Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 19 *The End*

by Gangsta_Girl 10 reviews

Brendon Urie in a towel...need I say more?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-26 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 2341 words

0Unrated
A/N: Thank you for those that reviewed and gave me their song suggestions. They were all great. I went in a different direction though. Also, I realized the song actually matched the story. Kudos to the person that can find why. :)

Brendon's P.O.V.

"Wait, Brendon." Jon put his hand on my shoulder after hearing what I had to say. "You don't need all of us."

"Sure I do."

"No. You don't," Spencer agreed. "All you need is someone to play the acoustic guitar."

"I guess." I scratched a spot on my head behind my ear.

"It'll be fine. We'll still be your moral support." Jon smiled. "Just over in our seats." He chuckled. "It'll be great."

"You think?"

"God, Bren. You sound just like you did when Pete was coming to see us. Don't be nervous. Just sing your little Mormon heart out." Ryan let out a laugh. "It'll be fine."

"Alright. Thanks guys." I called after Jon and Spencer as they went back to their tables.

Ryan scrambled and brought up a stool from the back and placed it before the other mic stand near mine. After grabbing the acoustic guitar he hopped up onto the wooden structure and strummed a few notes to make sure it was tuned. He looked up to me and gave a slight head gesture to signal that he was ready.

I took a deep breath and placed both hands around the curve of the microphone pole. "I just want to say thank you. All of you. For coming to our wedding. We really appreciate it."

-"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" William's voice shot out, slightly slurred. The rest of TAI laughed along with him and raised their glasses in salute.

I smiled and tried to get my mind set back to the lines I memorized earlier but found I couldn't. I chuckled nervously. "I wanted to come up here and just say how much Raquel means to me and how lucky I am to have her as my wife...but we all know I'm not that good with words."

-"So sing it then!" Shaant smirked at me from beneath his messy fringe.

"Maybe I will." I grinned. "Now I've never sung this in front of anyone before so...let's hope I don't butcher it." I gulped down. "It's Stellar by Incubus." I let out a breath, it's volume maximized by the mic. "Well, here goes..."

Ryan strummed lightly, picking the notes with his nimble fingers. I closed my eyes for a moment and opened them, focusing on the sole person I wanted to feel the lyrics.

"Meet me in outer space.
We could spend the night, watch the earth come up.
I've grown tired of that place, won't you come with me?
We could start again.
How do you do it, make me feel like I do?
How do you do it, its better than I ever knew..."


I rocked lightly on my heels as I listened to Ryan's small solo. The lights dimmed and a spotlight leaked itself onto the stage, shrouded in the silence of the audience.

"Meet me in outer space.
I will hold you close, if you're afraid of heights.
I need you to see this place, it might be the only way.
That I can show you how, it feels to be inside of you.
How do you it, make me feel like I do?
How do you do it, its better than I ever knew.
How do you do it, make me feel like I do?"


My eyes never left hers.

"You are stellar.
You are stellar."


I could taste every note on the tip of my tongue as I serenaded her. The feeling was overwhelming. I don't think I've ever sang so honestly before.

"How do you it, make me feel like I do?
How do you do it, its better than I ever knew.
How do you do it, make me feel like I do?
How do you do it, make me feel like I do?"


I finished and the crowd erupted in cheers and standing ovations. I let out an embarrassed laugh. "Thank you." I turned back to Ryan "Thanks, buddy."

Ryan smirked lightly. "Nah, man. Thank you." He placed the guitar back to it's resting place before accompanying me down the stage steps.

"For what?"

"Are you kidding? Chelsea is so emotional with all this wedding stuff..."

"Why does this sound so familiar?" I looked up to the side in thought.

"Wedding Crashers, my friend. Now, don't think I'm taking advantage. No. No, I'm merely taking the opportunity given." He smiled at Chelsea. "She so wants me." He licked his lips and looked back at me. "So, if you don't see me-"

"-I won't wait up. Don't worry." I swung Ryan into a hug. "I'll catch you later."

