last one to receive this. I was the only one who put my actual name on it. I dreaded the thought of walking up and handing it to her personally. The memory of last year played repeatedly in my head as I walked up to her and quickly handed it to her. I tried not to look at her face and quickly dashed back to my seat, where I continued reading.
Moments later I heard something small clink on my desk. I lowered my book and peered over it, seeing a small paperclip sitting there. I heard snickering over from where Gerard, Frank and Connor sat. I glared at them, causing them to laugh harder. I continued reading.
When I looked up to check the time I saw Gerard leaning in front of my desk.
"Hey, im sorry Frank threw that at you," he whispered, picking it off my desk. I couldn't find my voice, but I just nodded in understanding. I thought that was really sweet. The rest of the class was foggy; the only thing I could focus on was that moment of Gerard right up to me, whispering.

--------------------------

all of this stuff happened to me.
srry its kinda a filler
Sign up to rate and review this story