Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Empty house not heart

Dry cleaning explosion

by The_best_cliche 15 reviews

Time is just a man-made measurement. Time changes everything. What you are always affects who you are. Sometimes you lose the most important things because of them. Short Patrick Story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-11 - Updated: 2007-05-11 - 1476 words

3Original
Parking his car in the lot delegated for the dry cleaners , Patrick took his keys and got out. He held them as he closed his door and went to retrieve his hoodies from the hook in the back seat, he pressed the automatic key lock and continued on his way. He had spent enough days in his house doing nothing but catching up on delayed sleep and making beats. Now, he had errands to run and seeing as he procrastinated getting his hoodies cleaned for almost three days that was first on his list. Patrick thought he would just drop them off before going to the supermarket and getting a little bit of food and then taking the trip over to Pete's house where they would start discussing plans for the upcoming tour.

It had been about a week since he arrived home and each day it was getting a little easier to fall asleep by himself. It may have something to do with the fact that her intoxicating scent was disappearing and the imprint of her head on the pillow was fading. All remnants of her being there were becoming scarce. Patrick just had to live with the memories he had locked away in his mind and heart, or the pictures and notes he desperately tried to avoid looking at. It was a reminder of what he had and lost. Falling asleep might have been getting easier but, living with the emptiness and guilt wasn't. He missed her. How do you spend three years loving someone and just switch it off? That was impossible.

Patrick also didn't want to let her go. He didn't want to forget about her. He was torturing himself with the reality of Michele being gone and the hope he held that she would come back to him. It was possible. She had to miss him. Then again, she was used to him being gone. It is probably easier to get over someone when they were almost never there to begin with.

Opening the door to the shop he was glad to see it empty. Walking right up to the counter he handed the hoodies over as he waited for the woman to take his information. So far he hadn't gotten stuck in normal L.A. traffic and now no line at the dry cleaners. Maybe today would be his day. After paying, Patrick thanked her as he fixed his hat and turned to make his way towards his next destination.

Stopping abruptly,Patrick was now looking into the face that had graced his dreams. The eyes he had longed to gaze into. The lips he craved to hungrily kiss. The woman he wanted to confess everything to and beg to take him back. She was there. Michele was right in front of him and all he could do was look at her almost searching within himself and her face for some kind of clue what to do.

"Hi Patrick" her angelic voice spoke as she folded the dress bag she held over her arm and slowly looked back up at him. He was trying desperately to take in her almost flawless features. Just to take a mental picture to last longer so he wouldn't forget.

Taking a deep breath he stuffed his hands into the hoodie he was wearing. His mind and heart were doing running on overdrive. "Michele" he couldn't help the tone that he used when he said her name. It was like it involuntarily came out. His body stiffening.

She smiled watching him a few strands of her hair falling around her face as the rest was pulled back into a clip. "So, I hope the tour was good. I know every show was sold out. Congratulations, I'm sure it was amazing"

"well you would know if you came." he paused and snapped his fingers "oh wait, that's right you don't care about me anymore. Wow, how did that slip my mind" his head and face shook as in amazement of the discovery. His sarcasm becoming his defense mechanism. She hurt him.

"Patrick that's not true. Come on, you know I care about you." Michele tried to fight him. Patrick cut her off not wanting to hear it. The sound and tone of her voice was excruciating on his heart. "please, this is hard for me too don't make.."

"don't make this what, Michele?" he cut her off. "You wait for me to leave on tour and pack up all of your things and leave. How do you want me to make this? You want me say it's okay? That I come back home and everything is gone." he scoffed "yeah, because you made everything okay for me, right?" he shook his head "You even took the cat!"

"Well what did you want me to do Patrick? Leave him in the condo until you got back?" she sighed. Michele's last intention was to hurt him. He knew that. Patrick knew why she did everything she did but, he was not in the mood to be reasonable and nice. "And we talked before you left,and while you were gone. You knew everything.You knew I was leaving. What else was supposed to come of me staying? Come on Patrick don't do this. I didn't want to leave with you there. That would hurt too much"

"for you" he stated.

"You go on tour, and you're leaving again!" Michele exclaimed becoming frustrated with him and the current attitude. They had went on and on talking about this. Patrick remembered each conversation vividly. He was being stubborn. "If you want marzipan, fine you can have the cat but tell me how are you going to take care of him when you're gone all of the time, huh? A cat needs love, and attention, you have to feed him!" Patrick watched as she covered her face in attempt to pause and calm herself down. He knew her better than she could ever know herself. Every word he said made her upset. "Please don't do this. I am begging you not to make this any harder than it is. I am soo sorry for everything. You know how I still feel about you. I don't want to fight."

"Like I begged you to stay with me and make it work. You never cared about me, you still don't" His usual beautiful bright gray green eyes darkening as they got narrow and bore into her. "You're a selfish, insensitive fucking liar! And just like you never gave me another chance you don't get one either. Take your apologies and feelings and give to some other sucker whose going to fall for it. I'm done. Done with all of it especially you!" he pushed passed her and left.


Getting into his car Patrick sat there for a few minutes. His breathing had increased and his blood pressure rose. "fuck!!" he exclaimed hitting his steering wheel. He hadn't meant anything he had said to her. It was just his anger. He always just exploded when he was angry. Patrick regretted every moment that just happened. Wanting to just run back in there and grab and kiss her. Apologize for every word and plead her to take him back. Michele was the love of his life. The only woman he wanted to see in his future. Turning the car on he rubbed his temples. "You fucking asshole!"he cursed himself out pulling out of the driveway. He may have just pushed her ever farther away than she already was. He couldn't hate her for leaving him, he was nothing special. She was always way to good for him and now he proved it. They were really over all because of him.





Hello ficwad readers! This chapter was different than other chapters so I am not really sure about it. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where I could take the story I hope it was still fitting and you enjoy it. I try to get as many facts right about Patrick as possible. I know it is fiction and I have almost creative liberty but, if you haven't noticed there are a lot of facts. Patrick owns a condo in L.A., he adores Kid Robot hoodies and he had a cat named marzipan. I believe he was three legged.Patrick is also a very explosive person, he admits he can be an "asshole". Anyway I hope it helps create my character of Patrick to be more like the person he is representing.

I talk too much. Sorry, Anyway I would like to thank you for reading this story and for all of the amazing reviews. It means soo much to me that after my hiatus from the site I can still receive such amazing reviews. Thank you soo very much
=)
Sign up to rate and review this story