--- --- ---

Regular P.O.V.

"Brendon, can you believe all these gifts? I mean, c'mon!" I tied another stuffed trash bag, full of wrapping paper and cardboard, up.

He put our new coffee maker into the bottom cupboard in the kitchen. "I love free stuff." He grinned.

"Me too, but we have to make all these thank you cards and I don't even think I remember half of the guests names- thank you Mr. Panic! At The Disco- and I doubt that I can even recall who gave us what and-"

"It's okay, Rocky. No big deal."

"Mmhmm. Right." I smiled at him.

"What?" He asked leaning his back against the kitchen counter, arms folded over his chest.

"Nothing." I giggled. "Alright, I think I'm done unpacking our wedding presents for now. How about you?"

"Yeah." He stretched his arms above his head before releasing them back down. "So...about that honeymoon?"

"Brendon, it hasn't even been 24 hours since we got married and already you're thinking about that?"

"Well, yeah." He shrugged. "I'm a guy." He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my torso. "A guy who can't wait to spend a few weeks -all alone- with his wife."

I grinned. He always knew the right words to say. I snuggled into him and placed my head against his chest. He folded his arms tighter around me and held me close. I peered up. "What time is it?"

"Um...about 8?" He looked over at the microwave's digital clock. "8:42."

I removed myself from his embrace and went out into our balcony. After judging the temperature for a moment I entered back inside. "Let's go for a walk."

--- --- ---

"Wow, it's really nice tonight, isn't it?"

I sat down on the old park swing. "It's perfect."

He placed his hands on the thick chains of the swing over mine for a moment before resting them on the small of my back. He pushed me on the swing lightly, humming softly.

"What are you singing?"

"I'm not singing anything."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you /humming/?"

"Just a little something Ryan's been working on. It's not finished or anything."

"Can I hear it?" He sang softly, just loud enough for me to hear. "Wow, it sounds beautiful."

"Hopefully, once he finalizes the lyrics and we can agree on the composition of the music..."

"It'll be fine." I added to his words trailing off in the warm night's breeze.

"You know that we're probably going to have to go and really focus on the album, right?" He said cautiously.

"Yeah. Weren't you saying that there's a cabin up in the mountains you can go to?"

"Mmhmm. But I don't think I can bear to be without you for that long." He pouted.

"Me neither. But taking my fan-girly love for your music into consideration, I want- No, I need you to go." I smiled.

"I forgot you were my number one fan."

"Oh, you forgot, did you?" I teased.

"Remind me?" He turned to the front of the swing after halting me and crouched down.

I lent in and kissed him sweetly, sucking lightly on his bottom lip. He smiled and stood back up. "C'mon, we better head back. It's getting late." He started to walk away but I jumped onto his back.

He gripped around my knees as I rested my arms loosely around him. He trudged all the way to the house, without a single complaint... Well, except when he got to the stairs, of course.

We entered the house and instantly Brendon went to go flick on the lights.

"Stop it!"

He put his hands up. "What'd I do?"

"Leave the lights off."

"Er....why?"

"It's a rule."

"Since when?"

"Since I just said so- right now."

"And just why are we not turning on the lights?"

"Because everything's better in the dark, Bren. You know that." I smiled, making my way to our room.

He jumped onto the bed and pounced on me, crashing his lips against mine as soon as gravity allowed it.

I ran my hands beneath his shirt, softly caressing the sides of his torso, looking into his eyes. "I love you, Brendon." I whispered.

"I love you too, baby." He kissed me again. "I love you so much." He laid his head on my chest.

I fingered his brown hair until he fell asleep. I smiled, content. How did I get so lucky? Nothing could ruin this for me...

--- --- ---

I awoke the next morning and turned to my side, to view the most beautiful pair of brown eyes encased in red glasses.

