Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 18

by Gangsta_Girl 15 reviews

He lent out his hand and pulled me up to my feet. "Ryan, you just have no idea." I managed to slip from my throat.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-06 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 2848 words

1Moving
A/N: Whoa! Change of the point of view? ORLY? Haha. Thought a change was in order, considering the story is coming to a close. No, it's not the last chapter. Damn me and my details. Haha. Well, I hope it's what you were (and weren't) expecting. I love you all!

Brendon's P.O.V.

"Damn it! Why can't I get this tie right?! What the-" I threw the silk bow tie furiously. "-FUCK!?"

I heard a knock through the door's rigid frame. "Come in." The door eased open revealing the last person I wanted to see. "Kelsey?"

She backed up against the door, shutting it. "Yeah." She said weakly.

"What are you doing here?" I said as I turned back to my reflection in the mirror.

"I have to talk to you."

"What could you possibly have to say to me? We're through remember?" I spit viciously.

"We weren't through a few months ago. Or don't you remember?" I remained still, clenching my teeth.

"Let me remind you, shall I?" She continued. "It was a few months ago. You and your little girlfriend weren't talking and you were lonely-" She ambled up towards me trailing her finger around my shoulders and back as she circled my frame.

"-Shut up."

"And who was there to ease your troubled little soul, huh?" She batted her long lashes at me.

"Shut UP!"

"No, Brendon. I think your future wife should know about your little one night stand. Don't you?"

"Why are you doing this to me? Especially now?"

"Revenge, Brendon Urie. Revenge. You dumped me, called me up for a fuck and then left me again for that bitch."

"Don't you call her that. You don't know her."

"Then maybe I should. I'm sure she'd be dying to know the real Brendon."

"I've never lied to her."

"Sure, but you weren't completely honest, were you?"

I finally turned towards her, a mask of anger covering up my vulnerability and guilt. She shuffled closer, her high heels clicking against the hard floor.

She brought a finger across my cheek bone. "I know you still want me." She lightly licked my ear lobe before giggling devilishly as she nodded towards the far wall. "Just like old times."

I moved away from her. "No. I don't want you. I want Raquel. I asked her to marry me. I love her." I stated affirmably.

"You loved her when you fucked me before, so what's the difference?"

"I wasn't together with her when I made the mistake of being with you. She's my fiancée now. That's the difference."

She placed her hands against my chest. "Don't tell me, you don't miss me. I know she doesn't do all the things I used to do to you."

"What you did to me? Let's see." I counted on my fingers. "Cheat on me, lie, backstab..."

"And yet, you still called me up when you were horny on tour." She dragged her hands down against my torso.

"That was ONE fucking time."

"And your point?" She licked her bottom lip seductively before feigning a pout and sliding her hands against my crotch.

"You know what?" I pushed her off of me. "No. There's no point. I was a dumb ass but that doesn't take away from the fact that you're a no good whore!" She remained silent. "See, you can't even deny that shit, Kelsey."

"The only whore here is you. I know I wasn't the only one you hooked up with during your pathetic depression stint." She snapped vehemently.

"Get out... GET THE FUCK OUT!" I shouted, pointing at the door.

She sashayed out of the room, unaffected. I leaned against the wall and slumped down to my knees. "Fuck." I breathed through my fingers as I cradled my face in my hands.

--- --- ---

-"Dude, you okay? Brendon?" I looked up at Ryan, dressed in his tuxedo. "Fuck, man. You look like shit. What happened?" He asked, making a face.

"Kelsey," I choked out.

He lent out his hand and pulled me up to my feet. "Ryan, you just have no idea." I managed to slip from my throat.

"What? She came up here trying to seduce you and ruin this wedding?"

"She came up here trying to- Hey, how did you know?"

"I met up with her already. Don't worry. Jon ran her ass up out of here. Hilarious, to say the least."

"Good ol' Jon." I smiled.

"Yeah... So, how come you're not ready? The wedding's gonna start in a few minutes."

My eyes widened. "What?! I must have lost track of time. Shit!"

Ryan bent down and picked my tie up off the floor. "C'mere. Let me fix your tie for you, Bren."

"Thanks Ry."

"No problem." He grinned as he adjusted the bow around my neck.

--- --- ---

I ran a finger inside my collar, trying to stretch out the tight fabric around my neck. "Where is she Spence?" I whispered beside me.

He leaned in. "I dunno."

"Ryan?" I peered over in his direction.

"Jon went to go get her."

"She's late." I stated.

"We know!" They replied in unison.

The outside breeze swiftly blew across my face. The ceremony (non-denominational) was out in the desert. Okay, not completely uninhabitable. It was a bit out of the way from the hotel where we were holding the reception and had gotten ready at. She insisted upon a small get together, but with my contacts, it didn't end up being that way.