"Hey, sexy." He grinned from beside the couch. "I was wondering if you-" He was cut off by the sound of my phone. "-Hold on. I'll get it." He hastily trotted to the sound. He paused. "Where is your phone?"

"It should be on the dining room table." I shrugged. "I think."

The ring tone died out and a beep alerted that a voicemail was left. "Ah, here it is." He picked it up. "I don't know this number, babe." He called out to me, focusing on the screen.

"Just check the voicemail and see who it was."

He placed the phone to his ear and listened. His face remained grave. He bit the inside of his lip and pressed 'end'.

I sat up fully on the couch. "Who was it, Sweetie?"

"Um... a doctor Santiago? Something about confirming your appointment?" He slowly picked up his eyes from the phone. "Do you need to tell me something?" His voice reeked of worry.

/Fuck/. "N-no." I stammered, winding a small strand of hair around my index finger.

He placed my phone solemnly back on the table and let out a brief sigh. "Please, don't lie to me." He came back over and sat down on the sofa.

I gulped down softly. "You're right. I should have told you..." I looked into his eyes. "I was scared."

He smirked lightly. "Scared of what? I love you. Nothing could take that away."

"I know. It's just-" I could feel my eyes begin to water. I shut them for a moment before continuing, not wanting to break down. "I went to see the doctor a few weeks ago."

"For what?"

"I thought I might be pregnant." He remained silent. "Please say something." I pleaded, taking his hand in mine, rubbing the soft skin with my thumb.

"I-I- thought we were careful. I- We-"

"We were. It's just that sometimes-."

"-B-but I used a condom and you're on birth control. I thought-" He continued to stammer.

"They're not entirely 100% effective, Brendon. Close, but not quite."

"Shit." He said calmly, leaning back against the dark couch.

"When I missed my period I wasn't sure if it was from me being stressed or not, but I had to make sure. That's why I went in for an appointment. I didn't want you to worry if it ended up being nothing."

"And was it nothing?"

"No." I stated. "That's why I'm going back for a follow-up."

"So, you're-"

"-Pregnant." I slowly said, lowering my eyes to my feet.

"Why couldn't you have told me?" He asked, slightly perturbed.

"I honestly wasn't sure how you'd react or if I was even sure if I wanted to keep it."

"You are, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Good?"

"Well, yeah. I mean-"

"You're not worried about all of this? Being a daddy?"

"Fuck yeah, I can barely take care of myself! But it'll be alright." He kissed my temple. "We just have to work together."

I sniffled lightly. "I know."

"So, is it a boy or girl?" He widely smiled.

"You can't tell this early." I giggled, "I'm not even showing yet!"

He laughed, "Fair enough."

"Okay then, so if it's a boy what'll you name it?"

"How about- Jacob Ryan James Urie?"

I chuckled. "Um...no. You can't just take your friend's middle names."

"Why not? It's better than mine." He cringed dramatically. "Boyd."

"I happen to love your name, Brendon Boyd Urie."

"Yeah, I only love it when it's you saying it." He kissed me delicately on my mouth. "So, this is real, huh? We're having a baby."

"Yes, we are." I smiled.

Pulling me in for a kiss, his tongue explored sweetly, making me moan against him. I pressed another kiss on his plush lips after we parted for breath. I hugged him tightly, my smile permanently glued on my face.

I let go and shoved him playfully. "I'll be back." I stood up and proceeded to walk back to our room.

"Wait, where are you going?" He got to his feet and placed his hands on his hips.

I stopped and looked over my shoulder.. "I'm taking a shower...not that it's any of your business, " I added lightheartedly.

He smirked sexily, "Then I'm coming too..."

A/N 2: So...that's it. I'm still if-y about it. I like it, but I don't. I dunno. Maybe it's just me. As always...your comments/questions/concerns are appreciated. OH! And if you would like to request a story idea for my next project please do that. I can't go without writing for you guys!
Sign up to rate and review this story