I stepped up in front of the fold up chairs, full of our loved ones and waved my arms to get their attention. "Hi. Hello, everyone. I'm not sure exactly where my fiancée is. Runaway bride anyone?" Laughter. "But, uh... we'll just take a moment to take a quick break so we can get the wedding under way, alright?" I feigned a believable smile and tried to make my way down the aisle to find Raquel.

The pit of my stomach felt like it was being twisted like a soaking dish rag. I had the worst feeling that Kelsey had talked to her. A hand wrapped around my wrist.

-"Now, I know you're not just gonna pass by me and not say hello."

"Hey, William."

He ran a hand through his full brown hair and grinned sleepily. "I know I never got to tell you earlier but... congrats."

"Thanks. Sorry, to cut this short, but I better get going." I spoke with my hands. "I'll see you at the reception?" I added, trying not to be as rude as I sounded.

"Sure." He replied before turning to his side and saying something to Mike.

I cut through the sandy plane and leaped over the hotel shrubbery to the entrance. I bumped my chest against a statuesque figure suddenly and landed on my ass.

I rubbed my hip and looked up. "Jon?" I stumbled to my feet. "Did you find Raquel? What'd she say? Did Kelsey talk to her? Is she still gonna marry me? Where is she? Did she-"

"Stop with the twenty questions, Brendon." He chuckled softly. "Okay, let's see. Yes. Nothing really. I'm not certain. I'm pretty sure and she's in the hotel. That cover it?"

"Yeah, thanks. Can I see her?"

"Um...let me think about it." He pursed his lips. "No." He said without hesitation. "Are you insane? You're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding."

"You did!" I stated, offended.

He pointed to his polished tuxedo jacket. "I'm not the groom. Although I should be. I mean, look at me." He joked.

I punched him in the arm playfully. "Whatever." A stroke of revelation hit me. "Wait. You said you're not sure if Kelsey talked to her?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, it's possible. That sneaky bitch is capable of anything. But don't worry, Zach and I took care of it. She won't be bothering us the rest of the wedding." He cut his hand through the air horizontally with a movement of his wrist.

"Okay..." I swiped my tongue across my dry bottom lip. "I'm gonna head back. Can you please tell Raquel that the wedding is starting and to come on? Please?"

"'Course." Jon slapped my shoulder with his large palm. "It'll be fine, Brendon." He added soothingly.

--- --- ---

"Do you need an inhaler or something?" Spencer quipped.

"No. I'm- I'm fine. I just- Fuck, it's hot. Are you hot? I'm- I-"

"Chill." He motioned for me to breathe with him. "Inhale. Exhale." He instructed.

"Where is she?" I blurted, tired of the pointless breathing exercises.

"You asked that 13 seconds ago!" Ryan snapped finally.

"You counted?" Spencer asked.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter. Get a grip, man!" Ryan told me.

Ryan and Spencer were both at my side. I couldn't have just one best man. Jon was one too, but his duties were currently being pertained to getting Raquel the hell over here.

I went though every single nervous habit of mine while I waited impatiently. "Finally." I mouthed.

Jon gave me a thumbs up from the last row of seats before descending to his designated position. Ryan and Spencer nodded at Jon's signal and went to accompany the bridesmaids.

Spencer's sisters were first, as the flower girls. Tossing petals of marigolds and lilies, the flowers swirled in the breeze magically, landing perfectly upon the path.

Ryan hooked arm in arm with Chelsea came down soon after, followed by Spencer and his girlfriend. They walked through and parted at the front, going on either side. I took a deep breath as the wedding anthem began to play hauntingly.

Jon held Raquel's arm in his. She looked stunning. The white gown was strapless, perfectly adorned to her every proportion. The lace and intricate beading reflected off the sunlight couldn't compare to how gorgeous she looked walking towards me. She had the thin mesh veil over her face but her pure smile could be seen from miles away.

Jon handed Raquel over to me, but not before kissing her gently on the cheek. Jon looked almost on the verge of tears. He always was a softy. I nodded appreciatively before he went to accompany Ryan and Spencer.

She faced me and interlaced her small nimble fingers with mine, trembling against my own. Or was it mine that were shaking? My heart was so full, I'm sure it would have burst. "You look beautiful." I whispered strongly.

She simply smiled and mouthed an "I love you".

"I love you too."

--- --- ---

-"You may now kiss the bride."

A chorus of hollers and whoops erupted. "Kiss her, kiss her!"

She smiled at me, her eyes glistening as I lifted the veil from her face. I leaned in, the smell of her sweet perfume meeting my nose as I melded my lips against hers. We parted and turned towards the guests, greeted with a resounding standing ovation.

Jon stepped up and used his larger than life voice. "I give you Mr. and Mrs. Brendon Urie!"

We walked down the aisle, fingers tightly wound together, finally recognized as man and wife. We almost got through before she stopped suddenly. I paused and studied her face, following her eyes to what she was looking at: her mother.

I let go of Raquel's hand and trotted over to her mother and embraced her in a hug. "I'm so glad you could make it, Mrs. Diaz."

"Thank you, Brendon." She said softly, tears quaintly dousing her cheeks as she hugged me back.

I looked back at Raquel, frozen in her stance. I took her hand. "C'mon," I whispered, taking her towards her mother.

"Mom-" She began to say before her mahogany eyes welled with tears. Her mother wrapped her arms around Raquel and they just stood there, lost in their emotional embrace. They didn't have to utter a word. All was forgiven. All was right again.

I beamed at the sight of Raquel and her mother reuniting. Raquel moved over and gave a tight hug to her brother, Marcos. "I'm so glad you're here."

He wiped his cheek of her lipstick print. "Yeah, well..." He smiled crookedly, not able to hide his love for his sister.

"You guys are staying for the reception, right?"

"Of course, Sweetie." Her mother kissed her cheek and smiled.

Raquel snatched my hand back up and we walked back into the hotel. She guided me to where our reception was being held. There, she stopped and turned around to face me. "How did you manage to-"

"-Convince your mother to come to the wedding?"

"Yes."

"Well, I've been calling her off and on during the time we've been living together. I had a nice one-on-one talk with her right before I met up with you and Spencer at the store."

"So, that's why you didn't tell me where you were that day?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

"This is probably the part where I ask you to tell me all the details, but it doesn't matter. I can't believe you won her over. That's no easy feat. You're amazing, you know that?" She kissed me softly. "You've made me the happiest girl in the world."

--- --- ---

Ryan clinked his fork against his wine glass and cleared his throat dramatically. "Alright. Can I get your attention?" He lifted the hourglass shape. "I'd like to propose a toast." He nodded over to me and Raquel. "Spencer and Jon promoted me to give the toast and I actually had something written down, but who knows where I misplaced it." He chuckled. "Uh... let's see. I just want to wish you both the best. You two deserve it. Especially you, Raquel. How the hell you put up with that knucklehead is beyond me. To the bride and groom." He winked at her and raised his glass a little higher before tipping the wine to meet his lips.

The wedding party mimicked his action. "To the bride and groom." They repeated.

After the toasts and well-wishes and the most extensive (vegetarian) array of hors d'oeuvres and the most delicious mouth watering chocolate wedding cake it was time to dance. No pun intended. Did I mention the cake was fucking amazing? Well, it was.

"Where's the band?" Raquel whispered in my ear as she drew circles on my thigh under the table. "Who's playing anyway? You did manage to find someone right?"

"Of course. I do work in the music industry." I said, shoveling the last of the moist cake into my mouth.

"Like I didn't know that." She giggled.

"So...who is it?" I didn't have a chance to reply to her before the tapping of the mic on the stage lost our concentration.

A very sleek Pete Wentz had taken the stage, accompanied by Andy, Patrick, and Joe. Patrick and Joe threw their guitars around their neck as Andy discarded his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves after he sat behind his drum set.

"I was honored when Brendon asked us to play at his wedding. Although, you'd think it'd be the other way around." He laughed. "But seriously, I'm happy for the two of you. You've shown me that love can happen to anyone. Even the likes of Brendon Urie. Congratulations." He stepped back and turned towards his band mates to engage in their high-five ritual. He strapped on his bass and moved to the right side of the stage as Patrick stepped up to the center.

Andy started off the tempo to the all familiar beat of Dance, Dance. Raquel looked completely flabbergasted. I don't think she fully realized the extent to which my celebrity reached and, honestly, I hadn't thought about it before until I started surveying the crowding dance floor. I shook my head at Travie doing the signature move from the music video.

Raquel stood up and smoothed out her dress before taking my hand and dragging me up out of my seat. "Let's dance, baby." She said. I only obliged too happily.

"Me and you setting in a honeymoon.... If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you..." Patrick sang, ending Fall Out Boy's set.

I twirled Raquel one last time before walking her back to our seat. "Wait. Where are you going? Aren't you going to sit?" She asked, confused.

"No." I said simply. "I'll be right back."

I ran up the steps to the stage. "Ryan, Jon, Spence? Can you come up here please?" I questioned into the mic.

They excused themselves with a bit of hesitation and came up to my side. I backed away from the mic stand and congregated with the three of them.

"What are you up to Brendon?" Spencer inquired, scratching the back of his neck as Jon and Ryan looked on with looks of bewilderment.

"Just trust me on this."

A/N No. 2: Okay, now we all know where this is heading. And you can help me on this... what song do you think he should sing/play? ANY and ALL songs are up for grabs as long as they're relevant. Just stick it in your review. ;) TY.
Sign up to rate and review this story